Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    GeekVape aegis nano 30W Pod Kit 800mAh

GeekVape Aegis Nano 30W Pod Kit 800mA 1.jpg

Geekvape aegis nano Kit is a new Pod device that joins the wide Aegis range. The previous versions (Pod) were the Aegis Boost and the Boost Plus.
    Aegis Nano Kit reaches 30W of maximum power and uses the classic type of disposable cartridges with integrated resistance. The kit includes two cartridges, one with a 0.6Ω resistance and one with a 1.2Ω resistance, both for "Open MTL / RDL" use.
    This small All-In-One device is equipped with IP67 protections; resistant to water, dust and shocks.
    Enjoy the reading

GeekVape Aegis Nano 30W Pod Kit 800mA 2.jpg

The package with which the kit arrived is not the final one, it is a large black cardboard box. On the front it shows the Geek vape logo with the specific "sample" not intended for sale. On the back are listed; the main features, the address of the manufacturer, the logos and trademarks required by law.

GeekVape Aegis Nano 30W Pod Kit 800mA 3.jpg

kit includes:
    • 1 Aegis Nano 30W Mod
    • 1 Pod of 2ml, 0,6Ω Range 20-25W (pre-installed)
    • 1 Pod of 2ml, 1.2Ω Range 11-14W
    • 1 metal chain
    • 1 Pack of spare parts
    • 1 USB cable (type C)
    • 1 user manual

GeekVape Aegis Nano 30W Pod Kit 800mA 4.jpg

Geekvape Nano Kit Specifications:
    • IP67: Tri-Proof
    • Dimensions: 86x33x24mm
    • Weight: 100g
    • E-liquid capacity: 2ml
    • Refill: From the top
    • AFC: Adjustable
    • Display: Oled 0.69 "
    • Battery: integrated 800mah
    • Charging Port: Type-C (1A)
    • Output power: 5-30W (Smart Function)
    • Output voltage: 0.1-6.0V
    • Input voltage: 4.5-5.5V
    • Minimum voltage: 3.2V 土 0.1V
    • Resistance Range: 0.20-3.0Ω
    • Cut Off: 10s

GeekVape Aegis Nano 30W Pod Kit 800mA 5.jpg

Available colours:
    • Light Blue, Red, Yellow, Camouflage Green, Camouflage Silver, Camouflage Blue.
    For this test I received the sample in a fierce Green Camo color.

GeekVape Aegis Nano 30W Pod Kit 800mA 6.jpg

First impressions:
    The box the little device comes in is huge and I think it's a useless waste of material. However, what I received is a sample and the packaging is not the final one that will be placed on the market in large numbers by Geekvape.
    Having overcome this embarrassment, I begin to evaluate Aegis Nano. I am immediately pleased to note that the characteristics common to other Aegis have been maintained, in particular the IP67 Tri-Proof specification.
    This means that Aegis Nano is resistant to water, dust and shocks. Continuing to observe it I see that they are present; a bright, fairly large single-color display, the AFC adjustment, a single Fire button with different functions, the Type-C refill and finally the refilled cartridge from the top that seems to be well made.
    The materials used for the production of this All-In-One Kit are therefore of good quality and the form factor is directly inspired by the Aegis family, such as the stunning Aegis Max 100W pictured below.
    Speaking of appearance; I like the Aegis Nano a lot and although I prefer the classic drip-tips over the "pod-style mouthpieces" I must say that this is aesthetically very convincing on the device.
    Aegis Nano with its sinuous curves appears overall very harmonious in its proportions.

GeekVape Aegis Nano 30W Pod Kit 800mA 7.jpg

Portability:
    Made of durable zinc alloy, Aegis Nano is extremely compact and portable. The device is incredibly small. Its dimensions are comparable to those of a lighter, the weight of the kit is about 100g.
    Aegis Nano gives a very pleasant tactile feedback. The soft rubber on the edges, the smooth zinc alloy frame and the silky leatherette insert create an excellent mix of materials between them.

GeekVape Aegis Nano 30W Pod Kit 800mA 8.jpg

Side view:
    The drip-tip is marked with 3 protruding lines that indicate the point on which to press to remove it from the cartridge. The central protection in hard zinc alloy is screwed to the Mod by means of 2 Torx screws and is on one side bordering the shockproof rubber and on the other with the imitation leather camouflage insert.
    The Fire key is the same color as the rubber it is placed on and has 3 decorative lines on it. On one side, the word "Nano" appears at the bottom, on the other side "Aegis".

GeekVape Aegis Nano 30W Pod Kit 800mA 9.jpg

Front and back view:
    The dark color screen occupies most of the front section and incorporates a 0.69 "monochrome display, reading is facilitated by enlarged and bright fonts.
    On the display we can read this information; battery charge status, selected power, resistive value, Volt and puff counter.
    At the top there are two small square holes on which the lanyard with chain (supplied) can be applied to wear the Aegis Nano around the neck.
    On the back the zinc alloy grille embraces the camouflage insert in a harmonious way as on all Aegis. At the top is the AFC adjustment with a practical metal slider.

GeekVape Aegis Nano 30W Pod Kit 800mA 10.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: Javichu

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    AFC:
    The regulation of the air even by closing the slider is not able to restrict the passage sufficiently for a valid Restricted-MTL vape. The flow that creates this AFC is instead perfect for RDL vaping. However, being a lover of the "Open MTL" vape, I find the AFC system good (for me) also in this respect.

GeekVape Aegis Nano 30W Pod Kit 800mA 11.gif

Top and bottom view:
    On the bottom of the compartment / pod there are; 2 magnets, 4 Phillips screws and 2 electrical contact pins. The flat bottom of the compartment has a fairly accessible profile and allows easy cleaning of the annoying traces of condensation that inevitably form with prolonged use and must therefore be periodically eliminated.

The bottom of the Mod is rubbery, so it eliminates the noises when resting on the surfaces, it also guarantees good stability in an upright position.
    On the bottom are the specifications of the battery, the place of origin and the manufacturer (Geekvape). The 1A Type-C charging port is protected by a silicone plug with IP67 specifications.

GeekVape Aegis Nano 30W Pod Kit 800mA 12.jpg

Nano Pod:
    The cartridge with a capacity of 2ml has a convenient refill from the top. For this operation it is not necessary to remove the tank from the mod, just press the plastic "mouthpiece" sideways and lift it. We will then find the silicone tab to access the filling slot.

GeekVape Aegis Nano 30W Pod Kit 800mA 13.gif

With the pod inserted, the visual check on the level of liquid present inside is not exceptional, in fact only a small transparent space remains between the mod and the cartridge.
    The bottom of the cartridge has 2 magnets mirroring those present on the mod and the characteristics of the integrated coil are always indicated on the bottom.
    In the kit there are two different types of "disposable" pods, one has a resistive value of 0.6Ω with a 20-25W range and the other has a 1.2Ω resistance with an 11-14W range of use.

GeekVape Aegis Nano 30W Pod Kit 800mA 14.jpg

Operation Guide:
    Through the single button (fire) it is possible to control all the functions of the mod. The device automatically recognizes the inserted resistance through the intelligent function of the chipset and automatically sets the best wattage.
    • Power on / off: 5 clicks on the button in quick succession
    • Power Adjustment: 3 clicks and the wattage flashes. Press the fire button and the power increases by 1W at a time from 5 to 30W. Long press the button for
    quickly increase the selection. When you reach 30w, press the button to restart from 5W
    • Puff reset / reset: 4 clicks and the puff number will flash. Press the button once to cancel or press once again to restore the previous number of puffs.
    • Lock / Unlock: 2 clicks to lock / unlock the key. In the lockout state, only the shutdown operation is valid.
    • Exit setting mode flashing: Wait 3 seconds to confirm and automatically exit setting state.
    • HW version information: 5 clicks to shut down, while shutting down press and hold the key for 2s and the HW version number will be displayed on the screen.

Safety protections:
    • Short circuit protection
    • Open circuit protection (no atomizer)
    • Low voltage protection (low battery)
    • Overheat protection
    • Protection from autofire (10s-cutoff)

800mAh internal battery:
    A full charge cycle takes about 45 minutes. The management of this small battery seems very respectable to me.
    With the 0.6Ω coil at a constant 20W I managed to do 150 Puffs
    With the 1.2Ω coil at 12W constant I managed to do 224 Puff.

GeekVape Aegis Nano 30W Pod Kit 800mA 15.jpg

Final conclusions:

For the vape test I prepared my liquid with concentrated aroma Hypnos Tob, diluted to 10%, VG-PG 50/50, boost concentration 2mg/ml.
    The performance of Aegis Nano kit is truly remarkable especially with the 0.6Ω coil for Hit and aromatic yield.
    Of course it is necessary that the user is not compulsive for obvious reasons of battery life (800mAh are not many).
    However, it is possible to make a good number of puffs before recharging (I made 150 at 20W).
    Considering that the Puff RDL is very satisfactory even with the 1.2Ω resistance you can expect to do at least 70-80 more puffs before recharging the battery.
    The resistors are able to activate even at considerably lower Wattages than those indicated by Geekvape, however it is in their range that they nebulize the steam at best, on some occasions (Compulsive vaping) the 0.6Ω could emit a lot of heat, but the single Puff well sequenced over time (sober vaping) is in the spirit of the device and in this perspective will give you a lot of satisfaction.

I would recommend Aegis Nano 30W to those who, with a sober and non-compulsive approach, are looking for a satisfying type of RDL vape with a device that is; pocket size, beautiful, easy to use and sturdy built with premium materials.
    Thank you for reading and I leave you my usual strengths / weaknesses table.

Pro:
    • Tri-Proof device (IP67)
    • Compact dimensions
    • Captivating aesthetics
    • Good quality of the materials used
    • Very clear and very bright OLED display
    • Chipset with intelligent automatic best wattage setting function
    • Very high RDL aromatic yield with fruity and creamy liquids
    • Quick and convenient refill from the top
    • Good management of the small battery (224 puffs with the coil from 1.2Ω to 12W constant)
    • Good charging speed (45 minutes)

Tips:
    • Condensation in the compartment/pod, that requires periodic cleaning.

Thanks to Geekvape for sending me the product for free in exchange for my honest evaluation.
    Geekvape Nano

GeekVape Aegis Nano 30W Pod Kit 800mA 16.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread