Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello folks hope all is well with everyone today. The Aegis Boost by GeekVape is the review happening today. The Boost is the latest in the Aegis lineup from GeekVape leaning toward a lighter AIO style of device or pod system if you want to call it.

20191226_100029.jpg

The Boost comes in a nice array of color options

untitled1_5_orig.png

The contents of the Boost from GeekVape

untitled4_3_orig.png

My contents including extra drip tip ( Round )

20191226_094732.jpg

The Boost continues with the same IP 67 rating as all Aegis models have

s116-web-11_orig.jpg

Here are some parameters of the Aegis Boost

untitled3_6_orig.png

Overview of the Aegis Boost

untitled9_orig.jpg

The Aegis Boost uses a simple push to open pod that houses the airflow selector also

s116-web-09_orig.gif

The pod houses 2 types of plugin type coils ( 0.4Ω and 0.6Ω )

s116-web-07_orig.gif

tank capacity for the Boost is 3.7ml

20200103_165631.jpg

Wide range airflow control

20191226_101636.jpg

Top fill port on the Boost

20191226_100337.jpg

Venting ports on the bottom of the device

20191226_100557.jpg

Aegis Boost USB port

20191226_095749.jpg

Various pictures of my Aegis Boost

20191226_095359.jpg

20191226_100441.jpg

20191226_105554.jpg

PROS

* Flavor
    * Size
    * Weight
    * 2 Drip tips
    * Rotating Flat Drip Tip
    *Battery Life
    * MTL or DL Capable
    * ( Optional RBA Pod )

CONS
    Dark Tank
    *Filling Can Be Messy If Not Careful
    * Not Compatable With 510 Drip Tips

The Boost is a AIO system that is very feather light and comfortable to operate using a thumb or finger to fire the device, using a thumb fire allows you to access the power, wattage buttons and air flow selector without changing placement of the device while it's in your hand.

The Boost is a wattage only device that has a range of 5 - 40 watts with basically no menu to speak of except a puff counter making it a very easy simple to use device for new vapors as well as seasoned vapors.

Operation of the Boost

5 presses of the power button to turn on or off

Holding the + and - button locks the wattage adjustment but you can still vape

Holding the - and power button will highlight the puff counter then press the - to clear puffs

As I said earlier this is a simple lightweight device that puts out a great flavorful vape using either of the coils that are supplied with the Boost. I have been using the Boost for a few weeks and haven't experienced any leaks from the device. Along with the coils, coil removal tool ( Makes it easier to remove coils ) came a round drip tip that I thought I'd prefer but I found that I liked the flat better and also like the option that it can rotate to any position you like.

This is a very thirsty tank but that means it's wicking is working very well as I have not received a dry hit yet and the coils are still producing very good flavor. The 0.6Ω coil is good and a bit more narrow than the 0.4Ω which is my preference of the 2. One thing I have to stress is to fill the pod with the smallest tip you have at a angle very slowly to avoid a mess. Airflow is smooth but a tiny bit noisy. GeekVape has a RBA Pod for the Boost that was not sent prior to this review but I hope it will be sent after and if it is I will review it separately.

I find myself grabbing this little beast over my stable of mods because of it's flavor production, size and weight. GeekVape has a winner with the Boost and having a RBA pod puts this gem at the top for me. I would like to thank Clay and GeekVape for providing the Boost for review.

You can follow GeekVape on Facebook GeekVape

I hope this review helped anyone thinking about purchasing the Boost.

Many Thanks
    Bigbob2322

Last edited:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Hello folks hope all is well with everyone today. The Aegis Boost by GeekVape is the review happening today. The Boost is the latest in the Aegis lineup from GeekVape leaning toward a lighter AIO style of device or pod system if you want to call it.

View attachment 861629

The Boost comes in a nice array of color options

untitled1_5_orig.png

The contents of the Boost from GeekVape

untitled4_3_orig.png

My contents including extra drip tip ( Round )

View attachment 861631

The Boost continues with the same IP 67 rating as all Aegis models have

s116-web-11_orig.jpg

Here are some parameters of the Aegis Boost

untitled3_6_orig.png

Overview of the Aegis Boost

untitled9_orig.jpg

The Aegis Boost uses a simple push to open pod that houses the airflow selector also

s116-web-09_orig.gif

The pod houses 2 types of plugin type coils ( 0.4Ω and 0.6Ω )

s116-web-07_orig.gif

Tank capacity for the Boost is 3.7ml

View attachment 861633

Wide range airflow control

View attachment 861635

Top fill port on the Boost

View attachment 861637

Venting ports on the bottom of the device

View attachment 861639

Aegis Boost USB port

View attachment 861651

Various pictures of my Aegis Boost

View attachment 861641

View attachment 861643

View attachment 861645

PROS

* Flavor
    * Size
    * Weight
    * 2 Drip tips
    * Rotating Flat Drip Tip
    *Battery Life
    * MTL or DL Capable
    * ( Optional RBA Pod )

CONS
    Dark Tank
    *Filling Can Be Messy If Not Careful
    * Not Compatable With 510 Drip Tips

The Boost is a AIO system that is very feather light and comfortable to operate using a thumb or finger to fire the device, using a thumb fire allows you to access the power, wattage buttons and air flow selector without changing placement of the device while it's in your hand.

The Boost is a wattage only device that has a range of 5 - 40 watts with basically no menu to speak of except a puff counter making it a very easy simple to use device for new vapors as well as seasoned vapors.

Operation of the Boost

5 presses of the power button to turn on or off

Holding the + and - button locks the wattage adjustment but you can still vape

Holding the - and power button will highlight the puff counter then press the - to clear puffs

As I said earlier this is a simple lightweight device that puts out a great flavorful vape using either of the coils that are supplied with the Boost. I have been using the Boost for a few weeks and haven't experienced any leaks from the device. Along with the coils, coil removal tool ( Makes it easier to remove coils ) came a round drip tip that I thought I'd prefer but I found that I liked the flat better and also like the option that it can rotate to any position you like.

This is a very thirsty tank but that means it's wicking is working very well as I have not received a dry hit yet and the coils are still producing very good flavor. The 0.6Ω coil is good and a bit more narrow than the 0.4Ω which is my preference of the 2. One thing I have to stress is to fill the pod with the smallest tip you have at a angle slowly to avoid a mess. Airflow is smooth but a tiny bit noisy. GeekVape has a RBA Pod for the Boost that was not sent prior to this review but I hope it will be sent after and if it is I will review it separately.

I find myself grabbing this little beast over my stable of mods because of it's flavor production, size and weight. GeekVape has a winner with the Boost and having a RBA pod puts this gem at the top for me. I would like to thank Clay and GeekVape for providing the Boost for review.

You can follow GeekVape on Facebook GeekVape

I hope this review helped anyone thinking about purchasing the Boost.

Many Thanks
    Bigbob2322

Excellent review. Thanks Big Bob! The Boost sounds great. I am very interested in hearing about the RBA.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread