Status
Not open for further replies.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I received my prize from Heaven Gifts today, I'm so excited! I didn't really care what color I got, but secretly I kind of hoped it wasn't the orange one. And indeed, I got the Stealth Black! Hurray! I took it out on the patio earlier and snapped a photo (sorry for potato):

9F06291E-1F89-40A2-BF5E-FF589EBD8837.jpeg

Unfortunately I can’t seem to adjust the airflow control on the included tank. It’s supposed to be adjustable, right? The whole thing, all the tank parts were cinched down really tight at first but I got everything else moving, so I’m hoping that with a little use, it will get some juice/condensation in there and loosen up the AFC too.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Unfortunately I can’t seem to adjust the airflow control on the included tank. It’s supposed to be adjustable, right? The whole thing, all the tank parts were cinched down really tight at first but I got everything else moving, so I’m hoping that with a little use, it will get some juice/condensation in there and loosen up the AFC too.
Probably just dry and tight. I've had a couple tanks when new the AFC would barely move. Running them under warm water got them moving then when a little juice worked it's way in they smoothed right up.

I used all my tricks. It hadn't loosened up after a couple tankfuls, so I put it in the freezer, in a hot water bath, I used rubber kitchen gloves for extra grip...nothing worked. Eventually I decided to just try and brute-force it. I had a look at Phil's video to see which way I needed to turn it. I screwed the base into a threaded atty stand, put my rubber gloves on, and just CRANKED on it. Took all my elbow grease, and a little bit of courage, but I got it loose without breaking anything*! Once I had it in the closed position, I put a little VG in the slots and worked it back and forth several times. It's much better now, still quite stiff (no chance of coming off-setting accidentally), but easy enough to move it when I want it moved.

*(I hope -- I presume there's an o-ring under there which might have snapped or mangled. It doesn't look like the AFC ring is removable, so I guess I'll never know, unless and until it becomes a problem.)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I am curious how everyone is enjoying it?

Is the only real difference the two battery? Do people like it better than the single battery Aegis?

If you had a choice between the Aegis and Aegis Legend what would you buy - given the single battery Aegis is going cheap right now - and why do you like _______ best?

Reactions: KC0YNU
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread