Geekvape Aegis X Kit Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Adams

Oct 30, 2019
5E41054C-9F75-47CC-973F-EC31BDC1F67F.jpeg

• Aegis X Mod •

Okay so first and foremost Geekvape have very much made a name for themselves with the Aegis range for being pretty much one of the most sturdiest and basically most “Life Proof” mods on the market. This one is no exception.

Built to last and extremely sturdily built, This mod has been put through its paces by myself and i will explain why. With me having had a seizure holding this and dropped it from hand height from at least 4ft at that time to a solid concrete floor with just a bounce and a small scrape on the metal frame, To me again having another and smacking a wall with this still in my hand... It has bared some cruel times with barely a mark on the glass screen or body itself.

The chipset seems to be very reactive and is somewhat easy to use and can read below the 0.1ohms it states which makes it brilliant for the coil builders/rebuildable users out there. My only gripe could be that it isn’t just your “3 button click does all” customisation to your device and to change colours and themes it’s a LITTLE bit of a faff to change (3 clicks, When highlighted options appear on screen to change mode.... Press and hold the up/down button at the same time until menu appears).

Other than above mentioned the device is built to last, And with its colour options can suit pretty much any atomiser out there up to 26mm in diameter with no overhang. Any larger you may experience a slight lip due to the mild curvature on the edges.

• Cerberus tank

The Cerberus tank is what I received with this kit on this occasion and I must say I’m fairly impressed by it. With a bubble glass equipped the airflow is quite open on full so a turbulent vape but me myself I like a sub ohm tank to be fairly airy. Closing this off does bring you a slightly warmer and restrictive vape if this is what your preference is. Can imagine this would help bring out some flavours in some nice desserts/custard juices in your arsenal. The refill method has a “Quarter Turn” mechanism and has some ample sized kidney shaped holes to fill your juice up into with ease and zero mess. The coil life I got whilst using cold fruit based juices I’ve gotten about 1 to 1.5 weeks on which is fairly standard on coil life but flavour from the SuperMesh 0.15 ohm coils is superb.

• Overall •

My thoughts on this device are that there are genuinely no cons other than what I’ve listed about a very slightly figit inducing menu for customising your screen colours (Not really anything major) and rubbery texture attracts a bit of pocket fuzz (nothing that’s not wipe-able), This device is a well thought out addition to the Aegis series of devices and is completely life proof EVEN with a large screen this has still withstood a fair amount of punishment. If you are looking for a life proof work device or are slightly clumsy and are looking to not break another mod - This needs to be added to your list of “Kits to buy” straight away.

8.5/10 without question

https://www.facebook.com/GeekVape/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread