Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello folks back with another review on a new kit from GeekVape. The Aegis X mod is the successor of the popular Legend mod with some notable differences, mainly the massive 2.4 OLED display screen and a new menu system with a few new added features while still having a IP 67 rating. The Aegis X is paired with the Cerberus sub ohm tank included in the kit.

GB88-Aegis-X%E7%BD%91%E9%A1%B5-20191018_01.jpg

COLOR CHOICES

Geekvape-Aegis-X-200W-TC-Mod_0065053c30ff.jpg

KIT CONTENTS

5.5ml Standard Edition

• 1 x Geekvape Aegis X MOD
    • 1 x Cerberus Sub-ohm Tank 5.5ml(Pre-installed: Super Mesh X1 Coil 0.2ohm, bubble glass 5.5ml)
    • 1 x Extra Super Mesh X1 Coil 0.2ohm
    • 1 x Spare Regular Glass Tube 4ml
    • 1 x USB Cable
    • 1 x Spare Parts Pack
    • 1 x User Manual
    2ml TPD Edition

• 1 x Geekvape Aegis X MOD
    • 1 x Cerberus Sub-ohm Tank 2ml(Pre-installed: Super Mesh X1 Coil 0.2ohm, straight glass 2ml)
    • 1 x Extra Super Mesh X1 Coil 0.2ohm
    • 1 x Spare Regular Glass Tube 4ml
    • 1 x USB Cable
    • 1 x Spare Parts Pack
    • 1 x User Man

20191001_123813 (1).jpg

FEATURES AND SPECS OF THE AEGIS X AND THE CERBERUS TANK

• Shock Resistant
    • Water Resistant - IP67 Rating
    • Dust Resistant - IP67 Rating
    • Powered by New AS 2.0 Chipset
    • Dimensions: 3-1/2" x 2" x 1-1/8" (Without Tank)
    • 510 Threaded
    • Output Wattage: 5.0 - 200.0W
    • Temperature Control: Nickel 200 (Ni200), Titanium (Ti), Stainless Steel 316 (SS316), TCR Mode
    • Temperature Control: 100 - 315C / 200 - 600 F
    • Resistance Range: 0.05 - 3.00ohm
    • New Soft, Standard, and Powerful Modes
    • Stealth Mode
    • Faster Response Time
    • More Accurate and Stable Power Output
    • Optimized Button Placement for Single Hand Operation
    • 2.4" OLED Color Display Screen
    • Requires (2) High Amp 18650 Batteries (Sold Separately)
    • *We recommend an external charger for optimal charging*
    • Bottom Battery Door Cover
    • Micro USB Charging Port with Silicone Plug
    • Short Circuit Protection
    Please note: Temperature control requires the use of nickel, titanium, or stainless steel coils.

Features and Specs for GeekVape Cerberus Tank:

• Dimensions: 1-13/16" x 15/16" (Including Drip Tip and Threads)
    • Diameter: 27mm
    • Gold Plated 510 Contact Pin
    • E-Liquid Capacity: 5.5ml
    • Top Fill Design With Twist Off Cap
    • Bubble Glass Tank
    • Dual Airflow Slots
    • Bottom Adjustable Airflow Control Valve
    • Ultra Wide Bore Drip Tip
    • Compatible with SMOK Baby Beast Atomizer Heads
    • Utilizes Aero Mesh Atomizer Heads for Variable Wattage
    • Includes (2) Aero Super Mesh X1 Kanthal 0.2ohm Atomizer Head (Pre-installed) (30 - 90W)

OLED VIVID 2.4" TFT DISPLAY SCREEN

Pictures can't really show the HD quality of the display screen ( AMAZINGLY VIVID )

3 DIFFERENT THEMES TO CHOOSE FROM AND 5 DIFFERENT COLOR SCREENS

GB88-Aegis-X%E7%BD%91%E9%A1%B5-20191018_09.gif

IP 67 RATING

GB88-Aegis-X%E7%BD%91%E9%A1%B5-20191018_10.jpg

BUILD QUALITY

GB88-Aegis-X%E7%BD%91%E9%A1%B5-new_05.jpg

AS 2.0 CHIPSET

GB88-Aegis-X%E7%BD%91%E9%A1%B5-20191018_07.jpg

USB PORT FOR CHARGING AND FIRMWARE UPGRADE ( LOCATED CONVENIENTLY ON TOP )

GB88-Aegis-X%E7%BD%91%E9%A1%B5-20191018_12.jpg

CERBERUS TANK

5.jpg

Big-sale-original-Geekvape-Cerberus-sub-ohm-tank-for-Nova-mod-with-5-5ml-tank-and.jpg

20191001_125303.jpg

X1 COIL

Aegis-X-Kit-22.jpg

11111803_M15_1024x1024@2x.jpg

TURNING THE DEVICE ON AND OFF IS 5 CLICKS OF THE POWER BUTTON

MENU SYSTEM

The Aegis X uses 5 presets that you can customize yourself. M1, M2, M3, M4, and M5

Getting to the presets is done by pressing the power button 3 times which will highlight the preset, after highlighting resets use the up & down buttons to make adjustments.

Changing to different presets press the power button 3 times and that will highlight the preset , once highlighted pressing the up or down button will move you to the next preset for you to customize.

The Aegis X has 3 power levels to choose from (standard, soft, and powerful ).
    To adjust power levels press the power button 3 times, once the preset you chose is highlighted quickly press the power button again twice and the power level will highlight, then use the up or down buttons to choose your power level, when your power level is set each press of the fire button will move you down the screen for other adjustments.

The Aegis X also has TCR, Power Curve , Bypass,Ti,SS, NI . To access these modes press the fire button 3 times which will highlight the preset press again then use the up or down buttons to get to the mode you want.

LOCKING AND UNLOCKING THE AEGIS X

Press and hold the up & down buttons

BRIGHTNESS CONTROL

To access the brightness control press the power and the up or down button at the same time, the device does not have to be highlighted to make adjustments.

SUB MENU

The Aegis X also has a Sub Menu for further customization for you.

ACCESSING THE SUB MENU

To access the Sub Menu press the power button 3 times then press and hold the up & down button at the same time for 3 seconds and the Sub Menu will appear on the screen then scroll up or down to get to the function you want.

PICTURES OF MY AEGIS X AND CERBERUS TANK

20191005_110935 (1).jpg

20191013_113717.jpg

20191005_110627.jpg

20191005_112110 (1).jpg

20191013_110952 (1).jpg

20191013_113612.jpg

20191005_103512.jpg

20191005_111531.jpg

PROS FOR THE AEGIS X MOD

* Bright Vivid Screen
    * Very Ergonomic
    * Easy Menu System
    * IP 67 Rating
    * Able To Upgrade Firmware
    * Usb Port Location
    * Brushed Metal
    * Great For Vision Impaired People

CONS FOR THE AEGIS X MOD

* Must Use The Screen Protector ( To Avoid Scratching the Screen )

CERBERUS TANK

PROS

* Great Flavor
    * Short Size
    * Great Coil Life
    * Easy Open To Fill
    * Good Airflow

CONS

*Drip Tip ( To Short For Me )

MY IMPRESSION OF THE AEGIS X KIT

Well folks after using the Aegis X and Cerberus tank for about 3 weeks I have to say both the mod and tank are winners. I have used the Cerberus tank in past and always have a couple in rotation so the tank is no stranger to me, coil life is above average along with flavor for the tank so it's a win / win with the tank but the star of this show is the Aegis X which is the successor of the very popular Legend mod. The 2.4 inch OLED display screen will blow you away with it's vivid bright colors. If any you folks have vision impairments this mod is the one for you. When picking up the Aegis X you get that same feel as the Legend only better. The Aegis X uses a brushed metal that really really makes it look more refined as well as classy, these little refinements really add to the mods great look IMO.

The menu system has changed and includes a few more features including 5 presets that you can customize to your liking, it's a new menu but very easy after you've done it a few times. Having 3 power levels should satisfy everyone's taste including the power curve feature that works well. The AS 2.0 chip gives a instant ramp up with stable power output.

So folks you ask do I like the Aegis X and the answer is no I LOVE THIS MOD it has performed flawlessly for me and I think it will check all your boxes also. I would like to thank Carrie and GeekVape for providing this kit for review.

I hope this review has helped anyone that is thinking about picking up the Aegis X Kit.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Nice review!! LOL the tank probably not for me but you know how I love my giant mods with a 9 watt tank on top. Heh.

Thanks for the review, it was great. Loved all the pics.
    Anna
    It's definitely Anna proof, please don't take that the wrong way. :D Battery life would last you for days but your recent win will give you that, congrats again.

• Love
    Reactions: stols001

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Great review @bigbob2322 :D
    Very Nice mod, I'm not a sub-ohm man so the tank may be a bit much:shock:
    But I Really like the X;)
    Did you notice much difference between the Soft, Standard, and Powerful Modes?
    As much as Asmodus mods?(sorry to mention a rival brand Geekvape)!!

Rob B.

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 24, 2019
    goodbye
    I fixed my Asmodius stabwood mod. So happy! I mean the stabwood is nice, but like.... I guess the EXPENSE is what annoyed me. Another Asmodius gave me the "Update or DIe, paltry human," message and I dispiritedly took of the tank (no leaks) and sort of dispiritedly pried at the 510 pin. Then shoved the batteries back in. BOOM. So same with the stawbood and it's a really nice VAPE.

So I seem prone to these problems but I need to let y'all know the fix, if you need one.

Okay. I killed the screen on my first V3 freaking SQUID. I thought that was impossible. I had a freaking Zenith on top it's not like there was leaking. I suck so bad. It's still vaping fine, my plan is to vape it (I hardly ever change the settings on the Zenith tanks) until it won't vape, then change the batteries end do that until well, something goes wrong. I men, I am sure it will eventually but right now I am enjoying "Blind vaping" or trying.

I suck. This is a nice quiet place to make my fist confession. Maybe. IDK. GOD.
    Anna

thinking.gif

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Great review @bigbob2322 :D
    Very Nice mod, I'm not a sub-ohm man so the tank may be a bit much:shock:
    But I Really like the X;)
    Did you notice much difference between the Soft, Standard, and Powerful Modes?
    As much as Asmodus mods?(sorry to mention a rival brand Geekvape)!!
    Not a big boost ( powerful ) or drop ( soft ) but just enough to make a difference.

Rob B.

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 24, 2019
    goodbye
    Implauisbly my SQUID display just came BACK.

IDK maybe there is a stealth mode, but I highly doubt it.

it's like I'm going backwards in time. I'll take it.

Anna

Hi Anna. I love you lady and always enjoy your posts, and I mean no disrespect whatsoever when I ask this, but you do know that this is a review thread for The GeekVape Aegis X kit....right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread