Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello,

Another review of another Aegis, this time the newest pod kit from Geekvape, the Aegis Hero.

Aegis is still one of my favorite product line of it is about devices. What makes this device special is the top airflow and the compatibility with the Boost coils.

Thank you @Geekvape_Official for sending me this kit!

Let's jump into it!

Specifcations:

Dimension:48.15*25.4*82.9mm
Battery capacity: 1200mAh
Charging voltage: 5V 1.5A
Mode: Power / Bypass
Output Power: 5-45W
Screen dimension: 0.42” OLED
Resistance range: 0.1Ω - 3Ω
Working Temperature: -10°C - 45°C
Standby current: <10uA
E-juice capacity: 4ML
Filling mode: Top filling
Drip tip type: 510 drip tip

Features:

Top airflow zero leakage
The more fulfilling vaping experience
Optimized output, consistent flavor
Intense flavor, higher satisfaction
IP67 rate military-grade mod, perfect for extreme outdoor activities
Modern Luxury design for a high-profile performance
Strong magnets, make quick & perfect match
Compact mod, but rich clouds

Packaging:

1 * Aegis Hero
2 * Geekvape B Series Coil (0.4Ω 25~33W, 0.6Ω 15~25W)
1 * Drip tip
1 * Coil tool
1 * USB cable
1 * User manual

Review:

Design wise it reminds me a lot of the Legend/X, it is like a tiny little Legend/X. It is light weight and it feels really solidly made like I am used to from the Aegis devices. It is much smaller and lighter than I actually expected, quite a bit smaller than the boost. See below a picture of the Hero next to the Boost Plus and Aegis X.

Materials are the regular Aegis type, zinc alloy, silicone and leather. Like with all of my other Aegis devices the silicone loves dust, it absorbs it like a vacuum cleaner. No big deal since you can just wash the device under the tap as this one also is IP67 certified, water, shock and dust proof.

All buttons feel proper and I like the fire button, it’s quite small but it’s a comfortable one.

Probably the only thing I dislike on this device is the screen, it is so tiny and they squeezed so much information on it, kind of similar to the boost, but the lay-out on the boost is much better. There is more than enough space on the front panel for a larger screen.

There is not much functionality apart from VW, resetting of puff count, locking and choosing between two modes P (power) and B (bypass). Locking only locks the up and down button which is the way I like it, but if a user likes it can also lock the fire-button, once it is locked you can click 3x on the fire-button to luck/unlock the fire button. It is easy to navigate through the device, 3 x fire button to switch mode, hold up and down to lock/unlock the device, hold fire button and down to clear the puff counter.

This pod-mod would have been better if it would support draw-activation, pity that Geekvape did not think of that.

Really like this pod, it has a proper 4ml capacity, top-fill, a top adjustable airflow ring, replaceable 510 drip-tips, compatibility with the boost coils and it is transparent enough to see liquid level. Have not experienced any leaking issues and the pod snaps really well into place and does not wiggle. Also like the fact that the pod is properly visible and is not hidden inside the device.

Airflow ring turns smoothly and the amount of air you can get is about right for the coils provided, a nice restricted DTL hit. It also sounds smooth.

Wrote already many times about these Boost coils and I like the fact that Geekvape is making cross-compatible devices for these coils. For me they are proper coils delivering good flavor and have proper longevity. What I do miss however is a coil that covers the wattage rang from 33-45 watts. A device that fires up to 45w but does not have the coil for it would be the same as a device that fires up to 33w. Unless a coil or RDTA is in development the 45w range becomes useless, fingers crossed!

Can you use it as an MTL? Yes, you can, and it gets quite tight as well when the airflow is opened just a tiny bit. Like using it as MTL with the 0.6ohm coil at around 15-18w, as the flavor is fantastic, and the throat hit is proper. Would love to see a simple roud-wire coil somewhere between 1.0 and 1.2ohm to restrict the airflow even more and get a legit MTL hit (my style, very tight).

Battery wise the Boost has 300mAh more than the 1200mAh that is packed in the Hero. Unfortunately for charging it has micro USB, USB-C would have helped with the charging. A full charge takes about 50 minutes and one round of usage at 33w gives me around 85 puffs, which is not massive, but didn’t expect much more than that considering the 1200mAh battery.

Conclusion:

This device is actually very close to the Boost, but the airflow on the Hero is much better and smoother. Also, the form factor I like more on the Hero, it is small, and a perfect stealth vape device.

If you are looking for a small, proper and strongly built DRL pod-mod, then this is a good choice. Even for MTL vapers this is a nice little pod-mod for on the go.

@Geekvape_Official, we just need more coils! Some lower and higher resistance coils to increase the range of coils. Also draw-activation would have been nice to have, and USB-C would have been good to speed up charging a bit.

Thank you, let me know if you have any questions.

Sjoerd

Reactions: hittman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread