Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Welcome back for another review everyone, todays review comes to us from Geekvape and it's the newest device in the Aegis line called the Hero. The Hero is a very tiny and featherlight AIO that consist of a built in battery with adjustable wattage and uses a pod attached with magnets and also has a duel airflow control. This newest Aegis is a very simple device to operate because there are only 2 settings in it's menu. As always lets get to know some details of the newest device from Geekvape.

Feast your eyes on the EGGCEPTIONALY SMALL Aegis Hero.

20200921_155409.jpg

COLORS

aegis-hero-album-02.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE AEGIS HERO

Geekvape_Aegis_Hero_Pod_System_Kit.jpg

PARAMETERS

Dimension: 48.15 x 25.4 x 82.9mm
    Capacity:4ml
    Output Power:5-45W
    Display Screen: 0.42 Inch OLED
    Filling: Top Fill
    Battery: 1200mAh Built in
    Airflow: Adjustable Airflow
    Drip Tip Type: 510 Drip Tip
    Resistance Range: 0.1-3ohm
    Coil Resistance:0.4ohm, 0.6ohm
    Mode power/Bypass
    Charging Voltage: 5V/1.5A

geek_vape_aegis_hero_-_front_side_view.png

IP67 RATED

GeekVape_Aegis_Hero_Kit_Military_Grade_Mod.jpg

TOP AIRFLOW

aegis-hero-02.gif

STRONG MAGNETS

aegis-hero-09.gif

TOP JUICE FILL

aegis-hero-album-05.jpg

DUEL AIRFLOW

aegis-hero-album-03.jpg

BUCK-BOOST SYSTEM

aegis-hero-05.gif

EASY TO SEE JUICE POD

GeekVape_Aegis_Hero_Kit_Pod_Parameters.jpg

VERY ATTRACTIVE

Aegis_Hero_Appearance.jpg

MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE ALONG WITH SAFETY

GeekVape_Aegis_Hero_Kit_Max_performance_consistent_user_experience.jpg

VERY COMPACT

GeekVape_Aegis_Hero_Kit_Compact_mod_rich_clouds.jpg

FLAVORFUL BOOST COILS

GeekVape_Aegis_Hero_Kit_Boost_Coils.jpg

VERY CLASSY LOOKING DEVICE

GeekVape_Aegis_Hero_Kit_Top_performance.jpg

INITIAL IMPESSIONS OF THE AEGIS HERO

Well folks after opening the box and viewing the Hero my first response was WOW , the Hero isn't small it's tiny. I love the fact the Hero retains the same Aegis form, it looks like a miniature Aegis Legend. Contents in the sample box are shown below.

20200924_143202.jpg

The Hero being a pod based device is attached in the typical way using magnets that are very strong and hold in place with no wiggle from the pod itself. The Hero uses Boost coils and will come with the KA1 0.4Ω mesh coil and the 0.6Ω

20200924_145840.jpg

The Hero uses a top fill system for juice filling and has been mess free for me, the fill port rubber plug can be easily rotated to the side aiding in the filling process.

20201003_082256.jpg

The 4ml pod visibility is good even though it's tinted lightly, Geekvape is listening to us using less tinting while still delivering a nice bold look.

20200924_143857.jpg

The Hero houses a internal 1200mah battery and it's charge port is on one side of the device located at the bottom.

20200924_150258.jpg

The power button is located above the display screen, up and down buttons are below the display screen. The display screen is a disappointment being so small and having a lot of space left to work with Geekvape should have made it bigger.

20200927_115703.jpg

As I mentioned earlier the Hero uses wattage and bypass only so no real menu to speak of making it very simple to use. Accessing the menu is done by quickly pressing the power button 3 times displaying the adjustment screen to toggle between wattage/bypass using either the up or down button. The puff counter can be cleared by holding down the power and minus button simultaneously. I averaged between 139 and 157 vapes using wattage mode at 28 watts before the internal battery was completely discharged. You will not get a entire day on one charge but if your out and about for 5-6 hours you should be good to go depending on your selected wattage used.

20200925_133654.jpg

Geekvape supplied two 510 drip tips that were exactly the same in my sample box, both of them were to loose fitting to use with the hero so I used the larger Boost Plus drip tip instead of either of the ones supplied. I think the o-rings are to small on the supplied drip tips, but remember I have a sample version not the retail version which I'm sure will be corrected.

20201003_093250.jpg

The Aegis Hero is a RDL or DL device not a MTL, even with the airflow completely closed down I was able to vape it with plenty of airflow coming through even after putting on a dedicated narrow bore MTL drip tip. This added sentence is a edit to what I said above about the Hero not being a MTL because of airflow still coming through with the airflow completely closed, I inadvertently closed down the airflow selector and it seems that something either changed or somehow set up if you will because it does close down the airflow completely now. That's weird I don't know what happened but the Hero now vapes MTL just fine. Again remember this is a sample version not the retail version, maybe something very small found it's way into the airflow selector and prevented it from closing down completely but worked it's way out, either way works just fine now. ( MTL, RDL, DL )

The Hero vapes vey well and the Boost coils provide great flavor as well as plenty of vapor . The weight of the Hero is light enough to make it shirt pocketable.

Using the Hero for the 2 weeks I've had it has been great for me having 0 problems as far as leaking, filling or any malfunctions of any kind. My only dislike/con is the very small display screen making it difficult to read anything but the wattage being displayed and if I squint real hard I can make out the battery bar, that's my only complaint with the Hero everything else meaning performance has been very good. The buck- boost system works very well also up until battery level can no longer be seen on the display screen, and the miniature Legend look is very attractive to say the least.

20200921_152801.jpg

I would like to thank Elliott and Geekvape for providing the Aegis Hero for review and I also hope this review helped anyone planning on purchasing the Aegis Hero by Geekvape.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    That sucker is ADORABLE except for the word "pods."

VAPE MANUFACTURERS STOP MAKING POD MODS I ACTUALY WANT TO TRY, NOT UNLESS YOU THROW IN LIFETIME SUPPLY OF PODS WITH THE MOD. Yeah l would /pay more.

I really this is one I want to try. I am not going to but it looks FANTASTIC.

Thank you @bigbob2322 for your always tantalizing reviews. One day I'm gonna cave, I know it. I hope it's not THIS one but you neve know.

Informative and fun as always, thanks!

Anna

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    That sucker is ADORABLE except for the word "pods."

VAPE MANUFACTURERS STOP MAKING POD MODS I ACTUALY WANT TO TRY, NOT UNLESS YOU THROW IN LIFETIME SUPPLY OF PODS WITH THE MOD. Yeah l would /pay more.

I really this is one I want to try. I am not going to but it looks FANTASTIC.

Thank you @bigbob2322 for your always tantalizing reviews. One day I'm gonna cave, I know it. I hope it's not THIS one but you neve know.

Informative and fun as always, thanks!

Anna
    The Hero uses the Boost coils, just change out a coil not the entire pod Anna.

GeekVape Aegis Boost Replacement Coils (Pack of 5)

Aegis-Boost-Coils_large.jpg

Resistance

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2020
    Welcome back for another review everyone, todays review comes to us from Geekvape and it's the newest device in the Aegis line called the Hero. The Hero is a very tiny and featherlight AIO that consist of a built in battery with adjustable wattage and uses a pod attached with magnets and also has a duel airflow control. This newest Aegis is a very simple device to operate because there are only 2 settings in it's menu. As always lets get to know some details of the newest device from Geekvape.

Feast your eyes on the EGGCEPTIONALY SMALL Aegis Hero.

View attachment 910249

COLORS

aegis-hero-album-02.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE AEGIS HERO

Geekvape_Aegis_Hero_Pod_System_Kit.jpg

PARAMETERS

Dimension: 48.15 x 25.4 x 82.9mm
    Capacity:4ml
    Output Power:5-45W
    Display Screen: 0.42 Inch OLED
    Filling: Top Fill
    Battery: 1200mAh Built in
    Airflow: Adjustable Airflow
    Drip Tip Type: 510 Drip Tip
    Resistance Range: 0.1-3ohm
    Coil Resistance:0.4ohm, 0.6ohm
    Mode power/Bypass
    Charging Voltage: 5V/1.5A

geek_vape_aegis_hero_-_front_side_view.png

IP67 RATED

GeekVape_Aegis_Hero_Kit_Military_Grade_Mod.jpg

TOP AIRFLOW

aegis-hero-02.gif

STRONG MAGNETS

aegis-hero-09.gif

TOP JUICE FILL

aegis-hero-album-05.jpg

DUEL AIRFLOW

aegis-hero-album-03.jpg

BUCK-BOOST SYSTEM

aegis-hero-05.gif

EASY TO SEE JUICE POD

GeekVape_Aegis_Hero_Kit_Pod_Parameters.jpg

VERY ATTRACTIVE

Aegis_Hero_Appearance.jpg

MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE ALONG WITH SAFETY

GeekVape_Aegis_Hero_Kit_Max_performance_consistent_user_experience.jpg

VERY COMPACT

GeekVape_Aegis_Hero_Kit_Compact_mod_rich_clouds.jpg

FLAVORFUL BOOST COILS

GeekVape_Aegis_Hero_Kit_Boost_Coils.jpg

VERY CLASSY LOOKING DEVICE

GeekVape_Aegis_Hero_Kit_Top_performance.jpg

INITIAL IMPESSIONS OF THE AEGIS HERO

Well folks after opening the box and viewing the Hero my first response was WOW , the Hero isn't small it's tiny. I love the fact the Hero retains the same Aegis form, it looks like a miniature Aegis Legend. Contents in the sample box are shown below.

View attachment 910263

The Hero being a pod based device is attached in the typical way using magnets that are very strong and hold in place with no wiggle from the pod itself. The Hero uses Boost coils and will come with the KA1 0.4Ω mesh coil and the 0.6Ω

View attachment 910267

The Hero uses a top fill system for juice filling and has been mess free for me, the fill port rubber plug can be easily rotated to the side aiding in the filling process.

View attachment 910271

The 4ml pod visibility is good even though it's tinted lightly, Geekvape is listening to us using less tinting while still delivering a nice bold look.

View attachment 910275

The Hero houses a internal 1200mah battery and it's charge port is on one side of the device located at the bottom.

View attachment 910277

The power button is located above the display screen, up and down buttons are below the display screen. The display screen is a disappointment being so small and having a lot of space left to work with Geekvape should have made it bigger.

View attachment 910281

As I mentioned earlier the Hero uses wattage and bypass only so no real menu to speak of making it very simple to use. Accessing the menu is done by quickly pressing the power button 3 times displaying the adjustment screen to toggle between wattage/bypass using either the up or down button. The puff counter can be cleared by holding down the power and minus button simultaneously. I averaged between 139 and 157 vapes using wattage mode at 28 watts before the internal battery was completely discharged. You will not get a entire day on one charge but if your out and about for 5-6 hours you should be good to go depending on your selected wattage used.

View attachment 910285

Geekvape supplied two 510 drip tips that were exactly the same in my sample box, both of them were to loose fitting to use with the hero so I used the larger Boost Plus drip tip instead of either of the ones supplied. I think the o-rings are to small on the supplied drip tips, but remember I have a sample version not the retail version which I'm sure will be corrected.

View attachment 910289

The Aegis Hero is a RDL or DL device not a MTL, even with the airflow completely closed down I was able to vape it with plenty of airflow coming through even after putting on a dedicated narrow bore MTL drip tip.

The Hero vapes vey well and the Boost coils provide great flavor as well as plenty of vapor as well. The weight of the Hero is light enough to make it shirt pocketable.

Using the Hero for the 2 weeks I've had it has been great for me having 0 problems as far as leaking, filling or any malfunctions of any kind. My only dislike/con is the very small display screen making it difficult to read anything but the wattage being displayed and if I squint real hard I can make out the battery bar, that's my only complaint with the Hero everything else meaning performance has been very good. The buck- boost system works very well also up until battery level can no longer be seen on the display screen, and the miniature Legend look is very attractive to say the least.

View attachment 910299

I would like to thank Elliott and Geekvape for providing the Aegis Hero for review and I also hope this review helped anyone planning on purchasing the Aegis Hero by Geekvape.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Nice review bro.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    The Hero uses the Boost coils, just change out a coil not the entire pod Anna.

GeekVape Aegis Boost Replacement Coils (Pack of 5)

Aegis-Boost-Coils_large.jpg

@bigbob2322 Are these the same/correct coils for the Hero on the Geekvape site. The package looks different but it still says "BOOST". Geekvape is having a 20% off sale, and I was think of picking up a Hero and some extra coils. Is an extra POD needed or just nice to have to a backup?

5pcs/Pack Geek Vape Aegis Boost Replacement Coils Geek Vape Online Store

edit: oh poo ... I just saw in the fine print the Hero is excluded from the sale.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I'm all confused now now I want the boost plus with the tank maybe.

LOL fortunately we are catching up on all our bill so there is no rush.

GEEKVAPE you are the bomb and you picked a couple of great reviewers.

I could add that "Female" touch. Heh. Just saying. No copying I PROMISE.

Anna

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

Anna

Both devices are really great and you’d only have to buy one type of coil for both.

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand

Anna

Hey Anna ever better two females "touch" to the reviews ;);)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread