Status
Not open for further replies.

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
anyone else have their eye on this one?
Avocado_awesome__62284.1451355613.1280.1280.jpg

the capacity kind of sucks but I thought the design was very good so I pulled the trigger on it. I really like the way the ceramic insert reduces the chamber and is drilled out horizontally to still aim air to the back of the coil in single coil mode. Flavor should be outstanding with that and the belled cap.

should have mine by monday. I'll post some thoughts

happy vaping

Tivo

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I believe they are using genesis "style" because of the vertical juice draw from the tank below, but thanks for clearing that up for everyone.

Yeah, well the juice might be drawn up vertically, through a cotton wick, to a horizontal coil, so the use of the term "genesis style" is wildly wrong and takes great liberties with the term.

There is ABOLUTELY NOTHING GENESIS ABOUT THIS ATTY.

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Thanks for the schooling. :thumbs:

Yer welcome. Sorry to rant like that, but I'm one of those old school genny purists, who don't take kindly to the term being diluted, spun, twisted, or misused. The worst offense is to call a dripper a genny, or build a genny as a dripper. I get really offended at that stuff.

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Hi Annie 56,
Probably would be difficult to insulate the deck with mesh. I wouldn't want to keep popping coils. As vaslovik indicates, this little bugger is suited more for the RTA threads.
Happy vaping
You don't need to insulate anything. When you do a U mesh--or any regular genny with a straight mesh--you wrap the wick and coil, pulse it out to get rid of shorts and hot legs. Then you juice.
I remove all of my wick insulators from the attys that come with them. They wind up melting to the mesh. That Avocado would work splendidly w mesh, but i prolly wouldn't use a Clapton for mesh :D

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
so are these drippers or rta ? (eko-wool) just curious
View attachment 521341
Those are gennys. I have them both. You should give mesh a try in the Rsst. It's easy!!Actually, the Sat's not difficult either. At least if your wrap gets loose on the Rsst, you can just pull it in a little

Reactions: Vaslovik

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I'm kind of interested in it. I have the Fodi and two Nectars. I do build them as RTAs though (so far). My attempts at mesh U wicks have been dismal, but I've been given some pointers now so may try again.

I've also debated using mesh feeder straws with rayon wicks through the coils. I think that might make them super easy to wick.

I like weird new stuff that's different from everything else :)

Reactions: Annie56

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Beside cutting the mesh diagonally, I tend to roll Uwicks around a strand of thick-ish Kanthal. Makes it easy bending it into shape and have it stay that way. This is probably more useful for drippers, tho... as the wick isn't held in place by anything other than the coil. Either way it may help retaining shape while wrapping the coil.

Reactions: Annie56
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread