Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I would like to thank Geekvape for sending the Aegis Legend Kit to review. The Geekvape Aegis Legend is a dual 18650 powered shock, dust and water resistant 200-watt mod with MIL STD 810G-516.6 military grade shockproof, IP67 water and dust resistant ratings. A durable mod that can be carried around without having to worry too much about damaging it.

Size: 90.5 x 58 x 30.6 mm. The Legend is larger than most other 2 battery mods I own but still has a great hand fit and feel to it. It is a little bit lighter in weight than most 2 battery mods.
boxcontents.jpg

I upgraded the firmware prior to using the mod with the July 17, 2018 firmware available on the Geekvape site available HERE. The Firmware update program is Windows only but the page indicates that Geekvape is working on an Apple OS version. Upgrading the firmware is easy and accomplished by removing the atomizer and batteries from the mod, plugging the micro USB cable into the Mod port, holding down the UP button on the mod while plugging the other end of the USB cable into the computer USB port. Loading the firmware update program and clicking start completed the upgrade.

The Legend Menu system is designed to be an easy straight forward operation using 3 Buttons. (FIRE button, UP button and DOWN button). Powering on or off the Legend is accomplished by clicking the FIRE button 5 times. 3 clicks of the FIRE button while the device is turned on allows rotating thru the available modes using the UP or DOWN buttons, pressing the FIRE button rotates thru the changeable options available for the mode. Holding the Fire switch for a couple of seconds selects the mode and settings selected. Holding the UP and DOWN buttons simultaneously will lock the mode and settings without locking out the FIRE Button. Another plus is that the puff counter can be easily reset from the menu.

The Kit includes an Aero Tank and two coils; a 0.2-ohm Mesh coil and a 0.15-ohm IM4 coil. Several colors are available with a matching color band on the Aero Tank. The Aero Tank is top fill with a quick one twist removal.
AEROTANK.jpg
I tested the Power mode with the kit on the included Aero Tank and the 0.2 ohm X1 mesh coil. I really did not expect to like this tank as my usual vape style is 17 to 18 Watts, However, I found the Aero tank and mesh coil combination very satisfying. I tried the mesh coil in various power settings between 35 and 75 Watts before settling on 45 Watts. Flavor was exceptional at that power level but still cool enough to fit my tastes. The output is very smooth in power mode and vape is produced with no noticeable delay. Coil longevity seems good as I ran 60 ML of juice thru it in 5 days and the coil was still producing good flavor. I did not run into any leaking with the tank. The mesh coil impressed me enough to order a 5 pack online for about $3 each which is reasonable but, I would really like to see Geekvape design an RBA for this tank.

Temperature control modes are available for TC-SS: Stainless Steel, TC-TI: Titanium, TC-NI: NI200 and TC-TCR: Temperature Coefficient of Resistance. Wattage can be adjusted for any of the TC modes in 1 Watt increments from a range of 5 watts to 200 watts. Ohm of the coil can be locked in any of the modes. SS mode defaults to a TCR value of 112, TI mode defaults to TCR value of 420, NI mode defaults to a TCR value of 690. These 3 preset modes do not allow adjusting the default TCR Value. There is also a TCR only mode that is adjustable from 010 to 5000. Click the Fire Button 3 time and scroll down to the Ohm reading and press the DOWN button to lock or unlock or use UP button to reread the coil.

I tested the Legend in TCR-SS mode with a SS316L 0.5-ohm coil in an RBA using a coil that I previously used on another mod in TC which was known to work well in TC. I selected TC-SS on the Legend and set temperature to 400F and set power to 18 Watts; my usual settings on a DNA mod for the coil. The Vape produced was pretty good and not overly different from what I am used to. The TC worked as expected when the tank ran out of juice by cutting the power without burning the coil. Overall the TC was pretty smooth and usable in this mode.

The Legend has a Bypass mode which I did not test. I did briefly try the 5 point VPC mode but didn’t end up using it because the output on Power with coils that I used was great without it. The Power output on this mod is very smooth.

Battery life with 2 LG-HG2 batteries was decent. At 45 Watts on the Mesh coil in the Aero Tank the puff count on the mod showed around 460 puffs before the batteries needed recharging. With the SS coil in TC mode set to 18 watts, the puff counter showed around 710 puffs before a recharge was needed.

Overall a likeable mid-price range Kit available for around $70. A very well built kit that certainly seems durable.

Kit Box Contents:
Geekvape Aegis Legend Mod, 25 MM Aero Mesh Tank (5 ML), 0.2 ohm Mesh X1 coil, 0.15 ohm IM4 coil, Spare Glass Tube (4 ML), Spare parts bag, Micro USB Cable and User Manual.
aegiscolors.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread