Geekvape Aegis Legend

The Aegis legend is a stylish dual 18650 box mod designed to be waterproof and shockproof.
Mod Style
  1. Box Mod
Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
got it, went in to device manager, disabled 1 usb device, deleted 1 usb device, then started over with pushing the + sign etc and it recognized the device. That was too much work this late at night with a 5:25 AM flight ahead of me.

Thanks for hanging in there with me

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Thanks, so I have version 1.1.

That's interesting. So it's been updated from V1.0?
At least it shouldn't have the back light issue.

I thought it was usable battery life in V1.1 after I tried it with a .5Ω build. Not impressive but usable. It's impressive to me now. I never tried 1.0 to know anything about it other than turning my second one on and seeing the backlight issue.

got it, went in to device manager, disabled 1 usb device, deleted 1 usb device, then started over with pushing the + sign etc and it recognized the device. That was too much work this late at night with a 5:25 AM flight ahead of me.

:banana: It was worth it.

• Agree
Reactions: KC0YNU

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Here is a link to where I posted my solution on Geekvape's website and a copy of my post

Aegis usb not recognized by windows

From Geekvape's Forum area
"I was trying to update my Legend to version 1.2, kept getting the error message “failed to find device”. I tried all the solutions offered above, none work.
I went to Control Panel – Device Manager – Scroll down to Human Interface Devices – had 3 USB Input Devices listed – unplugged the cable for the Legend now only 2 show up – right clicked on the first one and disabled it – couldn’t disable the second one so I right clicked, and clicked on uninstall device.
Went back to Geekvape’s instructions and it connected and updated hope this helps someone."

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States

Well done!

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA

Great job! I think you'll love the mod.

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
Here is a link to where I posted my solution on Geekvape's website and a copy of my post

"I was trying to update my Legend to version 1.2, kept getting the error message “failed to find device”. I tried all the solutions offered above, none work.
I went to Control Panel – Device Manager – Scroll down to Human Interface Devices – had 3 USB Input Devices listed – unplugged the cable for the Legend now only 2 show up – right clicked on the first one and disabled it – couldn’t disable the second one so I right clicked, and clicked on uninstall device.
Went back to Geekvape’s instructions and it connected and updated hope this helps someone."
This can also help with other devices too not just the legend thanks!

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
The update says TC performance has been improved, but it's still hitting "weak" for me. It no longer "holds" at 40w, but it still starts low, and climbs very slowly. 25 watts...35...40...45...50...55...60...65...by this time I've finished with my hit, and it never did get up to the 80w it was set for (nor to within 100 deg of the 450F temp setting). Medusa RDTA, 26ga SS/34ga KA1 clapton, dual, 3mm 6-wrap spaced, 0.28Ω, rayon. V1.2 2018 0710.

Also, I jut got a dry hit (burnt wick flavor) while testing this. In TC-SS, set at 450F. That shouldn't happen, right? Yes, the reservoir was empty, but what else is TC good for if not even that?

Thanks for your feedback.
Are there still some problems with TC mode? Could you please send us a video to show how it work? We need to show it to our technicians, so they could improve it.
Thank you so much!

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com

Thanks for your sharing. So now you update it successfully, right?
Sorry that makes you try so hard.
If you need any help, please feel free to let us know!

Reactions: stols001

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Thanks for your sharing. So now you update it successfully, right?
Sorry that makes you try so hard.
If you need any help, please feel free to let us know!

Yes I have it updated, thanks for checking. Still breaking the coil in 5 watts at a time but so far very satisfied.

ScribedGlass

Jul 26, 2018
Saw this thread I just got my Legend going yesterday after picking up some fresh coils and cotton, had a bit of trouble with the update. Fully charged set of batteries died in a couple hour period, had a ton of issues on getting it to update. Started getting a bit agitated as most responses seemed to be "Keep trying",but then I found a comment on a youtube video that solved the issue simply for me.

The ISP file in the zip folder, remove your atty & batteries, connect the USB and update via the ISP file.

Hopefully it helps someone else too.

Edit: Clinardtk05 is whose reply to another comment helped me.

Attachments

• 20180725_124313.jpg
    20180725_124313.jpg
    744.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

ScribedGlass

Jul 26, 2018
That's not surprising, I shoulda known that the file wasn't the right type by the extension. Was up a little too long it seems.

Edit: One of the Mac users on reddit said something about using VMware, if I remember right.

Edit 2: Eyes are slamming shut, managed to find this real quick https://www () codeweavers (com) /products/crossover-mac/
Saw something briefly about if it has an Intel chip Bootcamp being on it, if not this option might work, has a free trial at least for the software. I'm not sure if it'll work with the intel chip or not didn't read that far.

Last edited:

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
Yes I have it updated, thanks for checking. Still breaking the coil in 5 watts at a time but so far very satisfied.

Have you dipped the coil with Ejuice for a while before using? How about tried other coils?
If it is possible, could you please show us the problem in a video, so we could check in details? Hoping we could help to solve the problem!

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Have you dipped the coil with Ejuice for a while before using? How about tried other coils?
If it is possible, could you please show us the problem in a video, so we could check in details? Hoping we could help to solve the problem!
No problem. I start a new coil low and work up to the sweet spot in 5 watt increments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread