Geekvape Aegis Legend

The Aegis legend is a stylish dual 18650 box mod designed to be waterproof and shockproof.
Mod Style
  1. Box Mod
Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Wow I'm glad I don't have to update mine. You guys are really getting it done I know where to turn if I end up having to, though.

LOL.

Anna

For the record I'm fairly sure most of my cords in use are from ecigs and they are data cords (or else the ones that are charge only are also short so I don't use them). And I've never had a problem with my computers recognizing mods including this one.

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
For the record I'm fairly sure most of my cords in use are from ecigs and they are data cords (or else the ones that are charge only are also short so I don't use them). And I've never had a problem with my computers recognizing mods including this one.

Myk, did you update the firmware successfully? If you have any question, please feel free to let us know.

Reactions: stols001

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Myk, did you update the firmware successfully? If you have any question, please feel free to let us know.

The only problem I had was my WinZip version wouldn't unzip the file. I had to download a freeware program.
Updated fine after that.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
WinRAR is free for seven days, and then still free after that but they "remind" you to pay every time...

I got 7-zip. I got WinZip with a program and hate it, it took away Windows' ability to easily deal with zip files and replaced it with an overly picky thing that rarely does what I want.
I might have WinRAR somewhere. I think I had to get something other than WinZip for Smoant too.

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
I got 7-zip. I got WinZip with a program and hate it, it took away Windows' ability to easily deal with zip files and replaced it with an overly picky thing that rarely does what I want.
I might have WinRAR somewhere. I think I had to get something other than WinZip for Smoant too.

Or maybe you could send an Email to our customer service and ask them to send you an unzip file. Here is the Email: support@geekvape.com. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Or maybe you could send an Email to our customer service and ask them to send you an unzip file. Here is the Email: support@geekvape.com. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Wasn't an inconvenience.
I tried it a couple times with WinZip, it didn't work. I downloaded 7-Zip and it worked fine, even better than WinZip would've.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I'm using SS Clapton coils in my Medusa RDTA on the Legend and so today I decided to try vaping it in TC mode for SS. It seems to not output more than 40w in TC mode, no matter how high I set the watts or temperature setting. Is that intended behavior? 40w is not enough to fire up these coils, in wattage mode I'm hitting them with 80 watts.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I'm using SS Clapton coils in my Medusa RDTA on the Legend and so today I decided to try vaping it in TC mode for SS. It seems to not output more than 40w in TC mode, no matter how high I set the watts or temperature setting. Is that intended behavior? 40w is not enough to fire up these coils, in wattage mode I'm hitting them with 80 watts.

I just had an epiphany how people were deciding it wasn't applying 40w in TC. You're watching the screen, duh.
I'm not sure how accurately the screen displays the changing watts or Ω (I don't think the heated Ω reading is actual, or if it is that's part of the TC problem).
I am sure the Legend is slow with more mass in TC and that's the reason I'm finding joy with TCR and low mass SS mesh.

But assuming the screen is at all correct it's not really applying the wattage setting. I just set it to 5w and watched the screen. I see 30w flash by. I really shouldn't see any vapor when I limit the TC power that low.

The firmware for TC/TCR definitely needs tweaked. That would need to be worked out before I'd jump on another.

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com

How about the battery status when you use the TC mode?
Could you please take some picture or a video on the screen when in TC mode?
By the way, what is the resistance value of the coil?
Have you also tried with other tank?

Thanks in advance for your message. We will try our best to figure it out.

Best,

• Useful

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
Thanks for your support on Geekvape.
As we test, the Aero tank glass might be fine with Baby best coil. Could you please send us a picture or a video of how you install the coil, so we could confirm it with our technicians?
By the way, Aero mesh coils would be available in the market, and we may recommend you to use Aero mesh coil.
is sent the email

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I love mine. I get perfectly okay battery life (I do turn it off overnight) and I have not had one problem with the screen backlight, or the battery door. I haven't tried upgrading but I haven't needed to, either.

I will say, lots of new mods will have issues with a new release, and I'd think moreso with a two battery mod that is designed to do everything the Legend does.

I'm not trying to talk you into it or anything, but maybe keep an eye out as more are released? IDK. I'm a never say "never" kind of person, things may well improve, IDK.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread