Status
Not open for further replies.

iamtumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
trying it for the first time right now... i haven't used gandalf before. it's been steeping for like 5 days... i just put in my genny and it tastes like i'm sucking on gandalf's beard
is this something that's common with gandalf? i use tobaccos exclusively in my gennys but this is near unvapeable. i'm about to put dark horse back in.

jonnypanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
Arlington, VA
I used the same adjective - unvapeable, when I first tried it. My experience with HHV is not that they go from good to better with steeping, they go from nasty to incredible. It's very weird. I know that some think they are okay upon arrival, and I'm sure that every batch is different, but my first try in particular (Gandalf was first) went from disappointment to elation.

Smokfreedoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2012
PHOENIX
I have bought gandalf 2x this month and it's been the same. A pipe tobacco taste on inhale and a chocolatly vapor on exhale. Is tht what it's suppose to taste like? I have a 30ml bottle steeping for about a week and will try it again in a few days.. Ive heard it may have a cherry undertone.. I do t know how Taste buds can vary so much .. One says cherry and another says chocolate.. 2 very different flavours..

bappo

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2012
Idaho
Gandalf tends to stay a lighter amber even through steeping and is very cherry cavindish pipe tobacco in flavor, Serendipity gets darker and is often described as choco/coffee-esque. Gandalf made through Sept. 27ish was really Serendipity. Bronze has the whole scoop. Gandalf purchased in October is the cherry one. Oh, and I like both in the genny.

Smokfreedoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2012
PHOENIX
It's been steeping for about a week and it's still that orange/amber color has not changed much but just a little bit.. I don't get cherry at all. I mean I still like it but mostly for the pipe taste...
And yes I just received my second 30ml bottle last week.. Very strong chocolate smell...
I have it in a clearomizer for now I'm just waiting for my dud tank to empty so I can try it in there..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread