hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello again. I’m back today with another review for a new Geekvape product. Actually it’s two products that are similar enough that I’m going to combine them into one review. These new products are the Aegis One and Aegis 1FC. I don’t know if you are aware but Geekvape is an official partner of the Paris Saint-Germain FC. I don’t follow soccer but am thinking this is a big deal for them. The One and 1FC are very similar in appearance and operate similarly but the difference lies in the battery capacities and how they can be charged. The One has a capacity of 780mah while the 1FC has a capacity of 550mah but can be charged in 15 minutes using a fast charger. As far as I know this is the third device that Geekvape has released that is fast charging.

JYrnRL5.jpg

hYqqZsP.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

I am not exactly sure how these will be packaged for retail so will just show what I received for the review. I am assuming they will be sold separately although the review sample I received contained both pod devices and two pods of different resistance.

After writing the above statement, I discovered that the retail version will include one mod, two pods, charging cable and user manual.

upload_2021-11-25_8-37-10.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

937SFYc.jpg

FEATURES:

First vape pen of Aegis Series

Aegis 1FC: Fully charged in 15 mins; Aegis ONE: 2 days use after fully charged

Special ‘S-shaped’ airway

Aegis hallmarked drop performance

Leakproof pod

Multi-use button

Differences between 1FC & ONE: 1FC: Fast charge function – ONE: Bigger battery

1FC: 3 Indicating LEDs – ONE: 1 LED

2zgxAzF.jpg

dWW8Fvj.jpg

Paw6OK2.jpg

tC4QGt1.jpg

O7yNbV0.jpg

Xs910jk.jpg

cV6qspy.jpg

riF0RJe.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the samples that I received was in the very nice reviewers sample. I’m pretty sure that this will not be the same for the retail packaging. Once the top is removed there is an orange flap that has a nice message on it from Geekvape. I lifted the flap and was impressed with the appearance of the 1FC and the Aegis One. Each was displayed nicely in a foam insert with the two included pods in the center.

As you can tell from the picture below, the silver with the denim look backing on it is the 1FC and the black one with the leather backing is the Aegis One.

upload_2021-11-25_8-43-39.png

upload_2021-11-25_8-43-55.png

upload_2021-11-25_8-44-13.png

The Aegis One and 1FC are the first pen style vape devices of the Aegis series. The body of the devices is made of zinc alloy to make it more resistant to shocks/drops and more scratch resistant.

The Geekvape name is stamped into one side of the devices which is pretty much it as far as branding on them. I do like them keeping with the Aegis design in having the padded backing whether it’s the blue denim or the black leather.

On what I would call the left side is the fire button. Both devices can be activated by pressing the fire button five times. Also both can be fired by either pressing the fire button or can be auto draw activated. T

There are three available power levels on either unit. The power level on either device is changed by pressing the fire button three times. The three levels are indicated as follows:

- High – Green: 3.5V

- Medium- Blue: 3.3V

- Low- Red: 3.1V

The fire button is on what I would call the left side if you are facing the skinny side with that has the LED or LEDs on it depending on whether you are using the One or 1FC.

ubdTRzj.jpg

Fojhorx.jpg

wo5yUjn.jpg

E0flRjM.jpg

The USB-C charging port is on the bottom of either mod so they cannot stand up while charging which is no big deal to me. The 1FC can be charged in 15 minutes which is a nice feature. The One will take longer if for no other reason than the increased battery capacity. The bragging point of the One is that it is good for two days use. I think that really depends on the person using it depending on length of draw and frequency of vaping by that person.

Both mods weigh in at 70g while the 1FC has a 550mah battery and the One has a 780mah battery. Both are rated at 5V/2A charging rate.

upload_2021-11-25_8-48-8.png

The pods included in the kit that I received are .8 ohm rated at 12-16 watts and 1.2 ohm rated at 8-12 watts. This of course depends on the battery level setting.

The pods are both clear to make it easy to see the liquid level and are also top fill by pushing off the mouthpiece which I greatly appreciate. To me a top fill pod is a very nice feature. The larger hole on one side is for filling while the smaller hole on the opposite side is a vent. Don’t put liquid in the center hole or you will flood the coil.

The pod only goes in one way as does the mouthpiece since it is angled down on one side. On the pod itself there is a rectangular protrusion on one side with three horizontal notches that faces the outside of the pod where the cut out is.

A word of warning, make sure the mouthpiece is snapped on completely or you will get a mouthful of liquid. When I first got the kit I made the mistake of not having the mouthpiece on all the way with the 1FC and it was not pleasant. No fault but my own. Just user error.

upload_2021-11-25_8-48-58.png

upload_2021-11-25_8-49-16.png

upload_2021-11-25_8-50-17.png

upload_2021-11-25_8-50-48.png

upload_2021-11-25_8-51-42.png

The pods use a special S type airway that makes smoother airflow and is supposed to increase throat hit. I can’t really say that I noticed the increase but the liquid I was using doesn’t really have a lot of throat hit.

aegis-1fc-06.gif

FINAL THOUGHTS:

The design and build quality of the Geekvape Aegis One/1FC are fantastic in my opinion. They have a great hand feel and work well whether you use them with button activation or auto draw.

I felt like I got good battery life from both and what’s not to like about being able to charge the 1FC in 15 minutes. Since I received both for the review I tried the .8 ohm pod in the 1FC and the 1.2 ohm pod in the Aegis One. Both pods had good flavor production and generous vapor production. The flavor wasn’t the best I’ve ever had but it was good for a pod device. The draw on the 1.2 pod was a little tighter and better for a MTL experience while the .8 pod was a looser draw but I like an airy MTL so it was a good fit for me. I found the mouthpieces to be quite comfortable.

I do kind of wish that Geekvape had been able to incorporate an airflow control into these two mods to make them a little more versatile for different users. I had zero leaking or condensation during my time testing them. It seems like companies are getting better and better at eliminating leaking issues. I very much dislike leaking so greatly appreciate it when a device is designed so well that it doesn’t seep and there is little or no condensation.

I’d like to thank Geekvape and Allison for sending the Aegis One and 1FC for this review. Also a big thanks to those of you readers that made it to the end of another one of my reviews. Below are links to the Geekvape website.

Geekvape ONE | Aegis | Geekvape – Pursue a Healthy Vaping Experience. Official Partner of Paris Saint-German

Geekvape 1FC | Aegis | Geekvape – Pursue a Healthy Vaping Experience. Official Partner of Paris Saint-German

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    Thanks. I try to be honest. It was decent but I’ve had better from a pod.
    Your honesty is why I read your reviews.
    Awhile back you did a review on the Vaporesso Swag PX80, based on that I bought one and it's one of my favorite devices.

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Your honesty is why I read your reviews.
    Awhile back you did a review on the Vaporesso Swag PX80, based on that I bought one and it's one of my favorite devices.

I’m so glad you like it. I would hate to recommend something and people don’t like it or it’s junk.

Reactions: dennism

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Great review buddy,pod like devices aren't my cup of tea but i still enjoyed reading it.

cheers :)

I use pods at work for stealth so can make use of them but it seems like the market is flooded with them now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread