Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again folks today we will have a look at the much anticipated rba Pod for the Aegis Boost. The rba Pod is almost identical to the standard Pod that the Boost uses except on the rba Pod there is a round dome that covers the deck , to access the deck you simply unscrew the cover. I wont be covering the Boost itself today as Iv'e already reviewed the Boost , if you haven't read the review the link will be posted below.

GEEKVAPE AEGIS BOOST REVIEWED BY BIGBOB2322

GEEKVAPE AEGIS BOOST RBA POD

20200122_135241.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE BOOST RBA POD

20200126_083912.jpg

BOOST RBA DECK

3_3.jpg

FILL PORT IS IN THE SAME POSITION AS THE STOCK POD

6_2_1.jpg

6-2.jpg

AIR FLOW ADJUSTMENT DIAL IS IN THE SAME POSITION AS STOCK POD

7_1_6.jpg

COVER REMOVED SHOWING AIR FLOW HOLES AND WICK HOLES

20200129_133109.jpg

THE RBA POD USES A SPRING LOADED CLAMP STYLE TO CAPTURE THE COIL LEGS

20200129_140015.jpg

BOTTOM OF RBA POD

20200131_090307.jpg

CONNECTING RBA POD TO BOOST IS DONE THE SAME WAY AS STOCK PODS CLIP

5_2_1.jpg

ALL PARTS OF THE BOOST RBA POD

2_6.jpg

COIL INSTALLED AND READY FOR WICKING ( 1Ω MTL CLAPTON )

20200129_135032.jpg

WICKED AND READY FOR JUICE

20200129_141817.jpg

JUICED UP AND DECK COVER SECURED

20200129_133003.jpg

FINISHED AND CONNECTED TO AEGIS BOOST

20200129_144105.jpg

PROS

* FLAVOR
    EASY TO BUILD
    INCLUDES 2 DRIP TIPS
    FULLY ADJUSTABLE AIRFLOW
    * EASY BUILD DECK ACCESS
    * BEST OF ALL STILL DRY AFTER SO MANY REFILLS

20200131_143523.jpg

CONS

EXTREMELY DARK POD
    FILLING CAN BE MESSY IF NOT CAREFUL

FINAL IMPRESSIONS OF THE AEGIS BOOST RBA POD

We have all been waiting for the RBA Pod to become available and finally it is. I have been using this for quite some time and have been very impressed with the performance that the RBA Pod puts out, that's not to say there aren't any shortcomings because there are but only a couple.

IMO the Boost RBA Pod is more geared to the MTL user because of the battery capacity of the Boost itself, being a 1500 mAH battery if you use low builds you wont be using it long before the battery goes dead. I purposely built a 1Ω clapton coil that ohmed out to 1.03 and vaped it at 18 watts. The flavor is very good with plenty of vapor also.

This RBA Pod is so easy to build on because of it's open access and spring loaded clamps to capture your coil legs, a word of caution though do not unscrew to far because the clamps are not fully secured and finding the tiny spring and putting everything together again can be a pita. Using only this build of 1Ω Iv'e been able to get almost a full day usage :thumb:.

As I said earlier in what's included you get 2 drip tips that are 510 so you are able to use your own with the Boost RBA Pod. The airflow is still fully adjustable and really lets you dial in from 0 airflow to fully open and very airy.

I mentioned shortcomings earlier and the Boost RBA Pod has 2 , the first being very dark tinting making it almost impossible to see the juice in the pod without a light source behind it. I don't know why they continue to make their pods so dark, I don't think even a clear pod would detract from the great look of their products. The 2nd shortcoming is the fill hole being a messy endeavor if your not careful. Iv'e found it easier with no chance of spillage into the mod if you remove the pod to fill. The fill plug has been lengthened a little aiding in holding it out of the way of filling. The best way Iv'e found to fill the pod is by tilting it in a angle away from yourself and dripping drops directly down the center of the fill hole carefully watching for a bubble to hopefully not form, if it does STOP FILLING and use a toothpick or something long and thin to pop it or you will have a mess.

I have to say I really enjoy the Aegis Boost and enjoy it even more having the ability to put my own build in to customize it the way I like it. The flavor and vapor along with size lightweight and form factor all come together and with a Rba Pod the Aegis Boost is complete. I hope that this review helped anyone thinking about purchasing one. I would also like to thank Clay and GeekVape for sending the Boost RBA Pod for review. You can follow GeekVape here. Facebook - Log In or Sign Up

MANY THANKS
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Thank you for a great review. Been looking forward to it for a while. One question plz. I've been wondering what the inside diameter of the top cap is?
    The Boost RBA Pod is supplied with 2 drip tips that are standard 510 size, I don't have calipers so I can't give you an exact measurement. Sorry! One is more geared for MTL being smaller in diameter.

Last edited:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    So glad you got one for review! I know some people had leaking problems (mine hasn’t thankfully). Glad to hear the rba seems to have addressed that issue. Is this pod the same “dark” as the originals? I’m looking forward to getting one now. The Boost has been a winner for me so far :)

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hi @NolaMel yes it's just as dark as the standard pod, I can only believe that GeekVape thinks a clear or light tint would make the device less attractive, I don't think it would and I think more of their products would be sold if they went clear or less tinted.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    The Boost RBA Pod is supplied with 2 drip tips that are standard 510 size, I don't have calipers so I can't give you an exact measurement. Sorry! One is more geared for MTL being smaller in diameter.
    Sorry to be a pain Bob. I dont mean the drip tip. I mean the actual cap when you unscrew it from the deck. I've been wondering what the inner diameter is. No need for a caliper...just a tape or ruler size will suffice. Thanks.

• Love
    Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread