Geekvape Aegis Legend

The Aegis legend is a stylish dual 18650 box mod designed to be waterproof and shockproof.
Mod Style
  1. Box Mod
Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
There seems to be a very wide variety of results as far as legends go. The earlier models all got rave reviews and the “this is garbage” reviews are recently bought models. It’s possible that after they made a good device they dropped product quality to increase profits or someone is doing counterfeits.

was good but may not be anymore perhaps. Or is good but only if you get a real one might be another. This seems to be something that is going around with a lot of mods. The base problem I think is they’re black boxes and one has to trust manufacturers as to what they put in them.

Well some have taken them apart and they seem to be put together pretty well. Here is one for the Aegis X, but VapeyMcGyver compares it with the Legend.

• Informative
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Well some have taken them apart and they seem to be put together pretty well. Here is one for the Aegis X, but VapeyMcGyver compares it with the Legend.

and if the one he took apart is the one everyone is getting it is valuable. Is there more than one maker? Are there counterfeits?

Tommy R

Feb 9, 2021
Hi! My Fiance's aegis legend mod is showing the error "Battery Low Protection" Nothing has been done to the vape, It worked just fine 20 minutes ago, I was able to take a hit with my tank, but then the message appeared, I've tried factory resetting it, tried updating the software. But the computer will not even recognize it was plugged into the usb slot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. P.S. Just trying to fix this mod so i can get my mod back from her. :thumbs:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    showing the error "Battery Low Protection"... tried updating the software. But the computer will not even recognize it was plugged into the usb slot

Also, when you connect to your PC, try holding down the power button for a while to see if the PC finally recognizes it.

If not, try different USB cables.

If that doesn't work, it could be that the USB port is damaged causing both the inability to use the USB port as well as causing the error. If the USB port is used a lot for charging, I'm going to go with damaged USB port. That means you're screwed. Takeaway? For future mods, get a charger. Or if you must use the USB port for charging, be very, very gentle and delicate when insert/removing cable.

Reactions: BillW50

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Hi! My Fiance's aegis legend mod is showing the error "Battery Low Protection" Nothing has been done to the vape, It worked just fine 20 minutes ago, I was able to take a hit with my tank, but then the message appeared, I've tried factory resetting it, tried updating the software. But the computer will not even recognize it was plugged into the usb slot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. P.S. Just trying to fix this mod so i can get my mod back from her. :thumbs:

Are you batteries charged, what batteries are you using and what wattage is the mod set to?

Meinrache

Mar 15, 2021
    Hello everyone! So I purchased my Geek Vape Aegis mod kit that came with a Zeus tank, maybe around 2 months or so ago! I've been crazy happy with my purchase and am so glad that the guy at my local vape shop recommended this mod to me! Recently I've started to notice an issue with my mod and have been having a hard time trying to find a diagnosis for the problem!

Around 5 days ago I started noticing that my mod seemed to be having a hard time charging. I had been charging my mod for about 2 hours and when I unplugged my mod I noticed that the battery symbol on the LED display was only showing like 1/2 to 3/4 of a charge . The mod still performs normally when charged but it has started to take forever to charge recently! Yesterday I had left it charging for an hour and when I went to unplug it I noticed this time that the battery indicator had barely moved ‍♂️. I could really use some people's help with finding a diagnosis for this problem, as I'm at a loss of what to do! I think the main questions I'm hoping to ask are....

1. Is this an issue with the actual mod itself?
    2. Could the issue be with the micro USB charging port in the vape?
    3. Could it actually be a problem with the battery I currently have installed in my vape?
    4. Has anybody else experienced a similar problem before?
    5. If the problem is with the mod itself, is it worth reaching out to Geek Vapes about this issue and find our whether they would be able to repair the mod or possibly let me exchange it?

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read my post! I really love this mod and thought it couldn't hurt to reach out to the community for some advice and help before I start freaking out prematurely ! Any advice or solutions on how I should move forward would extremely appreciated . Cheers everyone!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Hello everyone! So I purchased my Geek Vape Aegis mod kit that came with a Zeus tank, maybe around 2 months or so ago! I've been crazy happy with my purchase and am so glad that the guy at my local vape shop recommended this mod to me! Recently I've started to notice an issue with my mod and have been having a hard time trying to find a diagnosis for the problem!

Around 5 days ago I started noticing that my mod seemed to be having a hard time charging. I had been charging my mod for about 2 hours and when I unplugged my mod I noticed that the battery symbol on the LED display was only showing like 1/2 to 3/4 of a charge . The mod still performs normally when charged but it has started to take forever to charge recently! Yesterday I had left it charging for an hour and when I went to unplug it I noticed this time that the battery indicator had barely moved ‍♂️. I could really use some people's help with finding a diagnosis for this problem, as I'm at a loss of what to do! I think the main questions I'm hoping to ask are....

1. Is this an issue with the actual mod itself?
    2. Could the issue be with the micro USB charging port in the vape?
    3. Could it actually be a problem with the battery I currently have installed in my vape?
    4. Has anybody else experienced a similar problem before?
    5. If the problem is with the mod itself, is it worth reaching out to Geek Vapes about this issue and find our whether they would be able to repair the mod or possibly let me exchange it?

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read my post! I really love this mod and thought it couldn't hurt to reach out to the community for some advice and help before I start freaking out prematurely ! Any advice or solutions on how I should move forward would extremely appreciated . Cheers everyone!

Charge the batteries in a charger instead of the mod and see what happens.

Regardless, if the mod has a problem charging the batteries, the mod has a defect. But you should consider charging in a charger because constant use of these USB port can eventually damage the USB port which can render the mod inoperable in some cases.

Meinrache

Mar 15, 2021
    Charge the batteries in a charger instead of the mod and see what happens.

Regardless, if the mod has a problem charging the batteries, the mod has a defect. But you should consider charging in a charger because constant use of these USB port can eventually damage the USB port which can render the mod inoperable in some cases.

Thanks for the advice and suggestions, I'll definitely give those a try ! I'm really hoping that the problem is not rooted in the device itself. I don't know much about vapes but in my head it would make sense that the issue is more likely to be centered in the removable batter and not the device internals . I'm hoping it's just something like the battery is just being dumb !

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    My Husband has this and he is having issues with his coils burning out in less than a day. we have both used it but we dont use it heavy. Anybody else having this issue. what is the best coils to get for it
    Also, are you priming your coils before using them (a few drops of e-liquid on the cotton, install, fill tank, wait a few minutes, take a few strong puffs w/o pressing the fire button, then vape)?

Welcome aboard!

Last edited:

ROBOSMOKE

Feb 1, 2022
    So I have an aegis legend 2019 running firmware V1.3B and I was having the issue where the backlight would not turn off. I tried multiple fixes including firmware update which would not recognize usb device (yes I followed instructions and held down the + button when connecting to windows pc.) PC saw the device but upgrade tool would not see it. Finally, I gave the mod a firm palm smack on the base where the battery door is located... instant fix. Go figure. Some people think hitting things wont fix them but I have had luck with this method several times. Hope this helps someone having the same issue. Do so at your own risk.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread