Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Geekvape-Aegis-Max-2-Mod-100-W-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at Geekvape Aegis Max-2 mod 100W; kindly sent by the online shop sourcemore.com on my specific choice. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that by the end of this reading you have understood this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Geekvape Aegis Max-2 Mod 100W; Before starting let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:
    • 1. Geekvape's second generation tri-proof technology
    • 2. Maximum power 100W
    • 3. New 1.1-inch color screen
    • 4. Single battery 21700/18650
    • 5. Type-C charging port with snap-on lid on top
    • 6. Resistance to water, dust and shocks with IP68 protection degree.
    • 7. A-Lock locking function

Geekvape-Aegis-Max-2-Mod-100-W-2.jpg

► Geekvape Aegis Max-2 Mod 100W; Packaging:
    The box in the classic black / orange colors shows on the front an image of the device contained inside. On the back are listed; some of the main features, the contents of the package, the manufacturer's addresses, logos & certification marks and the scratch and check for authenticity verification.

Geekvape-Aegis-Max-2-Mod-100-W-3.jpg

► Geekvape Aegis Max-2 Mod 100W; Packing List:
    • 1 * Geekvape Aegis Max Mod
    • 1 * 18650 Battery Adapter
    • 1 * USB Cable
    • 1 * User Manual

Geekvape-Aegis-Max-2-Mod-100-W-4.jpg

► Geekvape Aegis Max-2 Mod 100W; Technical data:
    • Size: 93 * 46.3 * 34mm
    • Chipset: AS-100
    • Output power: 5W-100W
    • Input voltage: 3.2-4.25V
    • Output voltage: 0-8.5V (max 8.5V)
    • Minimum voltage: 3.2V 土 0.1V
    • Resistance range: 0.10-3.00Ω
    • Cut Off: 10 seconds
    • Temperature control: 100 ℃ -315 ℃ (1 ℃ step-by-step), 200 ℉ -600 ℉ (5 ℉ step-by-step)
    • Battery: Single 18650/20700/21700 (not included)
    • Charging: Type-C 5V / 2A
    • Screen: 1.1 Inch (TFT color screen)
    • Overheating protection
    • Low temperature protection
    • Triple overvoltage protection
    • Low voltage protection
    • Charge and discharge overcurrent protection
    • Short circuit protection
    • Low Ohm protection
    • Cut-Off: 10s
    • Available Colors: Silver, Red, Blue, Rainbow, Black.

Geekvape-Aegis-Max-2-Mod-100-W-5.jpg

► Geekvape Aegis Max-2 Mod 100W; First Impressions:
    Geekvape Aegis Max-2 Mod is the latest model of the Geekvape Aegis series and is available in five different colors, the one I received for the test is red / black, thank you Sourcemore for complying with my request. This new Mod is inspired by the recent form factor introduced by Geekvape on the M100 Mod, and uses the 2nd generation of the "Geekvape Tri-proof Tech" (IP68) specification which leads to a higher level of liquid impermeability, dust resistance and shocks. In Aegis Max-2 it is possible to install a large capacity 21700 battery, or the classic 18650 with the adapter present in the package. Geekvape claims Aegis Max-2 Mod supports stable output up to 100W. As on the previous S100 and M100 we find the A-Lock key for a quick Lock of the device when you put it in your pocket. However, in this new device there is also the combination of the "+" and "-" key block which allows you to vape safely without the danger of inadvertently changing the previously selected power. The large 1.1 inch color screen is common to the S100 and M100 versions and allows you to see the main vaping data clearly.

In the first photo below, you can appreciate the remarkable weight loss diet to which the Geekvape technicians have subjected the new Aegis Max-2 compared to the previous model also equipped with a replaceable 21700 cell. Aegis Max-2 Mod is therefore a handy and compact Mod, the finishes and the tactile feeling that Max-2 gives I consider it a further step forward by Geekvape

Geekvape-Aegis-Max-2-Mod-100-W-6.jpg

Geekvape-Aegis-Max-2-Mod-100-W-7.jpg

► Geekvape Aegis Max-2 Mod 100W; Side view:
    This part has been completely redesigned, the Geekvape technicians have introduced a new type of protective frame giving up the classic one that characterized all Aegis previous to M100. The new bezel is much thinner and is made of heavy, sturdy steel for high structural strength. Inside one of the uprights of this cover, the A-Lock slider key for the total block of the Mod is placed in a protected position. On the other side of the frame there is the laser engraved "Geekvape" writing. I liked the new look right away and had already imagined that Geekvape would adopt it in the future for its "Tri-Proof" Mods.

Geekvape-Aegis-Max-2-Mod-100-W-8.jpg

► Geekvape Aegis Max-2 Mod 100W; Screen and control keys:
    The front is pretty much the same as the M100 and S100 Mod with the 1.1-inch Color Display. The screen arranged vertically adopts enlarged fonts and is bright enough, allowing you to easily view the main and most important data. However, I think an improvement could be the introduction of the battery level indicated in numerical percentage instead of the line of green LEDs.
    The adjustment buttons are updated with a greater sizing, the rocker for the "+" and "-" keys is more comfortable and precise than in the past.

The handle no longer has the classic "belly" but has been redesigned with a straight profile, but the two parallel seams are still present on the leather insert with the 3 nylon strings in the center, this time in black. With the introduction of the handle with a straight rather than arched profile, in my opinion, nothing has been lost in terms of ergonomics (I have large hands), on the contrary, a few mm in width have been saved in favor of a better grip for those with small hands. .

Geekvape-Aegis-Max-2-Mod-100-W-9.jpg

► Geekvape Aegis Max-2 Mod 100W; Operation Guide:
    • Power On / Off: Press the Fire button 5 times in quick succession.
    • New atomizer: When a new atomizer is inserted the user is prompted to select new / old atomizer.
    • Power Adjustment: Press the "+" or "-" buttons to adjust the power between 5 and 100W, the increment is 0.5W at a time.
    • Menu Navigation: Press the Fire button 3 times to enter the setting mode, press the "+/-" buttons together to cycle through Power, Bypass, VPC, TC-SS and TC-TCR, press and hold the Fire button to confirm your choice.
    • TC-SS and TC-TCR: In the menu press the "+/-" buttons to adjust the temperature up / down between 200-600 ° F / 100-315 ° C each increment will be 5 ° F / 1 ° C
    • VPC (Variable Power Curve): In the menu press the Fire button to scroll and select P1. Press the "+/-" buttons to adjust the P1 power value. Keep pressing the Fire button to move the cursor to P2 and repeat the same operation to adjust the power value P3, P4, P5.
    • Bypass mode: In the Bypass mode menu, the output voltage is approximately equal to the battery voltage (maximum output power and maximum output current are limited).
    • Locking / Unlocking the "+ and -" adjustment buttons: Press the "+ and -" adjustment buttons simultaneously.
    • Mod Lock / Unlock: Use the A-Lock slider.
    • Change background color: In setting mode, press the "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously to move to the next theme (Blue, Green, Purple, Orange, Yellow).
    • Screen Brightness Adjustment: Press the "+" and Fire button simultaneously to display the brightness adjustment icon, hold down the fire button and adjust the brightness with the "+" and "-" buttons.
    • FW display: Press the fire button 5 times to turn off the device, during shutdown press the "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously for seconds, the version information will be visible for a few seconds, or when the device is off, hold by pressing the "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously, the screen will display the FW version number.

Geekvape-Aegis-Max-2-Mod-100-W-10.jpg

► Geekvape Aegis Max-2 Mod 100W; Bottom Base & Compatible Batteries:
    The bottom of the Mod is coated with soft silicone rubber and offers quietness in support with a good grip to keep the Mod stably standing. The steel cap is equipped with a liftable tab for screwing / unscrewing operations. The direction of insertion of the cell 21700/18650 is indicated both inside the cap and on the bottom of the compartment / battery.

Geekvape-Aegis-Max-2-Mod-100-W-11.jpg

Geekvape-Aegis-Max-2-Mod-100-W-12.jpg

► Geekvape Aegis Max-2 Mod 100W; View from above:
    Max-2 Mod can accommodate atomizers up to 27mm in diameter with no protrusions beyond its body, the 510 cup contains a spring loaded / gold plated contact pin. The beveled edge above the display houses the soft waterproof rubber "Flip-cover" that hides the USB-C charging port. The port can also be used for FW update.

Geekvape-Aegis-Max-2-Mod-100-W-14.jpg

Geekvape-Aegis-Max-2-Mod-100-W-13.jpg

► Geekvape Aegis Max-2 Mod 100W; Final conclusions:
    Also this New version of the Aegis surprises! It improves its degree of protection (Ip68) and keeps all the best already seen on the previous Aegis. With the introduction of the new design, the finishes and decorations show an improvement and the dimensions compared to the previous model with 21700 have decreased in favor of better handling. The new A-Lock button comes to the aid of those who want to quickly lock the Mod before inserting it in their pocket without the worry of having to turn it off.

Unfortunately, the updated AS chipset still does not distinguish the presence of an 18650 cell compared to a 21700, I would have welcomed a limitation to 80W of the 18650 battery and 100W "free" for the 21700 cell. However the chip is full of features, it turns out reactive to commands, it expresses itself well even at "high" wattages and manages the cell in a balanced way throughout the discharge phase. The ohm reading appears precise and the progression by holding down the up / down keys while adjusting the power is very fast. The Display reads well and offers the ability to customize the background with 5 different color options. Aegis Max-2 Mod thanks to the compact size, the low weight and the regulation of the Watt of 0.5W at a time can really be of interest also to those who want to install and use an MTL tank to have a lot of autonomy of Vaping in combination with the use of a good cell 21700.

Geekvape-Aegis-Max-2-Mod-100-W-15.jpg

For the rest, there is little to add, it is a model imitated and envied by the competition, always admired and purchased by many Vapers who recognize the indestructible build quality of GeekVape, consequently this new Aegis Mod, i feel to recommend it to everyone.

► Geekvape Aegis Max-2 Mod 100W By Sourcemore is offered at the price of $ 32.99 by entering the code: A100M
    GeekVape Max100 Mod 100W Box Mod

Thanks for reading.

Geekvape-Aegis-Max-2-Mod-100-W-16.jpg

Reactions: hittman

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2012
    Bracebridge Ont Canada
    wever, in this new device there is also the combination of the "+" and "-" key block which allows you to vape safely without the danger of inadvertently changing the previously selected power.

Actually the original version does have this feature as well if you hold the +&- buttons it will lock your wattage as well. Not sure about this model but with the original it also stays locked when you change the battery. The newer boost products unlock when you change the battery but I can’t speak to this one.

Reactions: hittman

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Actually the original version does have this feature as well if you hold the +&- buttons it will lock your wattage as well. Not sure about this model but with the original it also stays locked when you change the battery. The newer boost products unlock when you change the battery but I can’t speak to this one.
    It is true that the original version also has this function. Also on Aegis Max-2 i can confirm that the power selection remains blocked even when you change the battery. TC Ni and TC Ti are not present on Max-2

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread