Geekvape Aegis Legend

The Aegis legend is a stylish dual 18650 box mod designed to be waterproof and shockproof.
Mod Style
  1. Box Mod
Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Ten is not as bad as I thought it would be actually. I really never wanted to go above 8.1, but I would have had to pay like 20 times as much for something refurbished. LOL.

It reminds me that one day I won't have a "real" keyboard and I don't like that idea. I try to be nice to my laptop but I do recognize one day I'll be typing on a "holographic" screen, (sounds hard) or carrying around a sea shell that projects a screen somewhere and I have to use my voice. I type a LOT, I bet I'd get freaking HOARSE. LOL.

Good luck with the update. Heck, go borrow someone else's "ten" worst case. I ASKED the husband to build me a super retro computer and OS with the parts we have (extensive) but he REFUSED.

Oh well, my kid has a working typewriter, worst case .LOL.

Anna
My issue with 10 isn’t functionality, it’s that there’s all this baked in tracking stuff they take out if you’re a big enough company to make them. Privacy only for the rich is :censored:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have given up on all that.

Apparently, so far, no one wants my identity or privacy and etc. Which, I TOTALLY understand.

But yea, it is the suck. The husband has 3 antivirus softwares on here and last time I think there were over a hundred serious, quarantinable THREATS.

LOL, SLIGHTLY offended but mostly GRATEFUL. I mean, no one wants MY identity, even ME from time to time. LOL.

Anna

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Running 8.1. Please don’t make me upgrade to 10. I like my 8.1

I unzipped it and ran the .exe. There’s just a .bin and a .txt in there. No driver.

LOL, don't make me replace the harddrive in my 10 laptop to test it and I won't make you upgrade. I wouldn't wish 10 on anyone.
When it came down to it, replace the harddrive in the 7 laptop again or replace it in the 10 laptop, I picked the 7 laptop.

I don't know if 8.1 would do the driver stuff in the background. I figured 10 would. That has to be what it is.
I just plugged mine in to run the program with another cord and I didn't get the driver stuff this time. Didn't find the device when I was forgetting to hold + did when I did.

Reactions: stols001

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Failing to make the 1.1 updating work. Keep getting failureto connect error no matter what I try
Sure you got the right one? I tried and failed to update a couple times before I realized I was using the original Aegis pack, not the Aegis Legend one (they're on the same page.) Device driver installed automatically when I connected it (with batteries removed, and holding down the "+" button while connecting the cable -- with the original Aegis you hold down the "fire" button instead). Worked fine once I got the right software, and held the right button. I'm on Win7.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Sure you got the right one? I tried and failed to update a couple times before I realized I was using the original Aegis pack, not the Aegis Legend one (they're on the same page.) Device driver installed automatically when I connected it (with batteries removed, and holding down the "+" button while connecting the cable -- with the original Aegis you hold down the "fire" button instead). Worked fine once I got the right software, and held the right button. I'm on Win7.
Hmmm. That’s not impossible. I’ll check again. And thanks :)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
LOL, don't make me replace the harddrive in my 10 laptop to test it and I won't make you upgrade. I wouldn't wish 10 on anyone.
When it came down to it, replace the harddrive in the 7 laptop again or replace it in the 10 laptop, I picked the 7 laptop.

I don't know if 8.1 would do the driver stuff in the background. I figured 10 would. That has to be what it is.
I just plugged mine in to run the program with another cord and I didn't get the driver stuff this time. Didn't find the device when I was forgetting to hold + did when I did.
Do I need to hold down the plus through the launching and the connection of the app?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yep. It’s the right one. It’s justnot detecting the mod at all I think. I get the same error when I run the app with nothing plugged in. I really hope I’m doing something stupid here. The other option is the mod or the cable are bugged

• Optimistic

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Do I need to hold down the plus through the launching and the connection of the app?

Not that I recall (and I did it not long ago). Hold the +, plug it in, get the noise that you just plugged something into the computer. Then the computer says it detected something, looking for a driver. Once the driver installs the update program detects it.

Yep. It’s the right one. It’s justnot detecting the mod at all I think. I get the same error when I run the app with nothing plugged in. I really hope I’m doing something stupid here. The other option is the mod or the cable are bugged

I'm wondering the same thing. Are you able to charge by cord? I would think if you can charge by cord the computer should be seeing something unless the USB port is bugged inside.

I was able to whittle down a USB plug to fit. The two long ones I have on my desktop for charging and other stuff had big fat rubber things around the actual plug.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Not that I recall (and I did it not long ago). Hold the +, plug it in, get the noise that you just plugged something into the computer. Then the computer says it detected something, looking for a driver. Once the driver installs the update program detects it.

I'm wondering the same thing. Are you able to charge by cord? I would think if you can charge by cord the computer should be seeing something unless the USB port is bugged inside.

I was able to whittle down a USB plug to fit. The two long ones I have on my desktop for charging and other stuff had big fat rubber things around the actual plug.
hmmm the connection noise. havent heard it. That is the key I think. thanks again :) u rok

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
hmmm the connection noise. havent heard it. That is the key I think. thanks again :) u rok

Just ran though it. Button pushed, no batteries, no atty, DOINK.
No button pushed, no batteries, no atty, no doink.
Button pushed, no batteries, with an atty, DOINK.
Button not pushed, with batteries, mod off, batteries start charging on screen.
Button pushed, with batteries, no doink.

If you're able to charge with a cord you should be plugging in. (And the above was done with my whittled down USB cable.)
If you're able to plug in and charge, it would have to be your pushing - instead of +, your + push isn't registering (does your + work to adjust, I would assume it does), you have batteries in, or you have something faulty that isn't allowing it to register.

Faulty could be the mod or your computer (USB port would be my first guess, try a different port, yes they can be picky about what you plug in where). If you can try another computer and can't get the connecting sound then it would almost have to be the mod.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Just ran though it. Button pushed, no batteries, no atty, DOINK.
No button pushed, no batteries, no atty, no doink.
Button pushed, no batteries, with an atty, DOINK.
Button not pushed, with batteries, mod off, batteries start charging on screen.
Button pushed, with batteries, no doink.

If you're able to charge with a cord you should be plugging in. (And the above was done with my whittled down USB cable.)
If you're able to plug in and charge, it would have to be your pushing - instead of +, your + push isn't registering (does your + work to adjust, I would assume it does), you have batteries in, or you have something faulty that isn't allowing it to register.

Faulty could be the mod or your computer (USB port would be my first guess, try a different port, yes they can be picky about what you plug in where). If you can try another computer and can't get the connecting sound then it would almost have to be the mod.
I just ran through a bunch of different variations too and I remain doinkless. Doinkless.. I really like that word.. Anyway it could be issues with my desktop, the cord, or the mod. I have more testing todo it seems

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I just ran through a bunch of different variations too and I remain doinkless. Doinkless.. I really like that word.. Anyway it could be issues with my desktop, the cord, or the mod. I have more testing todo it seems

If you can charge with the cord it would be fairly safe to assume your cord is good, your mod plug is good and your USB port is at least powered. The first place I would try is different USB ports in that case.

I forget what it was but something on this laptop had to be plugged into the lone plug on one side instead of the group of plugs on the other.

Last edited:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I find it interesting that the rubber that will help protect it in a fall will also keep it from falling out of my pocket and give my hands better grip avoiding the majority of my drops.
I've wondered why nobody had a rubber coated mod all along (I know some people hate it but some of us don't).

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
Failing to make the 1.1 updating work. Keep getting failureto connect error no matter what I try
For the update issue, please contact our customer service by Email at support@geekvape.com with the screenshot to show how you try to update. Our support team would be glad to help you.
Hope you could enjoy vaping with our Geekvape products.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just a trail run of something quick and easy to make sure it can be done.
Thinking of carving a Greenman for Dionysus/Bacchus to go with the Greco/Roman theme. Although that's pretty small to be carving a bunch of leaves.
basketweave_2826-jpg.749273
I love the idea!!!..... Greenman would be perfect!!!.....

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Some cords are charge-only and have no wires connected to the data pins. Do you get “doinks” using other connectables with that same cord? Are you using the one that came with the mod?

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I love the idea!!!..... Greenman would be perfect!!!.....

For Aegis and Themis Bacchus seemed to be logical. I've got it drawn, but it is a lot of tiny cuts.
There are a lot of good ways to make use of the space with a piece of leather. Even stamps. Tandy has some large left and right matching stamps. I might end up with many different panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread