hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m back for yet another review. I was contacted by Geekvape and asked if I would like to review the Aegis mini kit with Cerberus tank. I gladly accepted. I thoroughly enjoyed doing the review on the Aegis Legend kit so was excited to review this one also. I have become a bit of a Geekvape fan but not just because of the review merchandise but the Zeus rta has become my daily tank since it came out and currently have three in rotation along with backups. Anyway, let’s get on with the review.

upload_2018-11-18_9-40-25.jpg

Specifications:

30.6mm by 58.5mm by 78mm

AS80 Chipset

.05 to 3 ohm resistance range

9 second response time

2200mah Built in battery

Temperature control for SS316, Ni200, and Titanium

IP67 waterproof, shockproof system, dustproof

.91 inch color display

Zinc, leather, silicon, and aluminum materials

Spring loaded gold plated 510 connector

Short Circuit Protection/ 10s Cut-off Protection / Over-heat Protection / Over-current Protection/ Over Charging and Discharging Protection / Anti-Dry Protection (Temp Mode Only)

Cerberus Tank:

Short Circuit Protection/ 10s Cut-off Protection / Over-heat Protection / Over-current Protection/ Over Charging and Discharging Protection / Anti-Dry Protection (Temp Mode Only)

• Mesh X2 coils
        • 0.3 ohm
        • KA1
        • Vertical Coil
        • 30 to 45W
        • 30 to 40W Recommended
    • Dual Adjustable Bottom Airflow System
      • 9mm by 2mm Each Air slot
      • Fully Closeable
    8mm Wide 810 Bore Drip Tip

What’s in the box:

• One Aegis Mini Box Mod
    • One Cerberus Sub-Ohm Tank
    • One 0.3 ohm Mesh X2 Coil
      • Pre-Installed
    • One Spare 0.3 ohm Mesh X2 Coil
    • One USB Cable
    • One Spare 4.0 ml Glass Tank Section
    • One Spare Parts Bag
    One User Manual

First Impressions:

I have been happy with prior Geekvape equipment that I have reviewed and purchased on my own. The Aegis mini is no exception. The packaging is nice and the mod and tank seem to be well built. I tend to associate Geekvape with quality. The mod is smaller than most that I have and is comfortable to hold. The tank is easy to disassemble and clean as well as fill. It has the same type of quarter turn removable cap that the Zeus tanks have that makes for quick refilling and no mess from my experience so far.

Mod Impressions:

I have really enjoyed using this mod. It is small, light and fits nicely in the hand. The menu is easy to navigate. Three clicks on the fire button will take you into the menu system. It has power, TC-Ni, TC-Ti, TC-SS, TC-TCR,bypass, and VPC modes. VPC mode is a function where you can set your own power curve like I’ve seen on many other devices. It gives a nice customizable option for when you are using a non-temperature control material like the kanthal coils that come in this kit. It can also be used with all other materials also. I ran the mode in power mode due to the tank and coils that were included with it.

The mod was fully charged when I received it. I might take shorter puffs than some but got over 300 puffs out of the battery with the power set at 35 watts. I didn’t drain the battery completely but it had been running on one bar for some time before I charged it. It charged in less than one hour on a 2.1 amp wall adapter and the included charging cord. I can’t really give a time frame as to how long the battery lasts. I think that number has too many variables to really give an accurate number. Like most people, I don’t use the same mod all day every day. I feel like the puff count is a more accurate depiction of how long the battery lasts. After recharging for the first time, I have a little over 250 puffs on the counter with one bar on the power meter. The charging port is on the bottom of the mod unlike the aegis legend that had it on the top near the 510 connection.

The red panels on the mod are shiny as can be and I thought they would be fingerprint magnets but so far that is not the case. The fire button is clicky like I like. I have had zero misfires after almost two weeks of use.

I know that this is sold as a kit but often times the mods included in the kits are sold individually so I felt that it was necessary to try some other tanks on this unit as well as try the temperature control function. I tried one of my Geekvape Zeus tanks on the mini with a 316ss braided coil in TC-SS mode and it worked well. I did however have one issue. The zeus tank would not screw down on the mod all the way so I tried a second zeus tank and it was the same. It left what I consider to be a big gap between the tank and mod. I used a feeler gauge and could fit a .030 inch gauge between the mod and tank. I thought that perhaps it was just the zeus so I tried an intake rta, siren v1, and ammit rda. None of the tanks I have in my daily rotation would screw down all the way on the mod. I contacted another person on the forum that has done a review on this unit and he said that most but not all of his tanks would screw down flat. I didn’t have any of the same tanks that he did to try.

Tank Impressions:

I don’t currently use any tanks that are not rtas but have thoroughly enjoyed using the Cerberus tank. The coils that come with it are a .3 ohm dual mesh kanthal. They operate best at 30-40 watts. I ended up landing right in the middle at 35 watts. I liked the airflow control at about 2/3 open. When I first got the tank, the airflow control was very tight and had a difficult time adjusting it with the tank screwed on the mod. Over time it has loosened up a little and I can now fairly easily adjust it. The top cap is easily removable with a quarter turn just like the zeus tank. It is rated at a maximum capacity of 5.5ml with the bubble glass and 4ml with the straight spare glass that is included. I have been running a cranberry diy liquid that is clear. After almost two weeks of use I have not noticed any decrease in flavor or vapor production. The flavor production is actually superior to what I have been getting from a single coil rta with the same liquid. It gives plenty of vapor. I wouldn’t consider it a cloud chaser tank but it is more than generous on vapor production in my opinion. This could be the first tank in a long time that I might actually consider buying premade coils for.

Pros, Cons, and Final Thoughts:

Pros:

• Well built, water, dust, and shock resistant

• Versatile with different modes and features

• Fast charging

• Somewhat long battery life for a small unit

• Nice small size and pocket friendly

• Easy refill tank

• Good flavor and vapor production

• Pass through so it can be used while charging
    Cons:

• Not sure if this is really a con but I don’t much care for the position of the charging port

• Many of my tanks will not screw down flush on the mod
    Final Thoughts:

I did really enjoy this mod and tank combination. It would be a great kit for anyone that wants a solid and durable mod and a tank that operates in the medium wattage range. I like how the mod charges quickly. Since I am mostly an rta user, I have an issue with none of my current rtas screwing down flush. I would be afraid to pocket carry the mod with any of my rtas on it as I would be afraid that the connector could break. However, this was sent to me as a kit and when it is used as designed, it functions perfectly.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Great review! I appreciate the puff count being included. I was caught off guard by how good this tank is as well. I’m more loose mtl/ restricted dl. At @1/4 to 1/3 open at 30 watts, the flavor is great! I put all my rtas in for a bath while I tried out the aegis mini kit. This morning, I didn’t have time to coil and wick, so your puff report came in handy. I put a Zenith (fits flush), running at 13 watts knowing I’d get a full day out of the mini. I’m at 197 puffs with half a battery left.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Thanks for the feedback. Just dumb luck that my tanks don’t go flush.
    I’m interested to see if my rtas fit flush. But not interested enough to put them back together :lol:. I’m enjoying this cerberus tank too much right now. Hopefully someone puts the kit on sale for the holiday. I’ll definitely pick up a second and a few boxes of coils.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I’m thinking I’d like a blue one. In all fairness, it was sold as a kit and works well with the included tank.
    True, and for probably the first time, a tank I won’t pif! Blue is my next choice too. Blue, and a tank full of blueberry milkshake ;). This tank does that juice justice!

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I did in fact receive a new Aegis mini from Geekvape and I am a happy camper. My tanks do screw down all the way on the new one. I intend on using one of my Zeus tanks on this mod for a daily driver and am tickled that the zeus does screw down completely.

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread