Geekvape Aegis Mini Kit

The Aegis Mini is designed to be the most durable mod with extreme water, shock and dust protections.
Mod Style
  1. Box Mod
Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
I have the Aegis 200w Legend and the Aegis Mini Kit. Geekvape rocked both of them. I was skeptical of the built in Battery to but it last 5-6 hrs and recharges with in 45 mins. I Love this little thing. Feels very good in the hand, very pocketable, light, and has the power...

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
I'll review mine when it arrives.
I just ordered it a few hours ago.

I have an Aster with 2200mah built in battery and it lasts more than all day when I use higher ohm coils , like .3 or higher, which I have in my Baby Princes and Toptank so I think the internal battery limitation won't affect me so much. I'll still be carrying my Legend 100 anyway at work but can now leave the Legend 200, as a backup, at home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
The one I ordered online is stuck in Detroit Michigan. Been there all week to be exact. Soooo
I picked up a kit at my local vape shop today. More expensive than I wanted to pay but it's supporting a locally owned American owned business so there's the lemonade factor.

As for the mod, it's light. Very light. Too light. When naked it's well balanced and feels good in my xxl glove size fingers but with a tank on top it's mega top heavy. Perhaps the internal battery would make the combo better if it were on the bottom so it's more balanced with a tank on top. The buttons feel great, like my other Legends, and very clicky and responsive without needing to crush them. The ergonomics are very similar to the Legend 100, only smaller while keeping the same finger friendly design. The display is virtually the same one as the Legend 100 , only smaller by a smidge and both seem to have the same size fonts. At 50% brightness the 100 is much whiter looking and even with 100 at 50% and Mini at 100% the Mini isn't as bright but I think that goes back to the whiteness of the background difference. Both are acceptable to me on bright light and I can easily see the wattage and battery meter at a glance without my readers. Nothing fancy but it works, just like me. The leather feels more like pleather than the 100 and 200 but not enough to feel slicky or cheap

As for the tank; it's a flavor monster! It's easy to fill. It looks great on the Mini. It's easy to take apart. It's a nice looking tank . Like the Mini mod, it's minimalist looking .
Same juice in a Falcon with newish m1 coil of an 80/20 blend fuji apple and Legend Mini tank (as my vape shop calls them) with new coil. Falcon set at 75 watts on a Legend 100 and LM (Legend Mini) tank on the Mini at 42 watts. Both 3+ second pulls . I could taste nuances in the sub flavors in the LM readily that are just barely noticeable in the Falcon . Vapor production with both ~ 30% open air was a smidge more with Falcon but both put out enough to where I need my window down if vaping while driving and enough to piss my wife off of I blow a huge exhale in the house.
With thicker juices and colder weather I need a durable mod that'll be more jacket chest pocket friendly so the Mini is perfect for my need.
Battery will not be anything like my 4kmah 26650 battery in my 100 but I also don't plan on using tanks that need 70+ watt heat and .15 ohm ratings to work right either and quick charge with my Samsung phone charger was pretty darn quick so while it's filling with energy I can live with using the 100 for a half an hour .

I'm glad I got the kit instead of just the mod. My only gripe is it's too light for what my hands are used to but I'll adapt and come to appreciate that as well most likely.

2e8a8172addf6b754d2fc2a5ffa75046.jpg

Last edited:

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Perhaps an opaque acrylic tank system could help balance things out.

For those who use their mod in not-so-friendly places like riding a 4 wheeler or climbing up to a tree stand, the top heavy aspect could prove disasterous if dropped as many users don't carry spare glass around with them every day.

Acrylic could be more drop friendly as well.

Just my 2 cents

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
Perhaps an opaque acrylic tank system could help balance things out.

For those who use their mod in not-so-friendly places like riding a 4 wheeler or climbing up to a tree stand, the top heavy aspect could prove disasterous if dropped as many users don't carry spare glass around with them every day.

Acrylic could be more drop friendly as well.

Just my 2 cents
I'm only half kidding when I say the juice in the tank weighs almost as much as the mod.

Fwiw 200+ puffs , 3rd refill, 45 watts, ~3 second pulls, about 20% left on the battery meter. I am noticing a dip in flavor but my Legend 100 does the same thing at about the same point . I carried my 100 to church and the grocery store just in case but never needed to use it today.

It was at about 50% from the box and took about 15 minutes to charge using my Samsung phone quick charger last night.
Edit. 253 puffs is where the battery meter began to flash and I got 2 more puffs but the third one gave almost no vapor.
Edit2. Just under 40 minutes to charge fully.

218e3f9b7a18c6ad1a701e60fbe66c8a.jpg

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
Has anyone had their drop ins on the Cereberus last more than 4 days? And that's not even using it full time but as part of a rotation.
I can't find the coil assemblies locally so I am just trying to get a feel for how many to order online so I don't run out.
I'm using a 70/30 fruit flavor that's low on sugary additive, 3mg nicotine and almost crystal clear to the view.
Thanks

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
Absolutely they last more than 4 days, depending on your juice more like 4 weeks.
That's what I'm used to with my Falcons and Valaryan. The kit came with 1) .4 installed that lasted longer than 4 days but out of nowhere began to taste like extreme dry hit. The second included was a .3 that lasted about 4 days and again, suddenly, began to taste dry then like burnt juice. I got some .4s online and the first one is working fine so far. The juice works fine (as in coil lasts for weeks) in my higher wattage need tanks so it might be that

Thanks for the answer that it's just me and not the Cereberus. .4 coils are hard to come by and that's my preferred resistance coils on smaller battery mods.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Have an Aegis Mini w/Big Baby (0.25R M2 Coil) for my "Outside Chores Shirt-Pocket" Rig and a Aegis "OG" (in Gunmetal-Camo of course ;)) w/same Tank/Coil combo for Hunting and All-Day Outside Chore Rig.
Dig them both and wish I'd gotten an OG Aegis a long time ago.

I too was a HUGE "Hater" of Internal Batt Mods in general but,,,, needed a rugged smaller Outside Mod/Rig for short to 3+ hr or so Outside Duty and it easily checked all the other boxes to warrant disregarding the "Built-In Boo-Boo" Con. Pulled the trigger and damned glad I did.
So far it does the job quite well, perfect size and ergonomics, performs to expectation, and lasts more than acceptably long warheaded with the BB and 0.25 M2 Coil set at 32W. As stated already, Charge-Up time is relatively quick. Real test will come in the Spring to see if full-charge will last the Full-Meal-Deal on the Yard (2.25 acres/2 hrs Riding Mow & @40 mins of push-mowing & 25 mins of Weed-Eating & 10 mins Blower).
IF the little devil can do that considering I hit it fairly often during said work then,,,, Winner :thumb:
Tall order and daunting Mission-Statement I know. Too tall??? We shall see and if by chance it can't quite make the last 5-10 mins,,, it will still have earned its keep and will retain its Slot in the Ft. Vape Armory.

Of course the orig. Aegis (w/sngl 26650 Batt) speaks for itself and only negative is; wish they'd been around in the 80's (and I'd been a Vaper instead of a "Camel-Commando" :(). An Aegis Moded Rig would have been classified "Essential Gear" right alongside a Compass, a Gerber Mark-II, an M-16, my personal Colt Commander 1911, and large (neatly stacked and tightly folded) cache of Charmin :D.

:thumbs: & Kudos to Geekvape.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Has anyone had their drop ins on the Cereberus last more than 4 days? And that's not even using it full time but as part of a rotation.
I can't find the coil assemblies locally so I am just trying to get a feel for how many to order online so I don't run out.
I'm using a 70/30 fruit flavor that's low on sugary additive, 3mg nicotine and almost crystal clear to the view.
Thanks.
I've got a 70/30 fruit flavor in my Cerberus; refilled it several times; still the original coil. I've not been using this setup exclusively all day, every day. The holidays have been busy, so I haven't gotten around to my review of the Aegis Mini starter setup. So far I'm pretty impressed with these mesh coils. Usually vaping at 30 watts. I'll probably order replacement coils online.

I agree that the battery has a fast charge; about 30 minutes with a 2 amp charger/adaptor.

9672750-4.jpg

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
I've got a 70/30 fruit flavor in my Cerberus; refilled it several times; still the original coil. I've not been using this setup exclusively all day, every day. The holidays have been busy, so I haven't gotten around to my review of the Aegis Mini starter setup. So far I'm pretty impressed with these mesh coils. Usually vaping at 30 watts. I'll probably order replacement coils online.

I agree that the battery has a fast charge; about 30 minutes with a 2 amp charger/adaptor.

9672750-4.jpg
I average filling it twice a day even though it's part of a rotation. 45 watts puts out huge delicious clouds but a juice miser it is not.

The last few days I've actually been using my Minifits almost exclusively . Highs in the low 30s and me being in it all day the Minifits are easier to shirt pocket (keep the juice from getting as thick as pancake syrup so I don't get those nasty dry hits) and quick vape than any of my Legends. The plus side of that is instead of 10ml of juice a day I'm using under 3.

Besides the obvious working in the cold sucks, I'm looking forward to temps getting warm enough so I can use the Legend Mini again outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread