Geekvape Aegis Legend

The Aegis legend is a stylish dual 18650 box mod designed to be waterproof and shockproof.
Mod Style
  1. Box Mod
Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
thanks again everyone sorry for being a annoying noob lol

Not annoying at all. It’s what the forums are for, to assist those in need. Great to hear you rectified the issue – knew it was a graphical glitch. Enjoy and good luck with quitting smoking.

phill_nz

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2018
I'm using a nitecore i4 charger also brand new.

i had the same problem with a smok x-priv and nitecore i4 charger
used the batteries in a smok g-priv 2 lux and the same problem still showed up
used different matched pairs .. same problems
not everytime ( intermittent problems are always the worst to track down ) but often enough to p me off and get me worried about battery safety
so i started writing down the voltages of each cell after use and after charging and what partition they were used in and charged in
i finally found the problem
the problem was the nitecore i4 ( apparently you cant always believe what you read on the net )
so i used a different charger
they were fine and balanced using a vontar vt2 plus
so i junked the i4 and brought a new nitecore d4
all batteries ( i use 4 matched pairs ) are always within 0.01 volts of each other now
the i4 ( when it worked properly ) charged the batteries to 4.19 volts
the d4 leaves them at 4.13 volts
so probably a better voltage for longer life anyway

Last edited:

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I mentioned recently that I was doing a long term test on a Legend. I thought I'd share some pictures now that I have well over one hundred thousand puffs on it. I have not been nice to this mod on purpose to see how it would hold up. I've started a write up on the long term results and will post at 150K, maybe.

I thought this would be useful for anyone thinking about buying a Legend or Legend Limited Edition (I do not own the limited edition so I can't start a long term review on one of those) to see what real world use looks like. The fact that this chip hasn't blinked after over 100,000 puffs should tell you a lot.

When you see the paint on my device, remember that I've been abusing it.
20181217_230222.jpg
20181217_230234.jpg
20181217_230431.jpg

phill_nz

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2018
did not want to have to write this
but this mod has ( imo ) severe design problems
mainly the insanely stupid diameter of the battery holder
far to tight for normal range 18650 batteries
and worse
you cannot double wrap your batteries for safety as they will not fit
you cannot pinstripe your pairs for safety as they will not fit

why such a small tollerance for an imaginary / non existant battery wiggle / slap problem

i now have had to strip off the extra covers and pinstripping for my batteries .. just for this mod
i also now have a mashed up rubber and likely early fail of the battery door closure because of having to tap the mod to remove tight batteries
really piss poor design thinking

had i known this problem before i bought it would i have still purchased it
NO i would not

extreemly disapointed in the design quality of this unit

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
and worse

why such a small tollerance for an imaginary / non existant battery wiggle / slap problem

i now have had to strip off the extra covers and pinstripping for my batteries .. just for this mod
i also now have a mashed up rubber and likely early fail of the battery door closure because of having to tap the mod to remove tight batteries

NO i would not

Haven’t experienced this with either of mine. Batteries slide in an out easily in both.

Never considered double wraps on a battery.

For married pairs I identify mine with an alpha/numeric code using a Sharpie marker.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have a few batteries that are double wrapped (clear) and they are a bit snug but nothing major.

I'm not necessarily a superfan of double wraps. If they arrive that way, that's one thing, but like, I'm not gonna double wrap otherwise, that's twice the work.

I don't think this is a total dealbreaker honestly you could just remove a wrap. Although, as I've noted... Well, they must be REALLY sturdy wraps and perhaps you could um, remove one.

Anna

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@Mowgli – Classic!! :thumb: In another thread (can’t be bothered to find it), I jokingly said I named my married batteries after celebrity couples. Brad and Angelina, Bobby and Whitney, and for my triple battery mod, Donald, Melania and Stormy.

The battery compartment in the Legend is tight, but I don’t see it as a design flaw. Adding extra wraps to a cell is a personal choice and not a requirement. Some of my cells are a tight fit, but do not require force to get them in or out.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I started a while back labeling my new cells with type and date of purchase. If they are married sets they get their own snap top box. The Brother labeler is good for that. I hadn't thought about nicknaming, though!

My 100W Aegis still looks new and has operated without issues since I purchased it. The size kind of makes it an around the house vape, but I like the broad footprint. It's probably the only mod that doesn't occasionally get knocked over when I reach to pick it up.

Last edited:

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
i also mark each pair with letters and numbers but the writing comes off or fades after awhile ,, the pin stripes were easily seen without the specs

lots of people for one reason or another have some double wrapped matched pairs
Why? You said for safety?

No need to double wrap with a decent wrap to begin with

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
and worse

NO i would not

Really sorry for the design disappointing you. We will forward your idea to our engineers. Hope they will make better products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread