Geekvape Aegis Legend

The Aegis legend is a stylish dual 18650 box mod designed to be waterproof and shockproof.
Mod Style
  1. Box Mod
Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
New firmware released: Firmware Download
The update says TC performance has been improved, but it's still hitting "weak" for me. It no longer "holds" at 40w, but it still starts low, and climbs very slowly. 25 watts...35...40...45...50...55...60...65...by this time I've finished with my hit, and it never did get up to the 80w it was set for (nor to within 100 deg of the 450F temp setting). Medusa RDTA, 26ga SS/34ga KA1 clapton, dual, 3mm 6-wrap spaced, 0.28Ω, rayon. V1.2 2018 0710.

Also, I jut got a dry hit (burnt wick flavor) while testing this. In TC-SS, set at 450F. That shouldn't happen, right? Yes, the reservoir was empty, but what else is TC good for if not even that?

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Yes held the + button, not the fire button, batteries out tank off. Definitely heard the ba-donk. Used same cord to update my new Vaporesso Revenger X, the cord that came with the legend. Got the right file both of them say legend in the title, the original Aegis filled are in the section below the legend's files.

Went to their website and read all the posts from others who had similar or same issue. Tried turning off firewall, turned off windows defender, tried different cables, tried holding different buttons, tons of suggestion there but none worked.

It's a shame really wanted this mod. Never even put batteries in it.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Also, I jut got a dry hit (burnt wick flavor) while testing this. In TC-SS, set at 450F. That shouldn't happen, right? Yes, the reservoir was empty, but what else is TC good for if not even that?

450°F is hot enough to give a burnt hit.
That's a bummer it's not aggressive enough. I turned my wattage down to 40-50w from 75w.

Yes held the + button, not the fire button, Batteries out tank off. Definitely heard the ba-donk. Used same cord to update my new Vaporesso Revenger X, the cord that came with the legend. Got the right file both of them say legend in the title, the original Aegis filled are in the section below the legend's files.

Went to their website and read all the posts from others who had similar or same issue. Tried turning off firewall, turned off windows defender, tried different cables, tried holding different buttons, tons of suggestion there but none worked.

It's a shame really wanted this mod. Never even put batteries in it.

Ba-doink means the computer sees it.
I know someone rebooted with it attached but I don't remember if their problem was after ba-doink or before. I'm sure glad both of mine went without a hitch.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
without the update for battery life it's unusable. Has to go back. Might go for a second Revenger X so far I'm liking it.

Without the 2nd update (battery life) it was very usable. I got more than 24hrs on it at 18Ω, probably a day and a half from .5Ω. From puff count I doubt I could get 48hrs even now so if I could only charge once every 24hrs it would be 24hrs either way.

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
Without the 2nd update (battery life) it was very usable. I got more than 24hrs on it at 18Ω, probably a day and a half from .5Ω. From puff count I doubt I could get 48hrs even now so if I could only charge once every 24hrs it would be 24hrs either way.
Befeore the update, battery life was great. We shall see how it has improved with this newest update.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Befeore the update, battery life was great. We shall see how it has improved with this newest update.

My average before was around 175 puffs. After the first time was 290. The second time with older batteries was in the lower 200s but enough I didn't have a problem leaving the house close to 170 without changing batteries and it still made it to the next morning.

I checked my Proton which has been impressive and it's in the same area. Legend has my seal of approval now as far as my vaping is concerned. (It's been working fine for me in TC with mesh, I would have to put down my Themis to test with other TC builds to recommend it for everyone because of the TC complaints.)

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I tried both updates BTW the one from June and the one from July, same error on both.

How do you check which version it is currently running. Their website say to do this

"How to check the firmware version: Put battery in and open the device, press “+” & ”-” buttons at the same time, it would shows the latest version “V1.1 2018 0611”:"

I assume the phrase "open device" means to turn it on?????

Reactions: stols001

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
I tried both updates BTW the one from June and the one from July, same error on both.

How do you check which version it is currently running. Their website say to do this

"How to check the firmware version: Put battery in and open the device, press “+” & ”-” buttons at the same time, it would shows the latest version “V1.1 2018 0611”:"

I did that to check the update, let me see if I can do it again. I will let you know in a few.

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA

Put batteries in, leave the unit off. Press and hold the "+ and -" buttons at the same time for 2 seconds and it will show the software version. I just tried it.

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
Thanks, so I have version 1.1.
Ok, give the mac update a shot when geekvape sends it. Do you have a .zip program? It will be needed to open, and unload the update. If it still doesnt work, I would assume either the usb cable is bad, or your legend is a dud. Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread