Geekvape Aegis Legend

The Aegis legend is a stylish dual 18650 box mod designed to be waterproof and shockproof.
Mod Style
  1. Box Mod
Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Some cords are charge-only and have no wires connected to the data pins. Do you get “doinks” using other connectables with that same cord? Are you using the one that came with the mod?
i do NOT get doinks with the cord. well thats diagnosis 1 bad cord

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
For Aegis and Themis Bacchus seemed to be logical. I've got it drawn, but it is a lot of tiny cuts.
There are a lot of good ways to make use of the space with a piece of leather. Even stamps. Tandy has some large left and right matching stamps. I might end up with many different panels.
I would love to see something like this on one.....:rolleyes::D
1577077192ea323995a7aab9a98129da

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I question whether I can do this one.
View attachment 749593
Well, it’s clear you can draw.
Minor draftsmanship critique: It may have a touch of the slanting left issue. Standard problem when drawing small things. Particularly the lips. It might need to be kind of thick to get the multiple overlays of the horns to look right as a frieze. If I was going to simplify something I’d probably simplify those and maybe the grapes. I dunno, I’m a painter and clay molder not a carver. The grapes may be perfect for an electric drill or something. Each media has its own little tricks

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Well, it’s clear you can draw.
Minor draftsmanship critique: It may have a touch of the slanting left issue. Standard problem when drawing small things. Particularly the lips. It might need to be kind of thick to get the multiple overlays of the horns to look right as a frieze. If I was going to simplify something I’d probably simplify those and maybe the grapes. I dunno, I’m a painter and clay molder not a carver. The grapes may be perfect for an electric drill or something. Each media has its own little tricks

I don't get too exact on the drawing. It will lose a lot being traced to leather, then cut on the lines vs where the blade happens to go, punched and burnished. If I don't have one that will work I'll be making a punch to make round grapes.

I'm wondering about thickness. The edges of the leather need to be about 1-2oz. This was 4-5oz. I was wondering how it would be to use 6-7oz or 8-9oz. The pillow effect would be better but fitting it would be harder and too thick the frame will mar it going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I dunno, I’m a painter and clay molder not a carver.

At least for how I did leather carving on my wallet this time it's a lot like clay if you push the clay around rather than cut it away. I imagine if you were to take a 2mm thick sheet of clay to make that same relief it would be exactly the same technique other than cutting lines where sharp definition is called for.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I don't get too exact on the drawing. It will lose a lot being traced to leather, then cut on the lines vs where the blade happens to go, punched and burnished. If I don't have one that will work I'll be making a punch to make round grapes.

I'm wondering about thickness. The edges of the leather need to be about 1-2oz. This was 4-5oz. I was wondering how it would be to use 6-7oz or 8-9oz. The pillow effect would be better but fitting it would be harder and too thick the frame will mar it going on.
ah. leatherworking. Yeah, with all the stamps and stuff i can totally see the grapes that way. I havent done leatherwork in over 30 years. Im afraid i cant speak much to it. GL though.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
At least for how I did leather carving on my wallet this time it's a lot like clay if you push the clay around rather than cut it away. I imagine if you were to take a 2mm thick sheet of clay to make that same relief it would be exactly the same technique other than cutting lines where sharp definition is called for.
its a design i wouldnt even try in clay myself. clay's resolution is too low doing positive modeling big thick fingers and all. I'd Do it in wax, make a negative mold and slipcast it probably. Leather is definitely the media to choose for this project. The natural flexability and toughnessmake it an easy winner. I only ever played with it as a kid though

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
ah. leatherworking. Yeah, with all the stamps and stuff i can totally see the grapes that way. I havent done leatherwork in over 30 years. Im afraid i cant speak much to it. GL though.

its a design i wouldnt even try in clay myself. clay's resolution is too low doing positive modeling big thick fingers and all. I'd Do it in wax, make a negative mold and slipcast it probably. Leather is definitely the media to choose for this project. The natural flexability and toughnessmake it an easy winner. I only ever played with it as a kid though

What I did when introduced to leather in highschool was pretty standard western floral stuff. This incarnation I did more relief with jewelry tools. The problem is I have 30 some years of thinking small so I come up with tiny pieces that have too much detail for standard stamps.

The mod is perfect for customization with leather. That was one hope I had when ordering it. I'm sure I can make some cut pieces for it. My wallet was the same 4-5oz and has oak leaves and basketweave.

SUCCESS! :banana: Found a cable that fit and got Doink! Powerxcell microUSB metalic rapidcharge. Happiness..

Update works now? :bday:

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
Thanks for your support on Geekvape.
As we test, the Aero tank glass might be fine with Baby best coil. Could you please send us a picture or a video of how you install the coil, so we could confirm it with our technicians?
By the way, Aero mesh coils would be available in the market, and we may recommend you to use Aero mesh coil.
I can make you a video. Where should I send it?

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
Sure you got the right one? I tried and failed to update a couple times before I realized I was using the original Aegis pack, not the Aegis Legend one (they're on the same page.) Device driver installed automatically when I connected it (with batteries removed, and holding down the "+" button while connecting the cable -- with the original Aegis you hold down the "fire" button instead). Worked fine once I got the right software, and held the right button. I'm on Win7.

Thank you for reminding that:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread