Status
Not open for further replies.

iamtezr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2016
Down Under, Australia
Was browsing for new mod with a capable 18650/26650 and came across the Geekvape Aegis. Looks very slick and reminds me very much like the hcigar VT250 with the lethal like back cover. The backing of the Aegis looks somewhat like leather but it could be the advance injection molding of liquid silicone rubber.

86913446b67cc6d5456ac7b9a1fb4b5f.jpg

1fa295a4777ca976d66c7bd4f8cfac08.jpg

92f8e853fb397a8cb361b66a4827268c.jpg

Link to Geekvape site :here
Looks like the link is down at the moment(will update once it's back up) but found some info on the Heavengifts site: GeekVape Aegis 100W Box Mod

100W TC mod and advertised as waterproof.
Not sure how I feel about this 'waterproof' feature but the mod does look nice.

Last edited:

iamtezr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2016
Down Under, Australia
Found a video of their waterproof test on the mod.

Firstly I would not recommend anyone to do this to their mod if they do get one even if it was advertised as 'waterproof'. Secondly, if the mod has been assembled and sealed so water can't get into the internal electrical components or battery then this mod could probably get a lot of attention.

How many times have I had leaking tanks that leaks juice all over my mods. How many times have I carefully used a wet cloth to wipe down my mod so it's not sticky but to make sure no water goes into the mod to prevent damaging the mod. I still wouldn't run it under the tap to wash off the juice but at least I can wipe it down with a wet cloth without worrying too much about water damaging the mod. Just my thoughts on this whole waterproofing concept.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Man, finally they're making a mod for those of us who like to vape in the shower. It's about time, as a group we are overlooked by big vape, so it's nice to finally get some recognition. Looking out for us wetvapperz. I added the z on the end because that's how cool we are as a group.

iamtezr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2016
Down Under, Australia
Man, finally they're making a mod for those of us who like to vape in the shower. It's about time, as a group we are overlooked by big vape, so it's nice to finally get some recognition. Looking out for us wetvapperz. I added the z on the end because that's how cool we are as a group.

Haha.
Looking forward to see Mike Vapes/DJLsb or PBusardo doing a review on the mod while in the shower. I can already picture how badly it could end with PBusardo doing one in the shower lol.

iamtezr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2016
Down Under, Australia
I love single 26650 mods. Add waterproof and it's a winner.
But before I buy it, I need to know more about battery venting.

Saw your concern about battery venting on the other thread so it got me thinking as well. Checked some photos and can see that it has vent holes at the top. So if the board were to fail or battery has short and vents, the top area where the vent holes would most likely pop off.
Last thing you want is a hand grenade...

5407faa53a175e50366755dde92c42c0.jpg

I'm still trying to find reviews and more information on the device but since it hasn't been released yet, don't think I'll find anything for a few more weeks but I'll keep everyone posted :)

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Ordered. Shipping Eta of 8/30
9304c87cc45b62de826a8b36607d7ed4.jpg

I "pre-ordered" a gun metal Aegis from Fasttech. Using coupon code "MAP" brought the price to $45 with free shipping.....just another option. (I've never heard of elegomall)

Their estimated ship date was today.

johnnyelevator

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
long beach, ca
I "pre-ordered" a gun metal Aegis from Fasttech. Using coupon code "MAP" brought the price to $45 with free shipping.....just another option. (I've never heard of elegomall)

Their estimated ship date was today.
Cool. Let me know when it ships. I'll go back to elegomall with that information.

I work in Vietnam and fasttech won't ship here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread