Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again folks time to review the Frenzy Kit from Geekvape today. The Frenzy kit is a Pod/Aio kit that's a zinc alloy chassis with a plastic pod that slides into the chassis and is held in place using magnets,on top of the pod sits the drip tip that is proprietary so no changing of the drip tip. The drip tip itself looks and feels like a standard 510 drip tip .

maxresdefault.jpg

The Frenzy comes in some nice color combinations also.

cc_1.jpg

KIT CONTENTS IN STANDARD EDITION

dd_1.jpg

coils PROVIDED IN THE KIT

Frenzykit-NS-mesh-coil.jpg

The coils used in the Frenzy are flint coils, one being 0.7Ω mesh and a 1.2Ω (SS316L). The Frenzy recognizes which coil is installed in the pod using the AS Micro Chipset and will adjust automatically from volts using the 0.7Ω mesh to TC using the 1.2Ω coil.

Frenzykit-AS-chipset.jpg

Installing the coil is done by a simple quarter turn of the airflow selector and pulling straight out of the pod. (NOTE) When changing coils the pod must be empty or your juice will leak right out of the drip tip, this happens because the Frenzy uses the drip tip as the vapor chamber. These coils are tiny so 3 or 4 drops of juice in the center of the coil is all you need to prime the coil.

authentic-geekvape-frenzy-pod-cartridge-w-07ohm-ns-mesh-ka1-12ohm-ns-ss316l-2ml.jpg

The Frenzy has a adjustable airflow dial and can be dialed down to a very tight MTL or fully open for a very open MTL DRAW, in my opinion the frenzy is suited mainly for MTL vapers.

Frenzykit-features.jpg

Filling the pod is simple also by pulling the pod out of the chassis and lifting a rubber plug that exposes 2 holes either hole can be used to fill , i'm glad there are 2 holes so air can escape through one while filling with the other.

20190531_152653.jpg

The Frenzy uses a built in 950 mAh battery that surprisingly last a long time.

To power up the Frenzy is the standard 5 presses of the fire button, 5 presses also turns it off. To change power selections or temperature °F is 3 presses of the fire button for both. There are 3 voltage selections with a color indicating each - white 2.5v, blue 2.7v, and green 2.9v. Temperature °F are white 420°, blue 440° and green 460°. The Frenzy has a easy way to check your battery life using a color system also by pressing the power button 2 times quickly. Green 70-100%,blue 31-69% and red 30% or lower. Fire button, indicator light and usb plug are all on one side of the chassis.

20190529_140148.jpg

MY IMPRESSIONS

I have to say I was very surprised with the Frenzy Pod/Aio because of my past experiences with pod systems being bad ones. I thought another goofy pod system that isn't going to be worth anything vape wise, boy was I wrong . When you look at the Frenzy the first thing you notice is the size (TINY).

20190603_165206.jpg

After pulling off the protective sticker and removing the coil, priming said coil, filling the pod and checking the battery (mine came fully charged) I let it sit for 5 min before trying. I went with the coil that was pre-installed 0.7Ω mesh set at 2.5v and for me it was weak, I then tried 2.7v and it got better, with only 1 setting left I crossed my fingers and went to 2.9v and got a nice vape (happy and surprised). It has been with me in use for a couple of weeks mainly at work during the day , not able to get a full day because of battery size but about 6 or 7 hrs before dying out. I have to say it charges up pretty fast so that's a nice plus also. The flavor is good in my opinion using the 0.7Ω coil and I got about 10 days of life before flavor began to die off. The 1.2Ω coil is ok I prefer the 0.7Ω coil better myself.

I have to be honest in saying that I didn't have high hopes for the Frenzy but it really performed very well for me. I found myself grabbing for it over my regular mod mainly because of how tiny but satisfying of a vape that I get from it. The portability factor is great, I slip it in the top pocket of my shirt and forget about it until ready to vape. I don't have any good experiences using pod systems until this gem came along. There is 1 con I have for the Frenzy, tinting on the pod is too dark to see the juice unless it's held up to light to view it and this is only a 3 mil pod (keep a eye on it easy to forget and let it run dry). I like it and will continue to use it daily. This was a short review because other than power options , coil options and good flavor from a nice simple device so that about does it for now.

I would like to thank Carrie and Geekvape for providing the Frenzy for this review.
    I hope this review helps anyone thinking of getting the Frenzy Kit.

THANK YOU
    bigbob2322

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    @bigbob2322 --- Nice job and excellent review buddy! ;)

It is tiny.
    What kind of life did you get from the coils? I haven't used drop in coils in ????.
    6-7 hours - Thinking that may be plenty for a day out and about, for me.
    I haven't tried any pod system to date but this looks like one I might try.

Thanks!

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    @bigbob2322 --- Nice job and excellent review buddy! ;)

It is tiny.
    What kind of life did you get from the coils? I haven't used drop in coils in ????.
    6-7 hours - Thinking that may be plenty for a day out and about, for me.
    I haven't tried any pod system to date but this looks like one I might try.

Thanks!
    2 weeks and it was going strong flavor just started to drop a little. These coils are super cheap, I think I seen them for $5.00 and some change someplace. That's for a pack of 5.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Another great review....i'm a fan of a lot of these tiny pod devices...they do me for my stealth vape and depending on the look suit me at work meeting too :)
    This is the first one that I really like,size,weight,battery life and good flavor also.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread