Geekvape aegis legend firmware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Did you hold the right button while plugging the usb cable? I had the same issue until i noticed i wasen't checking the right instructions (yes i felt very dumb at that moment :p)
Managed to update it though but no fix for slow tc ramp up time unfortunately =/.

Edit: Hold the + button and plug the usb cable in with the program open it should then work fine (at least mine did).

Last edited:

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
Did you hold the right button while plugging the usb cable? I had the same issue until i noticed i wasen't checking the right instructions (yes i felt very dumb at that moment :p)
Managed to update it though but no fix for slow tc ramp up time unfortunately =/.

Edit: Hold the + button and plug the usb cable in with the program open it should then work fine (at least mine did).
I'm pretty sure I'm doing it correctly so not sure why it's not working.

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
Has anyone had issues updating their legend? I downloaded the program file file and ran it while following instructions and used the USB cable provided in the kit.

I keep getting a "fail to find device" message. I know the USB port on my computer is working so I'm at a loss.
I heard several people had to try multiply times to get it to work but it eventually did work

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
After I finally got it unzipped (had to get something other than my winzip version) it took a while to get the driver after plugging it in. Before I got that alert I got "fail to find device". After that it went pretty fast. It was a pain to get it plugged in so I used the included cable.[/QU

At the risk of sounding nuts..

What driver? What alert are you talking about? How long did you wait? I've had mine plugged in for 30 mins

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
On Windows 7 when you plug it in it looks for a driver.
I figure that's why it says, "Remarks:
  1. It will take some time to connect the computer if it’s the first time to update."
The alert is the popup that happens to say device driver installed successfully.

I don't think I waited 30 minutes. I was in a rush. Maybe 5-10 minutes at most.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Update on my posts here:
I DID get the thing updated. A small enough usb cable turned out to not be that difficult to find and myissues withwhatever was preventing me from connecting to my computer disappears when I restarted my computer while having mymod connected. At that point the update was easy and everything is golden :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread