Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
upload_2019-8-13_16-14-48.png

I recently received the geekvape bident Pod from Carrie for review. It didn't come with an owner's manual unfortunately, so all information comes from the Geekvape website and You Tube.

Geekvape advertises the Bident as the industry's first pod system with a patent pending dual coil technology. Engineered to produce denser vapor production and richer flavor output.

Equipped with the latest Micro AS chip that supports 3 output modes to allow both MTL (mouth-to-lung) and DTL (direct-to-lung) experiences.

Three adjustable power outputs:

• 3.4 volts/3.6 volts/3.8 volts preset power outputs
  • Press fire button 3X to cycle between each preset voltage output.
  • Five clicks to turn on and turn off the pod mod

950 mAh battery capacity with USB Type C charging port. 1 amp charging rate. 45 minutes to charge from dead to full capacity.

Easy access refill system with attached silicone plug. 3.5 ml e-liquid capacity.

upload_2019-8-13_16-8-38.png

Two different coil specifications available:

• N80 0.8 ohm (14 - 18 watts) for direct-to-lung
  • N80 1.2 ohm (9 - 12 watts) for mouth-to-lung
  • * People with a nickle allergy should probably not vape with these coils
  • The pod can be pried open to expose the coils and wicks should you be so inclined to rebuild your pod. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but I saw this on Mike Vape's review. The chip supports 0.5 ohm to 3.0 ohm.
  • The pods have two bottom airflow intakes on either side of the bottom of the pod. I think you could block one of the intakes with some tape if you find the draw to be too loose for you.

upload_2019-8-13_16-10-17.png

HANDS ON EXPERIENCE
This is just my second experience with a pod system. My first was with an off brand JUUL knockoff. I had to re-learn how to MTL with that setup and it was my first experience with nic salts, both of which took some getting used to.

I didn't have any nic salts to use for this review, so I used a 30pg/70vg free base of 6% nic commercial e-liquid I had on hand, Coastal Clouds Co's Stawberry Daiquiri (stawberry/lime). After filling the pod with this juice, I noticed the pod/mouthpiece was made of a smoked plastic that might be polycarbonate. Polycarbonate plastic is vulnerable to chemical breakdown with cinnamon and some citrus flavors known as "tank crackers", so I will need to keep a close eye on this. Carrie, if you could ask your engineers what type of plastic this is it would be appreciated.

Speaking of the mouthpiece, it is unusually wide to what I am accustomed to. I imagine that I'd get used to it with repeated use.

The 0.8 ohm DTL coil had a surprisingly (to me) open draw and produced quite a lot of vapor for a pod system in my admittedly limited experience with pods. The 1.2 ohm MTL coil had a more restricted draw, but a more open draw than my experience with the Innokin Zenith MTL tank with airflow wide open or the JUUL knockoff. Flavor production was comparable between the two coils. I didn't experience any spitback or dry hits. Both coils seemed to handle my 70vg/30pg liquid well. Although I like the idea of the three power output mode system, I was not able to sense any difference between the 0.2 volts of output settings; your mileage may vary from mine. I think a wider range of preset power outputs would be more useful. Perhaps a whopping 1.0 volt difference.

I'm a DTL vaper, but when using a pod setup I personally would use it as a MTL stealth setup. This pod system makes a LOT of vapor and is not stealthy. That is not neccessarily a con as long as you know what you are getting with this setup.

Adding e-liquid is easily accomplished, but you need a needle nose bottle or a syringe for the small fill hole.

Button placement is comfortable and well placed. It is recessed within the body of the mod and probably wouldn't inadvertantly fire in a pocket, but I always advise turning off your battery device when transporting in a pocket or purse to prevent undesired accidental firing. I think using a USB type C connector port is a welcome choice of connector. I believe its a bit more robust than the regular USB connectors.

I found the typical price for the Bident pod system online to be between $32 - $36.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I didn’t think you could rewick Ni80 because of secondary chemical buildup. Can you replace the wire too? Or just the cotton?
I honestly don't know anything about Ni80. I've never used anything other than kanthal myself. And I didn't take apart the pod, only saw Mike Vapes do it in his review.

All that I can say is with a bit of effort you can get to the coils and wicks. I don't know if Geekvape would approve of rebuilding the coils.

Last edited:

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
View attachment 831847

I recently received the Geekvape Bident Pod from Carrie for review. It didn't come with an owner's manual unfortunately, so all information comes from the Geekvape website and You Tube.

Geekvape advertises the Bident as the industry's first pod system with a patent pending dual coil technology. Engineered to produce denser vapor production and richer flavor output.

Equipped with the latest Micro AS chip that supports 3 output modes to allow both MTL (mouth-to-lung) and DTL (direct-to-lung) experiences.

Three adjustable power outputs:

• 3.4 volts/3.6 volts/3.8 volts preset power outputs
  • Press fire button 3X to cycle between each preset voltage output.
  • Five clicks to turn on and turn off the pod mod

950 mAh battery capacity with USB Type C charging port. 1 amp charging rate. 45 minutes to charge from dead to full capacity.

Easy access refill system with attached silicone plug. 3.5 ml e-liquid capacity.

View attachment 831843

Two different coil specifications available:

• N80 0.8 ohm (14 - 18 watts) for direct-to-lung
  • N80 1.2 ohm (9 - 12 watts) for mouth-to-lung
  • * People with a nickle allergy should probably not vape with these coils
  • The pod can be pried open to expose the coils and wicks should you be so inclined to rebuild your pod. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but I saw this on Mike Vape's review. The chip supports 0.5 ohm to 3.0 ohm.
  • The pods have two bottom airflow intakes on either side of the bottom of the pod. I think you could block one of the intakes with some tape if you find the draw to be too loose for you.

View attachment 831845

This is just my second experience with a pod system. My first was with a off brand JUUL knockoff. I had to re-learn how to MTL with that setup and it was my first experience with nic salts, which took some getting used to.

I didn't have any nic salts to use for this review, so I used a 30pg/70vg free base of 6% nic commercial e-liquid I had on hand, Coastal Clouds Co's Stawberry Daiquiri (stawberry/lime). After filling the pod with this juice, I noticed the pod/mouthpiece was made of a smoked plastic that might be polycarbonate. Polycarbonate plastic is vulnerable to chemical breakdown with cinnamon and some citrus flavors known as "tank crackers", so I will need to keep a close eye on this. Carrie, if you could ask your engineers what type of plastic this is it would be appreciated.

Speaking of the mouthpiece, it is unusually wide to what I am accustomed to. I imagine that I'd get used to it with repeated use.

The 0.8 ohm DTL coil had a surprisingly open draw (to me) and produced quite a lot of vapor for a pod system in my admittedly limited experience. The 1.2 ohm MTL coil had a more restricted draw, but a more open draw than my experience with the Innokin Zenith MTL tank with airflow wide open or the JUUL knockoff. Flavor production was comparable between the two coils. I didn't experience any spitback or dry hits. Both coils seemed to handle my 70vg/30pg liquid. Although I like the idea of the three power output mode system, I was not able to sense any difference between the 0.2 volts of output settings; your mileage may vary from mine. I think a wider range of preset power outputs would be more useful.

I'm a DTL vaper, but when using a pod setup I personally would use it as a MTL stealth setup. This pod system makes a LOT of vapor and is not stealthy. That is not a con as long as you know what you are getting with this.

Adding e-liquid is easily accomplished, but you need a needle nose bottle for the small fill hole.

Button placement is comfortable. It is recessed within the body of the mod and probably wouldn't inadvertantly fire in a pocket, but I always advise turning off your battery device when transporting in a pocket or purse to prevent undesired firing. I think using the USB type C connector ports are a welcome choice of connectors. I believe its a bit more robust than the regular USB connectors.

I found the typical price for the Bident pod system to be between $32 - $36 online.

quite great review, im about to start using my sample, amazing finished product, is amazing to see is easy to take apart i totally believe could be rebuild easy!

it is not a rebuildable Pod, but a disposable pod cartridge.
i truly believe could be rebuild, is not meant, but seems to be able, amazing desing! a RBA pod will be the epic win on this unit lads! but i truly wonder if RBA pod is next step on your pod roadmap!

Regards,

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
it is not a rebuildable Pod, but a disposable pod cartridge.
DO NOT BE WORRIED!
THIS IS GOOD FOR YOUR COMPANY!

A pod that can be rebuilt with annoyance and difficulty is the best possible position to be in as a manufacturer. People won’t actually DO it because it’s a PITA but they will be a lot more comfortable BUYING it because they know that if you suddenly stop making them or some trade war thing goes nuclear of if for some other reason they can’t GET them (in which case they wouldn’t be buying them anyway so you’re not out any money you wouldn’t be making in the first place) they’re not totally screwed. It’s not a competition problem it’s a safety valve. It adds value without production cost.

I’ve seen this happen at least 5 times since I’ve been vaping over the years. A company makes a product. It gets out that there is a way to rebuild it in a pinch. Sales skyrocket and it does really well. Some ..... in the company gets afraid that people are going to not buy as many of their most popular product because it can be rebuilt so they change it so it can’t. Sales plummet and they have to stop making them entirely. It doesn’t increase profits it reduces them. Often to zero.
Again and again and again.

I’ve got a mason jar full of old ce3s somewhere. Why? Because they could be rewicked. It was too much of a pain to actually do so I kept buying them, but I didn’t throw them away either. When I stopped being able to get ce3s I rewicked them and kept using them for maybe a month until I eventually got something else. I kept vaping them instead of just moving on to a slightly better device for maybe a year though because even though there were better vapes the ce3 was still a good value because if I had to I could rewick it.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've not seen the build deck on these pods. It may be relatively easy to re-wick the coils, but actually replacing the coils with those of your own remaking may be an entirely different matter. How are the original coils secured to the deck? Until someone actually accomplishes this successfully I wouldn't recommend trying it myself.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
inspecting my review sample did realize that could be rebuildable, i dont know if maybe is intentionally easy to rebuild or just a lucky double dutty design, i will try my self to review this one soon, try to also rebuild one and see if possible or not, i would totally prefer this unit to be rebuildable, why? like frenzy pod, both feel solid enough, well made, quality pods that will be at your side for years, many brands now days just focus on making on the go and great seller products, we as customers also want an all time items, well made ones that could be at your side for years, rebuildable ones that would not depend or could be compromise by another production line making their coils, we want also stand alone products! why not making that step in epic winning brand records geekvape?

Regards,

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I've got one also for review. I've been busy preparing and getting my daughter to college. I'll try to get a review done this weekend. I'm still using the pod that was already installed and like it quite well. I need to get the other one out and try it to give a fair review of both.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    I've got one also for review. I've been busy preparing and getting my daughter to college. I'll try to get a review done this weekend. I'm still using the pod that was already installed and like it quite well. I need to get the other one out and try it to give a fair review of both.
    havent tried bident pod yet, but decided to start this weekend, the zeus Sub review is right in the next corner, i did like reviewing this babe a lot,

Regards,

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread