Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
20130115214826.jpg

raised skirt

emonty I borrowed (stole) your image code to ask a question in another thread but I will ask you as well.

I always thought you should wrap coils so they don't touch each other. Sure looks like you wrapped them right against themselves ..... does that alter the resistance or increase chances of shorts in anyway ???

I have some very small RBAs and its tough to get enough coil in them sometimes without touching.

Thanks
Tim

bask

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2012
The Euroneous Zone
Ah, good to know i can pack it tight together.
My first coil is 1.5Ω.
Might want to go for 1.8Ω.

Still need to figure out how much cotton (don't have silica) to use and how to pack it together,
getting decent vape clouds, but currently not much taste (which happened to me before when there was too much cotton on top of the coil).

I had some problems getting the top cap on (the rubber ring was dry) and temporarily (hopefully :D) damaged a nerve and can't feel half of my pinky. :laugh:

Last edited:

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
Neat little unit. Thanks for the vid. I, for one, commend you on your English...it is far, far better than my French...c'est la vie.
Be sure to give us a follow-up once you have used it a while longer as things do tend to grow on you or show there weaknesses after time.

Thank you for the compliment. Yes I will do a follow up at one time, but can tell you already that I still like it. The tank addition works but gives a cooler vape. I have to play a little with resistance to find the sweet spot and not make the battery drain too fast. The dripping mode is very nice at around 1.4 ohm, good flavor, nice warm throat hit, enough vapor and the battery holds up for a good 2 hours until it gets weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread