• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Game changer? pyrex ss hybrid wick by Scubabatdan

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmypc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
GTA, ON
Pretty interesting development over at the modding forum for all genesis/did owners

pyrex-ss-hybrid-wick

Funny how something in the vaping world could cause an effect on an industry that is so far out.

I just got a call from Susan at Wilmad-LabGlass: Manufacturer of NMR and EPR consumables, accessories and lab glassware and equipment. She was very nice and concerned that there may be something odd going on today. They suddenly started getting lots of orders for small quantities and a lot of new users registering on their site.

I explained what was going on and sent her a link to this thread. She indicated that they are pleased with the orders and pleased to help us in our endeavors. Really nice talking to Susan and even more thrilled they keep a watch after their customers.

I ordered both the WG-1365-2.5A and 305-PS-7. With the folks so nice to work with we may just need to talk about the specs we might use best and they can help us out.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
oh that is sooooo interesting, though I didn't read the whole thing yet. Funny timing too. I was just musing how cool it would be to be able to somehow wind a coil using a SS wick.... but for the obvious problem! A pyrex tube eliminates that problem. Now I just have to wait 'til I'm ready to acquire equipment that would allow me to possibly do something like that. I am intrigued!!!

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Zut alors! This is exactly what I've been looking for. Just the other day when I was trying to get a @#$Q@#%#$ coil working on my DID (and failing miserably) I started thinking about potential dielectric barriers I could put between my mesh and the coil. Turns out someone's already got the answer.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
This industry is evolving, and in a few months people wont even remember what a genesis is.

th_colbert_called.gif

new designs are coming i tellz ya!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Are you buying the 25 4 foot pieces? You'll be set for lifetimes. Ill grab a few inches off ya lol :toast:

OR.... He could make a 100 foot wick and invite us all to vape at his place OR...... depending on the prevailing winds being West to East, we could stay at our place and vape!

Just tell us the time and we will adjust for time zones, daylight savings, and the Jet Stream speed and direction!

Sound like a plan?

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
OR.... He could make a 100 foot wick and invite us all to vape at his place OR...... depending on the prevailing winds being West to East, we could stay at our place and vape!

Just tell us the time and we will adjust for time zones, daylight savings, and the Jet Stream speed and direction!

Sound like a plan?

You'd have to put airholes in regular intervals, and have coils and batts set up all the way along at the airholes.... and better give that wick a DAY or so to draw up fluid before vaping! hahahaha..... then all stand in a row and wait for the flag.... adds a whole new meaning to "serial vapist" hahahaha

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
You'd have to put airholes in regular intervals, and have coils and batts set up all the way along at the airholes.... and better give that wick a DAY or so to draw up fluid before vaping! hahahaha..... then all stand in a row and wait for the flag.... adds a whole new meaning to "serial vapist" hahahaha

I wonder if Guiness has any records for vaping yet?

frankbooth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2012
Toronto, Canada
So is it the 3 mm Thin Wall NMR Sample Tube 7" L, 200MHz that we want...just want to make sure, and Cobber, are you requesting USPS? I want to avoid any fees from the other two shipping methods.

Yeah best be careful with UPS or the $5 dollar tube will end up $50 at your door!!

gmypc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
GTA, ON
Damn it!! :) - they moved on to quartz glass (starting at post #333)

I swear I was just there catching up, opened another tab to order, post here, go back and bam! - the whole world moved on. That thread is moving so fast!

Oh well, $20 is 3 days worth of analogs. And except for the did clone, I got everything I need on hand (been rebuilding vivi nova heads).

Good luck to everyone!!

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
*rubbing eyes*
Ok... I just read that WHOLE thread, and my head is spinning, eyes are bleary, and I'm exhausted..... but for all that, I'm still really excited. What a geek eh? Haven't even received my first RBA yet and I'm already getting fired up about ideas like this.

I really hope I'm not breaking any rules here.... but is there anyone in BC's lower mainland-ish area interested in this? I'm thinking of ordering a 4ft piece or Fused Quartz tubing, 2mmID & 3mmOD, but asking them to cut it into 6 or 12" pieces for ease and economy of shipping. I'll call them tomorrow sometime to inquire. PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread