Gasket For Mini - Is This A Bad Idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

layer

Mar 19, 2012
Las Vegas
First, I can not say enough good things about the Legacy. I bought a standard last week and found it to be so well constructed and designed that I immediately ordered a mini. These mods just scream quality. I couldn't be happier with them.

Upon receiving the mini yesterday, I was saddened to find that my protected 1200 mAh 18350 cells are just a little too long to work properly. What happens is that there is no room left for any throw on the switch - it's in the permanently "On" position; like using too many washers.

I found that having the switch unscrewed a few turns would leave room for the switch to function, so I installed a tiny o-ring to act as a spacer/gasket between the switch and the body. This seems to work perfectly, but is it a bad idea? Is there a better solution?

Last edited:

layer

Mar 19, 2012
Las Vegas
Thanks Steve!
The Kick I ordered from you guys just arrived today, so I will be testing it out with some AW IMR 18490's in the standard Legacy today. I have been looking high and low for a Kick for several months now, but PS came through for me.

Here are some photos of the mini with the o-ring installed:
Untitled.jpg

o-ring.jpg

The Legacy really is an awesome device. Aside from the outstanding construction and design, these things are just plain beautiful... even sexy! And at less than $100, an incredible value.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread