Not open for further replies.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
had this wee thing for a month or so but don't think i ever showed it. we get on ok for the most part. relatively new to RTAs (and vaping generally i suppose) but find wicking this quite awkward compared to my other tanks. purely a personal thing i'm sure. once i do get the wicks in it vapes well though i'd maybe like it to be a bit more airy. i do like the refilling method with the lever that swings out to expose the holes. had no leaking issues either. not exactly a review just a few thoughts about it.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Highwayman

May 24, 2017
There are a few vids online that can help with the wicking, then it becomes a bit of an art through practice. I think its great, its not my daily now, but was for some time, until i got a VandyVape Kylin.
If you trim the wicks on the avocado in a certain way it wicks fast and doesnt leak (never has leaked, unlike this Kylin!) Tastes great too. But i always poke a gap in one wick hole to allow the air to escape, not too big though. The wicks only go into the wick holes, not into the tank, just into the holes. There will hardly be any wick in the tank when i do it right.
I combined a few tips from watching different vids, whatever works for you but what ive mentioned seems to be the right way for me ;)

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
There are a few vids online that can help with the wicking, then it becomes a bit of an art through practice. I think its great, its not my daily now, but was for some time, until i got a VandyVape Kylin.
If you trim the wicks on the avocado in a certain way it wicks fast and doesnt leak (never has leaked, unlike this Kylin!) Tastes great too. But i always poke a gap in one wick hole to allow the air to escape, not too big though. The wicks only go into the wick holes, not into the tank, just into the holes. There will hardly be any wick in the tank when i do it right.
I combined a few tips from watching different vids, whatever works for you but what ive mentioned seems to be the right way for me ;)

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
yeah...this is the third time i've wicked the avocado. wick just sitting into the holes and not the tank (unlike my very first effort...long tails!).
the last time and this time have been successful but i just find it fiddly compared to the other 3 RTAs i have (that number is about to get rather larger...). still finding my way though and thanks for your tips. any advice is always appreciated.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
had this wee thing for a month or so but don't think i ever showed it. we get on ok for the most part. relatively new to RTAs (and vaping generally i suppose) but find wicking this quite awkward compared to my other tanks. purely a personal thing i'm sure. once i do get the wicks in it vapes well though i'd maybe like it to be a bit more airy. i do like the refilling method with the lever that swings out to expose the holes. had no leaking issues either. not exactly a review just a few thoughts about it.

I simply love my Avocado's and Avocado G's (have 3 of each). IMO folks make wicking them something dark and mysterious when to me they are very easy to wick.

Try again...

Unlike most I do not over "groom" the wick, no need to if you start with the right amount of wick. Nor do I run it down into the tank. My wicks just barely go through the build deck, get plenty of joose when I tilt the mod to vape. I even have one of my Avo G's set up with a quad coil build. I run it on a dual series batt mech mod (not the Pico it's on in the picture).

avo-6.jpg

picoxquad2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread