Status
Not open for further replies.

philbh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 24, 2014
    Westlake, Ohio
    Geekvape aegis legend review!

Let me start off by saying that I am a huge Geekvape fan, but I will do my best to be impartial.. Nonetheless, I was overcome with joy when Geekvape sent me a box of goodies for review…

The LEGEND!

Not lying when I say this could be a legendary device. If you liked the original Aegis, no doubt you will love this one. It may not be quite as indestructible as the og, but how often do you run over a mod with your car. The Legend is still solid, still waterproof, still won’t break when you drop it. But now you get twice the power output, and much better battery life. The USB port is much easier to access for updates or charging if you choose to, just lift up the rubber plug on the top plate, and pop it back in when you’re done.

FlmJFMYqFl3ug5j2xbmPKSNWeOQbkhW-4DWGKW_EqyP33CuWA7Kcj_XLJQLtQ3IUEozxOqqbJfkfxTplvUtgr65iTEfJeiBp_HChNBZ34yowk7jKdRgT965UHykIxbT9H8yu4Kuf

The design is very similar in appearance to the original Aegis, with the plastic front panel, the main body coated in thick rubber, the metal frame surrounding the leather grip on the back side. This one has some padding under the leather, making it extra comfy in your hand. The fire button is raised and curved to fit your finger very well. Ergonomically I would rate this 9 out of 10, it’s just awesome to hold.

I8S3tJYvdUDjkjQUnS_JqlnK1iUhxkAfqhIgmJfisMR6qeZ_Snq-1QIsyTYVOVY9QkH11kFueEMGklf-iDw42-HhVXXT2qt3a64V30qvqsbW02q3Tq6-0AcOfn4Oq18fwbRC5anH

1JOV-c9x7uXK_5UtFymBUZWP0lx5rnsIbZHe6AauKtoLurCgNxE3DG-PhssYnoeTDc27u4onQ8HvhpReyfdrIUwxkEHv5AeFKuEh9vXEP2rxrDy73gMVZWNny36H_1wbY9S9wbDS

The display is nearly identical to the original, except that this one is COLOR! Still gives the same info, the same layout, but it looks much nicer in my opinion. The menu(?) system is as basic as it gets, but I like it that way. 3 clicks to enter the settings, where you can change modes from power to bypass mode, temperature control including SS, NI, TI, plus TCR and an adjustable power curve mode. You can also lock your resistance,and reset the puff counter. If you press + and - together you can change the color of the display but only 3 options there....

I am hoping that a firmware update might allow for other options? Wishful thinking I suppose.

The Aero Tank

I have to preface this by telling you I am not a fan of stock coil tanks. Typically, I will use whatever comes packaged with a kit just until the coil starts tasting funky. I just get much better flavor from an RTA like the Zeus. That being said, the Aero Tank with the mesh coil is a few steps above anything out there with a standard wire coil. The flavor is really pretty good, and lots of vapor production. If you are not onto building RTA’s or drippers, the Aero is a very good choice. The top fill works very well, just a quarter turn to pop the top off. The top sealing gasket does a good job containing the juice when you close it. Airflow is a tiny bit noisy, but I think that is common with these mesh type coils.

8GbHCbWpzHWhREieQtnkKOYT9VEEVAhnx5k7aieMu9-nPMwn3oUO0HYrrYTOhGXHn63mcIOysNffiuQTVT81tDMBjKKGk1cKWCiagXSzJBgcY43BV61u7AD8_EbUlT_Wf1zsjFKa

My experience

In wattage (power) mode, I feel like the Legend gives you pretty much whatever you ask for. I tried it with some chunky coils up to 150 watts, and it definitely packs a punch. My normal vape is around 60 watts, and the battery life is good. I can vape all day before having to swap the batteries out. That was my only complaint with the original Aegis. One issue I’ve had (and it only happened once), the batteries appeared to have discharged unevenly. I thought it may have been the fault of the batteries themselves, but I have heard others mention this issue. The battery door does take a little effort to snap securely, as it is pretty tight when closing. The waterproof seal has to be compressed in order to slide the latch into place. Not sure how it could be improved, but it is worth mentioning.

I am one of those people who only uses power mode, so I can’t comment on the temperature control functions of this device. However, Geekvape did release new firmware on June 15th, which is supposed to improve the TC accuracy, as well as increased efficiency and better battery life.

Firmware Download

Conclusion

I can honestly say that I love this mod! The look, the feel, the performance, the fact that I can rinse off in the sink or drop it without worrying - unless it hits my toe. It is fairly chunky and heavy, since it carries 2 batteries. The battery door does take a little effort to snap securely, as it is pretty tight when closing. The waterproof seal has to be compressed in order to slide the latch into place. Not sure how it could be improved, but it is worth mentioning. The one thing I can’t do with this mod is put it in my pants pocket though, the rubber coating makes it impossible to slide into anything other than maybe a cargo pants pocket.

All in all, Geekvape has another huge winner with the Aegis Legend!

Find it HERE: Aegis Legend Kit

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread