Geekvape Blade, scratches on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buendiger

Oct 3, 2018
Hi guys, i just received my new Geekvape Blade mod and it's working absolutely fine and i love it. But i immediately noticed that the screen is all scratched up right out of the box which would be fine if there was a screen protector on it, but i'm not sure if it has one. I've searched online but i can't find anything. So is there a screen protector installed ?
Thank you all in advance for your help,
Leon.

Buendiger

Oct 3, 2018
Don't have the blade. But the Geekvape Aegis I have came with a peel off plastic protector on it. Did you check to see if there was one on the blade. Maybe that is what is scratched up. But the screens all scratch over time
Thank you for your quick response. I've tried scratching from the edges but i really can't get it off (if there actually is a protector). I'm aware that every screen scratches over time, but i litterally just unboxed it.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thank you for your quick response. I've tried scratching from the edges but i really can't get it off (if there actually is a protector). I'm aware that every screen scratches over time, but i litterally just unboxed it.
Hi and welcome,
Your description is useful, but a photo would help the most.

Cheers
I

Buendiger

Oct 3, 2018
Hi and welcome,
Your description is useful, but a photo would help the most.

Cheers
I

20181003_215305.jpg

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
Hi guys, i just received my new Geekvape Blade mod and it's working absolutely fine and i love it. But i immediately noticed that the screen is all scratched up right out of the box which would be fine if there was a screen protector on it, but i'm not sure if it has one. I've searched online but i can't find anything. So is there a screen protector installed ?
Thank you all in advance for your help,
Leon.

Darn! I just looked at mine! There is no screen protector (I tried with tape to discover one). The scratches never bothered me before. The screen visibility is fine and perfectly clear with all the scratches. I never would have known the scratches were there until you squealed on those sneaky buggers. Now I am totally bummed. Thanks.

Just kidding, I love the device and I don't give a hoot if there are a million scritchy scratchey swirls on the screen. I only see the scratches if I put the device through a microscopic inspection at just the right angle. I just ordered a second one. I can check the spanking new one when it arrives (maybe today or tomorrow). But it won't bother me anyways. I love the way the Blade functions and I love the battery options.

Reactions: stols001

Buendiger

Oct 3, 2018
Darn! I just looked at mine! There is no screen protector (I tried with tape to discover one). The scratches never bothered me before. The screen visibility is fine and perfectly clear with all the scratches. I never would have known the scratches were there until you squealed on those sneaky buggers. Now I am totally bummed. Thanks.

Just kidding, I love the device and I don't give a hoot if there are a million scritchy scratchey swirls on the screen. I only see the scratches if I put the device through a microscopic inspection at just the right angle. I just ordered a second one. I can check the spanking new one when it arrives (maybe today or tomorrow). But it won't bother me anyways. I love the way the Blade functions and I love the battery options.
Checking your new one when it arrives would be very nice, thank you!

I would be picking at the edge pictured. It looks like it has a thin screen protector.
View attachment 770971

Cheers
I
I will definitely try it.

Just by the looks of the pics it loiks like a used or return that got mixed up with the new ones. My Aegis came with a peelable protector.... Might oughta get ahold of customer service.

Hmm. I bought the Blade from ebay but it was sealed and definitely new. Everything works as it should, only the screen bothers me.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
On your picture in the southeast of the middle there seems to be a deep nick at the border of the screen cover, kind of like a bear had a go at it before you. Even with a screen protector I wouldn't expect that to go away.
There's a geekvape official in this forum, you could try to contact them (username is Geekvape_Official).

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hmm. I bought the Blade from ebay but it was sealed and definitely new. Everything works as it should, only the screen bothers me.
Mods purchased from EBay have been known to be product returns or refurbished gear. It's not that hard to re-seal gear. This is the reason we don't recommend purchasing batteries or gear from EBay.

Since your product arrived in an apparently pre-used state, I would contact the vendor you purchased it from for a return/refund and leave a comment on the vendor's rating.

Buendiger

Oct 3, 2018
Mods purchased from EBay have been known to be product returns or refurbished gear. It's not that hard to re-seal gear. This is the reason we don't recommend purchasing batteries or gear from EBay.

Since your product arrived in an apparently pre-used state, I would contact the vendor you purchased it from for a return/refund and leave a comment on the vendor's rating.

It was a private auction from a private seller so i doubt that to be honest. The mod feels new and there's nothing wrong with it (no scratches on the side and the top). It's really just the screen.

• Optimistic

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
A film is applied to the plastic during the manufacturing process. We refer to this as the screen protector. I am sure it happens but I have never seen this film removed at the factory on any product. However, even with a 4x magnifying lamp I cannot see it on my Blade. I agree there is something there – the plastic is just way too easy to scratch. I gave up with mine, figure it will start to peel in due time if there is one.

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA

The new Geekvape Blade arrived, packaged just as my previous one did. The box was sealed tight and secure in cellophane. After removing the cellophane, the box had the two tamperproof tabs intact. The screen is not perfect, but does not have all the little scratches like the one that I am currently using.
The Blade that I am using has 181 (never reset) on the puff counter. So it has not been heavily used. The screen on my used one does not differ much from yours (minus the fingerprints).
If you can, don't worry, be happy and enjoy your mod.
There are some things to get all stressed about, and some to take in stride. It is a great mod in my opinion, and it seems you made a good purchase. I know that I did.
It appears that the screen finish may be a bit fragile, but should not affect much else. I just love the feel of the finish on this unit.
Good luck in what you decide to do.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I hope all is well. Private sellers with auctions are sort of what you want to stay away from, IMHO, on ebay, the best thing to find (if you must) is um, legitimate stores which may be backed from the manufacturer and whatnot.

For one, (I hope you checked your authenticity card) but if someone is making money on the side by buying in bulk for less and selling off the mods they don't want to pay for it, well that is reselling and will often void the warranty. Etc.

Convincing fakes are and do get made and sold on Ebay, also. It's just something that happens.

There are a lot of good reasons for buying from a legitimate vape shop even if it's a few dollars more, and without the convenience of fast shipping. Even with seller feedback, it's not always a hundred percent, even if you "got lucky" this time. Sorta. I mean, your mod arrived scratched up and I don't own a blade but my Geekvape stuff does usually have a screen protector. It could have been a manufacturing "oops" but I would do two things: a) contact Geekvape_Official they are usually pretty helpful and b) do enough research next time using whatever online tools work for you in order to obtain your mod from what you are certain is a legitimate vendor. Does it avoid any and all headaches? No, it doesn't but it does at least offer you some protections like a warranty if something goes wrong.

Good luck with it and I hope you enjoy it.

Anna

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA

I will definitely try it.

Yeah after seeing all of the posted pics of this this looks used.. Never buy a Mod or trust anyone selling a Mod on Ebay.... 1) there are too many fakes out there. 2) anyone with the right set up can make any package look new. 3) Geekvape equipment comes with a scratch off label with Authenticity Numbers... Freemax has the same set up on their tanks AND Coils.

When I bought my Aegis, after unwrapping the plastic and before I took the Mod out of the box I scratch off the serial number area and checked the numbers on their website. I did the same with my Freemax Mesh Pro tanks and coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread