hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Well, here I go again with another review. I was fortunate enough to be contacted by Geekvape to do a review on the Aegis Legend kit with Aero Mesh tank. I did not own an Aegis or Aegis Legend prior to receiving this unit but had been considering buying one. I was rather excited to receive this unit. I do own four Zeus tanks and a Zeus dual tank which are my favorite tanks right now and am running three of the Zeus tanks on a daily basis. After using these tanks, I expected a high quality and well built mod and was not disappointed. Here is a link to their site if you’d like to take a closer look yourself.

https://www.geekvape.com/project/aegis-legend-kit/

upload_2018-6-24_10-35-10.jpg

Mod Specifications:

Size: 90.5 x 58 x 30.6mm
    MAX power output: 200W
    Output mode: VW/VPC/TC/TCR/BYPASS/VPC
    Resistance range: 0.05-3.0ohm
    Material: Aluminum + Zinc alloy + silicone
    Battery: 2x 18650 cells (not included)
    Temperature Range: 100-315℃/200-600℉
    Level: IP67 waterproof and dustproof; MIL STD 810G-516.6 military grade shockproof

Tank Specifications:

Size: 25 x 45mm (w/o thread)
    Capacity: 4ml
    Coil Type: Mesh Coil 0.2ohm (30-90W); IM4 0.15ohm (60-80W)
    Thread: 510 thread

What’s in the box:

1 x Aegis Legend MOD

1 x Aero Mesh Version Tank(4ml, Mesh Coil 0.2ohm pre-installed)

1 x Extra Glass Tube(5ml)

1 x IM4 0.15ohm coil head

1 x User Manual

Spare Parts

upload_2018-6-24_10-35-10.jpg

Aegis Legend mod impressions:

This has to be the most well built mod that I’ve tried. It is made from six different materials which include stainless steel, zinc die cast, die cast aluminum, 40hrc carbon steel, silicone, and leather. It is IP67 tested and is resistant to water, dust, and shock. It is a dual battery unit and is a little wider than some of the other dual mods that I own but it is very comfortable in my hand. At first I thought that the fire button might be a little awkward by looking at it but once I tried it I found that it was very comfortable and easy to use. Also it makes a nice click sound when activated. It has a charging port which is covered by a rubber cover to keep out the elements. The back of the unit is covered in a padded leather with a red stitching which makes it comfortable to hold and the stitching adds a nice asthetic.

The mod is powered by a new “AS” chipset that allows up to 200W of output. The screen has three color options. I just left it in the default since it really doesn’t make a difference to me but you can switch it by pressing and holding the + and – buttons when in mode selection. I found the menu system to be very easy to navigate. Simply press the fire button three time to enter mode selection. From there the left and right buttons scroll through the modes which include all of the regular temperature and wattage modes and also a VPC mode which will allow you to set a wattage curve. This type of mode is becoming more common and is available on several different mods. I really do like the ability to set a power curve which can allow me to get the vape exactly how I like it.

I have had this unit for about two weeks now and have really enjoyed it. The only issues I’ve had with the mod have been minute. I have used the onboard charging which worked well but found that it is difficult to open the cover on the port and plug the cord in without removing the tank. Also, when switching batteries, the battery door has a really nice spring loaded mechanism on it but I did experience trouble closing the battery door. It wasn’t annoying or anything but I never got it closed on the first attempt. Other than those two minor things, I very much enjoyed using this mod and would definitely recommend it.

upload_2018-6-24_10-35-11.jpg

Aero Mesh Sub Ohm Tank Impressions:

Of course I started by taking the tank apart for cleaning. I noticed that the mesh coil that was installed was very tight and had to strain a little to unscrew it so I could clean the tank. The tank came with the bubble glass installed which allows a 5ml capacity compared to the straight glass that is included in the kit which allows 4ml capacity. After cleaning, I reassembled the tank which was quite easy with the mesh coil. I found the mesh coil to deliver good flavor at around 42-45 watts for my vaping style with the airflow completely open. The mesh coil is kanthal so I had to run it in power mode or I could have run it in VPC( power curve) mode. I used the mesh coil for a week with a cranberry liquid that I like and have used before. The flavor and vapor production was good but didn’t really stand out to me. There has been a lot of hype about the mesh coils that many manufacturers are coming out with now. I don’t know that I buy into it yet. The ones that I have tried so far have just been ok. After a week, I switched over to the Ni80 quad coil that it came with. The kanthal mesh coil was labeled at .2 ohms and read .17 on the mod. The quad coil was labeled .15 and and read .16 ohms on the mod. Since the second coil was labeled Ni80, I decided to try it in TC and switched into temperature control mode and adjusted the settings. I set the tcr at 112. I know this unit does not have an Nicr mode but wanted to see if it would work. I thought it performed well.I don’t like a really hot vape so I ended up at 450 degrees and 75 watts. It ran very good. I felt like the quad coil delivered a better and more flavorful vape for me. I probably should have mentioned this in the mod impressions but the temperature control on this unit worked very consistently. I also used a different tank with a 316 coil to test the Tc-ss mode and it performed well. Every time I pressed the button, I felt like I got a very similar flavor and vapor output. There was no loss of flavor and no problems with wicking when chain vaping with either coil. The top cap on this tank is very similar to the Zeus as it is a quick turn and lift to refill. The top cap and airflow control are very tight on this tank. I would recommend lubricating the top cap with some liquid or vg. I have been an RTA user for a long time and can’t tell you the last time I bought premade coils. However, depending on how long this quad coil lasts, I will very seriously consider buying a pack of coils.

PROS:

• IP67 water, dust, and shock resistant

• Onboard 1A charging

• Consistent operation in temperature control

• VPC power curve mode

• Well built with quality materials

• Menu is easy to navigate

• Tank is easy to refill
    Cons:

• Top cap was very tight at first and I couldn’t unscrew the cap without the tank unscrewing. This was only at first and was fine once top cap was lubricated

• Coil was very tight and hard to unscrew from base

• Battery door was hard to close

Final thoughts:

I really can’t say enough good things about this mod. It is so well built and easy to operate. The closing of the battery door was a minor inconvenience and once it was closed it stayed closed and never opened on its own. I had another mod with a similar door that would sometimes pop open and drop the batteries out. This one does not. The tank is really a good tank. The flavor and vapor production are very acceptable and like I mentioned before, the quad Ni80 coil delivered a very nice vape experience for me. The mesh coil was ok but not great for my vaping style. I think it might be better for someone that likes a warmer/ hotter vapor at a higher setting which this mod can definitely deliver. All in all, I think that this kit would be a great unit for just about anyone except a mouth to lung vaper. However, the mod is sold by itself also so it could be paired with any tank. In my opinion, for the build quality of this unit and the performance, it is a steal at the prices I have seen it going for at reputable vendors.

Thank you once again for taking time to read my review and feel free to ask any questions. I will do my best to answer to the best of my ability.

As requested, here are a couple quick pics of the battery door.

0f7122b0cf13bf2a043b15439cc88f05.jpg

4f20e500d0412dc2b7465c0d35c97851.jpg

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thanks. I can add a pic. It opened super easy but I had a little bit of a hard time closing. I just added a couple quick pics and noticed this time when closing it that I just had to apply a little extra pressure to close it. Maybe I just wasn’t pushing hard enough before.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Thanks. I can add a pic. It opened super easy but I had a little bit of a hard time closing. I just added a couple quick pics and noticed this time when closing it that I just had to apply a little extra pressure to close it. Maybe I just wasn’t pushing hard enough before.
    It's the hinge that I usually want to see. My C frame devices have me spoiled rotten, love the convenience.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review. Looking forward to trying mine out when it gets here.

One question...isn't Ni80 only for wattage mode, not TC? Ni200 is for TC, right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Good point. As far as I know, ni80 is usually run in power mode. I personally don’t use ni80 wire so I wanted to try it in TC to see how it performed. I thought it was a great vape at 75 watts and 450 degrees. I forgot to talk about this in the review. I’m still new at doing reviews and appreciate everyone that has comments or suggestions. I also didn’t talk about the stainless steel mode that ran great also since it didn’t come with a ss coil. I did run one of my Zeus tanks with a 316 Clapton coil. It ran consistently with the same 75w setting at 360 degrees. Perhaps it’s a fluke that the ni80 coil worked in TC for me but it does and I like it. I assumed that I was getting a cooler vape because I had the watts turned down.

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Good review. Looking forward to trying mine out when it gets here.

One question...isn't Ni80 only for wattage mode, not TC? Ni200 is for TC, right?

Was wondering something similar.
    Good point. As far as I know, ni80 is usually run in power mode. I personally don’t use ni80 wire so I wanted to try it in TC to see how it performed. I thought it was a great vape at 75 watts and 450 degrees. I forgot to talk about this in the review. I’m still new at doing reviews and appreciate everyone that has comments or suggestions. I also didn’t talk about the stainless steel mode that ran great also since it didn’t come with a ss coil. I did run one of my Zeus tanks with a 316 Clapton coil. It ran consistently with the same 75w setting at 360 degrees. Perhaps it’s a fluke that the ni80 coil worked in TC for me but it does and I like it. I assumed that I was getting a cooler vape because I had the watts turned down.

OP: Did you use 0.000112 or something else for the Ni80?

Cheers

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    This is from a vet on another forum-
    "It is not strictly correct that Ni80 can only be used in power mode. My Kanger KBOX 200 has a seperate setting for NiCr in TC mode. Ni80 CAN be used in temp mode IF your mod has a specific setting for it. Some do, some don't. Ni setting is not ok. NiCr setting is ok."

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I think I read that before also. I do not want to misrepresent this mod. It does not have a nicr mode. I’m starting to regret mentioning that it worked. Do you folks think I should go back and edit the review?

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2015
    Arkansas
    I’m not sure I know what you mean by a C frame.
    Maybe referring to something like a Therion where the battery door wraps around the device, sort of making a C shape? Not sure, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread