Not open for further replies.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Ultimate Aegis weapon, like it a lot!
Lets start with, images by official site:

Product Details
  1. GB88-Aegis-X网页-new_01.jpg

The Legendary Aegis is now back with 2.4” OLED display screen, designed with durability
    and user experience, Aegis X is the most advanced dual battery device to date.
    Powered with the new AS 2.0 chipset that is twice more powerful and accurate.
    GB88-Aegis-X网页-new_03.jpg

Ultimate Beast
    A.Unibody 510 connecter, robust quality
    B.Optimized button positions for single-hand operation
    C.Up to 6 high-grade materials to improve durability and user experience
    GB88-Aegis-X网页-new_05.jpg

AS 2.0 Chipset

GB88-Aegis-X网页-new_07.jpg

2.4” OLED screen for a vivid display

GB88-Aegis-X网页-new_09.gif

IP67 water, shock and dust protections,worry-free for rains or dropping by accident

GB88-Aegis-X网页-new_10.jpg

USB charging & firmware upgrade

GB88-Aegis-X网页-new_12.jpg

Included in the kit is the Cerberus sub-ohm tank which is optimized by the ultimate
    Super Mesh coil that maximizes heating contact surface area in order to provide maximum
    the flavor and large vapor production.
    Super Mesh Coil is compatible with the Aero Mesh tank and Cerberus tank.
    GB88-Aegis-X网页-new_14.jpg

Aegis X, uhm,

Well after a week of use, and 3 tanks comparison on this babe, the fact that this mod amazed me more than expected, I could say it worth the high price tag given by its manufacturer, I will just replace the current and reliable cerbeurus tank for the amazing Zeus Sub, that will be best bundle / kit ever!

Here is the sample i got!
upload_2019-10-18_19-5-15.png
upload_2019-10-18_19-5-38.png

General comments:

the feel, shape and also screen are amazing, is well sized, shared mostly the same feel on hand and comfort of the aegis legend, also the top base is mostly the same, with a few interesting points, I like a lot this babe since I done have any specific grabing preference, for example there are some vapers that like thumb firing, others like other ways, I done have a particular problem, also bottoms and screen are well placed for conform, handy information and access, let’s see the main features on this:

5 clicks will turn on this beast, 3 clicks will change the presets on this order: M1 til M4 memory presets, with 1 more click you could swap over this modes: VPC, By Pass, SS, ni, ti TCR, TCR/TCR and last but not less Power mode, another click will scroll you down coil and another more into last cell, Puff, while into this menu you will have to press and hold down + / - bottoms for accessing the auto / theme / color / version/ Battery or Reset menu presets, move down or up with the bottoms +/- and click power to enter and change your desired settings, this is a weird or not that easy access place for most vapers, so maybe GeekVape should re-think about making a little contact card with miscellaneous settings for this chip /mod and make this info available for most users, also I hope they launch a template to make and customize your own menu themes, since the device have this big screen!

Kit: Cerberus atty and the provided stuff!

The kit comes as stated before with a Cerberus atty, spare glass, o-rings and quite few accessories like 1 screen protector film.

The tank performance is amazing for a little atty like this one, so far the unique thing that makes me dunno, wonder why?! Maybe… is that… GV recently launched an amazing sub-ohm tank, Zeus sub, which performs quite for being a simple Sub-ohm tank, flavor, design and overall look is insane so, my main question is why they used Cerberus on this almost $100 kit when a better Sub-ohm is on their next corner, any way, performance, coil life and clouds with Cerberus tank will be acceptable, bout again, could be better with the zeus for the claimed tag, I got it for review so, I'm glad to try this and also enjoy the provided atty and coils, you will get decent fad clouds and amazing flavor close 55W on this Cerberus tank, beyond 75W the coils will not last more than a few days, so address that If you are a high wattage lover!

They ship a screen protector plastic cover, I do wonder how much scratch resistant the screen will be, the provided screen protector film included or pre-installed lasted me a week, decided to use it without it! Beware on yours, if you are pocket mod carrier, or if you store in near other items, mods or cellscages.

I'm pretty sure the big screen will take a little consumption if we compare this over the older Aegis Legend, the main difference is the AS chip, both have different versions due launch date, the aegis legend uses the: AS advanced micro ship, colored display and some other monky options, little screen and and rapid fire time!

The Aegis X takes advantage of the AS 2.0 chipset, this one shows a quite fast fire time, some modes like soft, normal and Powerful for Power, and some other modes, I truly believe the battery consumption on this device is affected a bit by screen but managed and saver due the new chipset, that’s why we would see part 2 on this review, Aegis Solo VS Aegis X using the same zeus single, same coils and batteries for a few days, stay tuned!

the tank comes with a 22mm tank but will take bigger tanks, I did tried to see how it fits a few, themis RTA dual coil, Creed RTA and revolver RTA, also looks sexier with the Zeus X, nice upgrade on the bottom line, RTA on this will blown amazing clouds! And flavor, well decided the lasts days of my current coils to be tried on the Aegis X to endure my Zeus X!

Final Thoughts:

Amazing kit, nice design that fit on hands naturally, a really nice shape to hold and vape the whole day!

The mod is like the whole aegis lineup: water, dust and shock proof, personally I didn’t tried the shock tests, haven’t dropped it, but it is waterproof (yesterday water decided to check the waterproof feature by mistake, left it close by rain lol… here is rocking! ) bottoms are hard enough to avoid miss-fires, a well made kit that will be close the $100 tag and performs amazingly, looks so sexy and for sure will bring big fad clouds to your vapelife; Several amazing color schemes to try (honestly I love the black / black one, but they sent me the black / rainbow one that I really like it since is most purple faded scheme over rainbow) and several settings to play with, the preset mode and memory modes are amazing for advanced vapers that like some settings according a tank preference!

Pretty pleased to review and give some feedback over this amazing kit, well, to bring two reviews since this one will have another part coming! Stay tuned!

upload_2019-10-18_19-6-35.png

Special thanks to: , I truly hope my review will help people considering getting this mod, is definitively a item that will not be one more on your collection, will be the #1 mod!

Feel free to comment, share and bring your input here! Nice clouds my friends!

Regards,

Reactions: Mowgli

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Hi, I'm making some final tests on aegis X Vs Aegis legend performance comparison and battery drain, I don’t have that much tools to try and measure, but as costumer and vaping lover, did try myself on the easiest way, build 2 RTA’s, same wire, same coil same cotton, started using both at the same wattage, trying to vape as usual, got some interesting results… a funny road to some interesting results!

upload_2019-10-31_11-50-43.png

Test setups:
2x Geekvape Zeus single
2x quadcore ni80 claptons,
2x cotton bacon strips
4x LG HG2 18650 3000mah cells

Regards,

Last edited:
Reactions: hittman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread