Garbage...Atomizer Peformance

Status
Not open for further replies.

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
So owning a couple of 901 i observe the following:

The atomizers and/or batteries get weaker and weaker, and now its not even a week and i barely get hit of that one atomizer anymore.

Same thing observed with the other atomizer.

After one week use it gets VERY non-satisfactory to vap. And by the way, i am using PN "havannah" which is a VERY strong liquid. Dragging til i am blue in the face (probably getting a good dose of nic also)....but mostly having the feeling to drag air and not getting any flavor hit.

Also..reading about atomizer cleaning did not result in any conclusive information, trogg even said that it might be some liquid on the coils which is there if a atomizer is new. IF the liquids burns off, vapor production is reduced...respective delivery of liquid to the wick doesnt work as great anymore, and cleaning does NOT make it better!

( I have reason to believe that this "factory liquid" works similar to the liquid you use for soldering. Eg. it makes it easier for the fluid to cover/soak the metal mesh. Performance degrades a LOT if all this is burnt off.)

Kind of p***sed. A new atomizer every week would be way to expensive. The best idea still would really be get 5+ atomizers or more, and evenly rotate them to prolong performance.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Also..reading about atomizer cleaning did not result in any conclusive information, trogg even said that it might be some liquid on the coils which is there if a atomizer is new. IF the liquids burns off, vapor production is reduced...respective delivery of liquid to the wick doesnt work as great anymore, and cleaning does NOT make it better!

( I have reason to believe that this "factory liquid" works similar to the liquid you use for soldering. Eg. it makes it easier for the fluid to cover/soak the metal mesh. Performance degrades a LOT if all this is burnt off.)

Kind of p***sed. A new atomizer every week would be way to expensive. The best idea still would really be get 5+ atomizers or more, and evenly rotate them to prolong performance.

Flexy--we hear your frustation about atomizer performance and are working on it. I agree with you about the battery and the atomizer deteriorating--but I can not concur with you that it is a function of factroy primer erosion--that is just not true. All the factory primer does is abort inital burn out when first using the atomizer and is in fact just PG as confirmed by Ruyans application for Patent----so that theory holds no weight---a residual build up on the coil that causes lack of heat dispursment and eventual breakage of the coil from its contact points holds viable IMO------Sun

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
well i was just quoting trogg...so if it IS residual build-up - why are all those cleaning methods rather inconclusive in terms of making an atomizer "work like new" ?

Cleaning might not work for some, but it is working for me. I clean my atomizers once a week with Everclear (Pure Grain Alcohol). It seems to do a decent job of dissolving buildup on the coil. After I clean them and dry them out, I just put 3-4 drops of juice in the atomizers, and vape on.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
well i was just quoting trogg...so if it IS residual build-up - why are all those cleaning methods rather inconclusive in terms of making an atomizer "work like new" ?

Flexy--it goes to Saftey--we can get the coil clean--that has been shown. Now the issue is can we get it clean using a solution that is safe to work with and to use in the atomizer--that is what is Key. Troog is good at turning a flashlight into an very good Mod--no mistake about that--but as for the atomizer, his conclutions are not viable in our opinion. It is very easy to say--"just buy another--they are cheap"--But how much wather does that argument hold if they are banned and difficult to come by. So a lot of time, money, thoughts, discussion, and effort are now being advanced to in Atomizer salvage---But Saftey must come first---again--I hear your frustration as I myself burn through atomizer after atomizer over the last 6 months---bear with us and with some luck we will find something that is viable and Safe for all of us that actually works---Sun

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Just Saw This So I Figure I Post it,

I Was Just on Heavens Site, They Have A Posting That All RN Atom's No Longer Have A Warranty Per The RN Factory...

Keep Vapin!

Cell--thanks for the report--I agree that they do not even warrant one--they are a terrible atomizer as they run to hot and burn the liquid way to fast which causes resdual build up and short life span--they are IMO just plan outright badly designed---Thanks Cell-----Sun

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
ok....i soaked mine in very hot lemon juice (heated up in MW)...then i sprayed it with hot steam from a teapot....afterwards dried it with a blow dryer....works like new :)

I notice that there was also lots of fibers in the lemon juice from the polyester "wool"...so i can see this being bad too. Anyway its working 100% better now than before. Need more atomizers so i can start using a rotation :)

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
the older common way to clean atomizers which seems to have been completely forgotten was to simply boil them for ten minutes..

and sun dont be such a cheeky bugger.. he he..

trooog has tried all f-cking ways to clean and and prolong the life of atomizers.. sometimes it seems to work but after many many attempts trooog reached the conclusion that if as new performance was required and also allowing for the fact they dont exactly cost a bloody fortune it was simply easier just to buy new ones..

which when the fun stage wears off is the conclusion most folks will arrive at..

atomizers wear out.. they are good for around 5000 puffs on average or vaporizing around 25 ml of liquid.. (rough ball park figures) their performances falls off after that... they should be treated as semi disposable items right from the word go...

this information is aimed at the large amount of silent readers not those who use the term "we".. they will carry on posting what they want to..

message to new users... treat your e cig gear as semi disposable items.. buy spares in.. then the common new user frustrations might just not have to be gone thru..

these frustrations are only caused by trying to make the product do something it aint capable of.. and that is be anything more than a semi disputable item when given more than light use..

e cigs wear out... live with it... the rest can have fun experimenting... its in the nature of some.. me included.. but in the end some conclusion do have to be arrived at.. some folks do just want to use the bloody things.. not play and mess about with them..

trog

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
the older common way to clean atomizers which seems to have been completely forgotten was to simply boil them for ten minutes..

and sun dont be such a cheeky bugger.. he he..

trooog has tried all f-cking ways to clean and and prolong the life of atomizers.. sometimes it seems to work but after many many attempts trooog reached the conclusion that if as new performance was required and also allowing for the fact they dont exactly cost a bloody fortune it was simply easier just to buy new ones..

which when the fun stage wears off is the conclusion most folks will arrive at..

atomizers wear out.. they are good for around 5000 puffs on average or vaporizing around 25 ml of liquid.. (rough ball park figures) their performances falls off after that... they should be treated as semi disposable items right from the word go...

this information is aimed at the large amount of silent readers not those who use the term "we".. they will carry on posting what they want to..

message to new users... treat your e cig gear as semi disposable items.. buy spares in.. then the common new user frustrations might just not have to be gone thru..

these frustrations are only caused by trying to make the product do something it aint capable of.. and that is be anything more than a semi disputable item when given more than light use..

e cigs wear out... live with it... the rest can have fun experimenting... its in the nature of some.. me included.. but in the end some conclusion do have to be arrived at.. some folks do just want to use the bloody things.. not play and mess about with them..

trog

WE ALL AGREE (Thought that would be the WE, you hate )
It is a hoot and a half, reading all the amazing amount of time and energy
that many go thru to save a 10 cent item, yeah I know we pay a bunch more, and I aint no millionaire, however, when that little thing is done it is done, I have revived a bunch of them, with success, using no more than hot water, I tried the Coke method, that worked, but I just put on a new on and move on, What I have discovered, I do nothing, ever, but drip and vape and drip and drip and when the gods line them up
mine just seem to go forever
then there the ones that just dont wanna work, and they just will not, no matter what.

I only posted, cos I am a TROG groupie

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i only post cos i have come to another conclusion... all this "fun posting" stuff is responsibly for much frustration for new e cig users..

its fun for the small amount of folks that love doing it.. but its at the root of all the frustrations the new e smoker has to go thru..

they need to know what they are buying into... which in truth is a semi disposable product for anything other than light occasional use..

some sellers get around this by offering longer guarantees and simply replacing each semi disposable part as it wears out...

some simply sell cheaper without the guarantee...

none go out of their way to say exactly how many puffs each part is good for..

none will pop in here and give their own figures... before i became a maker/seller i tried very hard to make them do this... none ever took up the challenge..

new methods of selling were even suggested..

free atomizers with very xxxs numbers of carts purchased.. this locks the user into the product and save both time and trouble..

e cigs are not really cheap enough to make to become truly disposable items.. they are not likely to be either.. at least not for a long time..

so that leaves us with a little honesty as regards exactly what we are buying... once people know what they are buying and treat the product accordingly the problems will go away...

i can say all this because i really dont give a sh-t about upsetting half the forum users and a large part of the e cig undustry..

someone has to say it.. it kinda looks like its down to me..

trog

Last edited:

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
The best idea still would really be get 5+ atomizers or more, and evenly rotate them to prolong performance.

Just my experience but i done this. I had 4 atomizers, i used three for the different flavors i had and kept oen back for a spare. I switched on a regular basis. All was good for around 8 weeks then in a 4 day span 3 of them died leaving me with one. That one lasted till i got more in.
I no longer rotate, i use one till it dies then switch to a new one and always try to keep two in stock.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i only post cos i have come to another conclusion... all this "fun posting" stuff is responsibly for much frustration for new e cig users..

its fun for the small amount of folks that love doing it.. but its at the root of all the frustrations the new e smoker hase to go thru..

they need to know what they are buying into... which in truth is a semi disposable product for anything other than light occasional use..

some sellers get around this by offering longer guarantees and simply replacing each semi disposable part as it wears out...

none will pop in here and give their own figures... before i became a maker/seller i tried very hard to make them do this... none ever took up the challenge..

free atomizers with very xxxs numbers of carts purchased.. this locks the user into the product and save both time and trouble..

e cigs are not really cheap enough to make to become truly disposable items.. they are not likely to be either.. at least not for a long time..

so that leaves us with a little honesty as regards exactly what we are buying... once people know what they are buying and treat the product accordingly the problems will go away...

i can say all this because i really dont give a sh-t about upsetting half the forum users and a large part fo the e cig undustry..

trog

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC

its fun for the small amount of folks that love doing it.. but its at the root of all the frustrations the new e smoker has to go thru..

i can say all this because i really dont give a sh-t about upsetting half the forum users and a large part of the e cig undustry..

trog

Here I go again, needing to suck up to Trog
It is very funny on how this site has developed over a product, that
one, the Chinese,( NO negative comments about the Chinese)
have built and maybe even created, and we think we are buying
cadillacs and BMW's of the electronic world

If they are building this, you know that they are doing so, with 10's of thousands of people laboring at pennies an hour, to build a product that maybe cost????????? what???? 4 dollars maybe

So, how dare any of us, start to complain that they do not hold up or last for yrs Mine have lasted for months and I am over the moon, that I got that amount of time from any of it

If anything lasts even a few weeks I am okay with it, I know what I bought maybe that is why I have so many and will continue to buy them, until someone, other than TROG builds a unit that may actually last a while, Then, it will cost us 100's of dollars

so lets be thankful that most do not cost that much and be thankful that we actaully have an alternative to analogs

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I, too, have come to the conclusion that atomizers are basically disposable. (Except for atomizers purchased at a premium due to good warranties--I've made my money back on those. :D)

Personally, I have absolutely no problem from a cost standpoint of replacing 901 and 801 atomizers every 2 weeks or so. No problem at all. I'm a former 2+ pack a day smoker, so spending $20-$30 a month on atomizers doesn't cause me even a moment's pause.

HOWEVER, what is frustrating is how difficult it is to find the stinking atomizers.

I pay attention when people talk about how to prolong the life/repair the atomizers, not because I actually want to save the money, but because I'm afraid parts are going to become more difficult to find . . . regardless of cost. I have a small graveyard of dead atomizers and batteries sitting in a drawer in my kitchen just waiting for that day when I might have to actually learn how to solder. 8-o

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
My experience has been that certain companies do make a superior product...I really think the mseries(m201, m401) is way superior to other brands. I have vaped on the same 401 atomizer for two months now. I have killed 5 atomizers in less than a month on the ladypipe. A lot of people having problems with RN series but less with DSE and even less with Mseries.

Having said all this I am in the camp that thinks disposable atomizer/cartridge is the way to go. That is the future and the future is here....there are some really good ones out there. And we will be getting them in the states real soon...it will blow anything compatible with loongtotem/reddragon away. It will blow the 901s/801s away.

Catanonia

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
UK
extraview.dnsalias.com
Just my experience but i done this. I had 4 atomizers, i used three for the different flavors i had and kept oen back for a spare. I switched on a regular basis. All was good for around 8 weeks then in a 4 day span 3 of them died leaving me with one. That one lasted till i got more in.
I no longer rotate, i use one till it dies then switch to a new one and always try to keep two in stock.

good post and sound advice..

I have 2 in my pouch, I use one regulary and one as back up. I have the other 2 tested and in storage in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread