Gee so many china incident nowadays U all feel safe?about e liquid and those carts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
even shoes made by them also toxic?beside milk ....ect

ROME, ITALY - Italian police said Friday they had confiscated some 1.7 million counterfeit shoes made with leather containing illegal toxins, most of them from China.

Operation "Toxic Shoes" began in May and 21 Chinese and seven Italians are now being prosecuted for selling counterfeit products and threatening public health, a police spokesman told AFP.

Shoes containing hexavalent chromium compounds which are illegal in Italy due to their high toxicity and potentially carcinogenic effect were seized in Tuscany, police said.

A police unit responsible for financial crimes seized counterfeit imports which were mostly made in China but were labelled as "real leather" and "made in Italy", police said.

More than 20 million euros (29 million dollars) of merchandise was seized in one of Tuscany's largest sweeps in recent years. The operation led to 45 searches including in three other Italian regions outside Tuscany. --AFP

I stay in asia and I feel nothing new on this incident cause by china.
all the while they don;t have control on foods...ect stuffs..
even they are smart to clone electronics stuffs

and some even work better ! .I am chinese here and is a local singaporean stay in singapore.I don;t mean support them since I also chinese here

just netural here.

before I start e cig and came to know there is this nicotine liquid to vapour.my mind keep thinking is it safe?this stuffs is made in china.

and most e liquid is made formula in china factories at shenzhen.

after the milk case , and suddenly alot of stuffs made by china contain toxics...I wonder u all feel more worry?

for my case , it is nothing....I feel we smoke real cig for so many yrs.
real cig got so much deadly toxics and chemicals in it and yet we are still around...maybe health is degrade faster when we get old

I still smoke real cig during the day .and sometime at nite
and also e puff at home.

:D:pfor my case I am an optimistic person.

how about u all feel?

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
The safety scares from China do worry me Fish, it would be more reassuring if China had a better regulatory reputation. I don't think we can generalise about all companies, there are some companies with proven higher standards than others. Ruyan and Janty have reputations to protect and I would expect their manufacturing process to be pretty safe and reliable. Ecig.com doesn't have much of a reputation and just seems concerned about knocking out cheap products for profit. I wouldn't like to have to use their eliquid, their company ethics don't give me confidence. Pillbox in the UK gets his Wicked eliquid from China and has had it lab tested, the results look ok and I wouldn't worry about using that eliquid either. So there are good and not so good manufacturers from China, it just takes a bit of common sense to work out which are more likely to be safe.

There is no guarantee that European or North American juice is safe either since there are no regulations. These companies are out to get our money in the same way as Chinese companies, there is no way to know if they are following good practice guidelines and using quality ingredients. Only Chinese products have any proven lab tests and clinical trial history so far and they are the ones I would trust the most.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Yes, I am concerned about inhaling vapor of unknown quality, with unknown and unregulated contents from a country with industries that have a track record of switching cheap but dangerous ingredients for safe, more expensive ingredients.

In a previous post on this, I was called a racist (I'm really not) for questioning placing trust in products like ours from China. These are almost "food" products, like baby milk. These are not "cheap Chinese toys" that break in three days with little consequence to the buyer. We suck in these ingredients, which move to our bloodstream in seconds, to be distributed to the brain and all body organs within seconds.

But we willingly use these unregulated liquids from a country now reeling from greedish, criminal behavior in creating killer liquids. Corporate greed killed dogs last year; this year, it's babies and children. And we trust them?

As Trog has pointed out, they make what we want to buy (cheap crap). No one twists our arms to buy it, or take it into our bodies.

You bet I'm concerned. We need regulation sooner than later as more people think they're pursuing a safer route to nicotine by switching to e-smoking. They don't know that. And we don't know that. I wish we did, but wishing in the absence of knowing is a route to unknown, possibly dangerous, consequences.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
It's not racist to be concerned TBob, that's sensible given the lack of regulation and the reputation of the Chinese for health negligence.

What is important is that we take each manufacturer on their own merits. They don't just make 'cheap crap', there are different levels of quality, just the same as everywhere else. The only reliable tests and reports we have access to at the moment are with Chinese products. These particular manufacturers are ahead of the others, wherever they are, in proving safety and quality. China might present the biggest risk on the one hand but specific products from there have been proven safer, due to testing, than anywhere else so far. Ruyan and Wicked in particular have trials and tests that no other manufacturer has made public. That to me represents voluntary compliance to decent safety standards. Hopefully the rest, wherever they are, will follow suit and put our minds at rest.

If you want cheap crap from China you can get it but it's probably more likely to harm you. If you want quality then they have that too (Ruyan, Janty, Wicked), the premium price is what you pay in this case for higher standards. We all weigh up our own risks and in this case we do it with our health at stake. Personally I'm happier with the tested Chinese eliquid available at the moment than with untested eliquid from wherever. Blind trust would indeed be foolish.

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
Lol I know- just kidding Fish- Not teasing. We had an exchange student from Mexico stay with us, and we would kid him about some of his english and he'd kid us abotu our spanish- it was all in good fun-
:Dyup same apply to those china folks come to singapore study , some of them don;t know english well .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread