Geekvape Aegis Legend

The Aegis legend is a stylish dual 18650 box mod designed to be waterproof and shockproof.
Mod Style
  1. Box Mod
Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
ROFL - that's what it's supposed to do. Not.a.problem.
3.2v means recharge your batteries.

Oh, sorry. My fault. Thought you said that it shows "Low battery protection" on the screen and your mod can't fire anymore. :p:p Forgive me!
It's glad to hear that your mod is working fine.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
so will it hurt using non married batteries? or will I just get less time. like i said i have a married pair of Sony vtc6's but since I already had the hohm batteries I figured I would use them.
On the record I'd say don't do it. Off the record I'd say only at 50W (as you are) until you can afford a married pair and pay attention while you do. Don't let them get lower than halfway and quit using them if they start getting a bigger difference in depletion rate. Go get a new pair and keep them married. Save the unmarried batteries for your single battery mods.
also how long do your coils last. I know it depends on the juice used, but on average at the watts you use.
I already listed how many mls I typically get with my .2Ω supermesh coils :toast:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I get 250+ puffs with my 2500mah pairs and 320+ with my 3000mah pairs.
I don't know if you had ever noticed this, but it doesn't seem to matter how you vape, even some DL and MTL, batteries always last the same amount of ml of juice.

zian

Dec 9, 2018
On the record I'd say don't do it. Off the record I'd say only at 50W (as you are) until you can afford a married pair and pay attention while you do. Don't let them get lower than halfway and quit using them if they start getting a bigger difference in depletion rate. Go get a new pair and keep them married. Save the unmarried batteries for your single battery mods.
I already listed how many mls I typically get with my .2Ω supermesh coils :toast:
thank you

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
also how long do your coils last. I know it depends on the juice used, but on average at the watts you use.
Maybe I didn't say how many mls...

At 60W I get a minimum of 120ml and sometimes higher than 200ml per coil.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@zian – As your batteries drain, they output less voltage. In order to meet your power demand in watts, to compensate for the voltage more current is requested from your batteries. Having non married batteries that are at different levels of voltage means your device is drawing more current from one battery over the other – in simple terms, one battery will be working a lot harder than the other.

It is important you purchase the same battery in pairs (for a dual cell device) at the same time and charge and discharge them together. This is referred to as “married” cells. The same concept applies to triple or quad battery devices.

You can divorce a married pair of batteries, for use in single cell mods, but you should not remarry them.

HOHM Life do not make their own cells. They take cells from other manufactures and apply their own wrap to them, and in most cases exaggerte the ratings. This is referred to as a rewrap cell. Rewraps are not necessarily dangerous if you know what the limitations of the cell are. The problem is, without sophisticated test equipment and needed skillsets, we do not know what the limitations of the cells are. Fortunately for us Vapers we have @Mooch who performs tests on these cells. Refer to the links below.

List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

18650 Battery Ratings Table | E-Cigarette Forum

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
It even shows the same when I switch the batteries from one side to the other

Sorry, didn’t see your above post.

This tells me there is a glitch with the battery graphic. Perform a reset on the device. Turn the device off, press and hold the +/- buttons until the firmware is displayed – keep holding the buttons then press and hold the fire button until reset is confirmed. This will just reset the device, it will not revert to an old firmware should you have updated it.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
ok please help bought two new batteries charged them together till full and put them in and I still have one bar draining fast.

It even shows the same when I switch the batteries from one side to the other
I sure would want to put an external meter on those batteries. That way it would be easier to see if the problem is the batteries, charger, or Legend.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I sure would want to put an external meter on those batteries. That way it would be easier to see if the problem is the batteries, charger, or Legend.

The problem is not everyone owns a multimeter.

@zian – mark the batteries with a Sharpie or small piece of tape so you can identify them should one of the cells be the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread