Status
Not open for further replies.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Got the Frenzy today. Somehow the USPS mail was delivered today? Weird. Anyway, quick thoughts:

This thing is so much more tiny than I expected. I don't have the Orion or others as context, and this thing is pretty dang small. Love mostly everything about it right now. It does look like they made the magnet stronger or did something to keep it in there better. If you saw the early reviews online, you'll see a lot of people mention that. So I think that gripe is resolved.

I've only been using the .7 coil today and it's pretty intense with 12mg. I have a feeling this coil is made for 6mg. So kinda anxious to ditch it and try the 1.2, since I'm very familiar with that coil from the Flint. But i'm not really sure how soon I can open it up to change coils without losing the juice in there, so I made soldier through to be safe. But it seems good. Nice airflow options and the flavor is solid/fine.

So far everything seems on point. The drip drip, airlfow, and overall vape. My only real con so far is a small one but an fyi for anyone looking at it- I ordered the black carbon fiber, and it's not textured at all and just smooth, so it's really just a carbon fiber "look" which is odd. I wanted to get it mainly for the extra grip, but knowing this now, I might have gone with one of the other fancy looking colors.

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
Thank you for the 1st impressions. Do you know if the 1.2 coils are exactly the same as the 1.2 for the flint? I still have 20 or so 1.2 coils that i had for the flint, but I have seen them seperated on online stores. Was hoping not to have to buy more coils for this if I enjoy it. I should have mine tomorrow, so I should be able to compare the 1.2 coil that comes with it to the ones that i have if i can find a magnifying glass lol. I ordered the black onyx, pretty much the same one that is in all the reviews, but if i like it I am going to get the silver carbon fiber one just to change it up, plus i like black and silver.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
My order came in last night and been using them since. The build quality is very nice. Feels sturdy in the hands. I bought two of them so been using both coils. The flavor is real good on both of them. Probably the best I've had off a pod system. The .7 is warmer while the 1.2 is a cooler vape. That was expected as the higher ohm coil is for the temperature control and was also mentioned in the reviews I've seen. Not sure about coil life as I just got it and never had the Flint.

I have the Orion, the Orion Q, and Trinity Alpha and will say this is the best for a true mouth to lung vape. Not too good for a pure direct long hit but does a restrictive lung hit okay.

Was worried about the connection between the pod and body which is not the best grip. However, the way it is made will not bother me as I never use my pants pockets for these and always grab from the body. If it was in the pants pocket I could see where it could become an issue as it would come off easily.

The only other thing is the fill port. The holes are real small and will not take a glass dropper without making a mess. Learned that the hard way. Wish they had a top fill similar to the others in this body style but oh well, they got most of the other stuff right, not a deal killer for me.

Have the black carbon fiber looking one and the blue resin looking one. Both are a little on the slidey side. I hold them by the body which seems to have better grip so no big deal to me, just something to mention as a first impression.

All and all I am happy with it after a day. If something comes up, will post an update.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Ya, I'm really loving this thing the more time I use it. Interesting that you mention the pod and body connection. Maybe it's just mine, but I feel like it's in there really tight. I can hold it up by just the pod and shake it, and it's not going anywhere. But again, could just be mine.

And agreed about the overall grip. Not a big deal, but I do wish the carbon fiber would have been textured to allow less slip-age. Or maybe more of a matte finish instead of the gloss on the frame.

I was worried about the 1.2 not being warm enough, but since I use my airflow very tight- it's damn warm. I'm only using it at the middle setting. It's almost too warm for me at the top setting, but again I think that's cause of how tight I dial the airflow down.

I think this is a big upgrade from the Flint, and I'm actually going to retire mine, even though I really loved it initially. This thing is a winner for anyone that liked that. The battery not draining the wattage is a huge upgrade alone (I always forget what you call that.)

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Ya, they're the same 1.2's. Don't even look upgraded or anything.

Sooo, I'm wrong. Myvpro had new coils in stock noted as 1.2 SS3, and I got a pack (thinking it was just new branding maybe) but they are marked differently. And I just asked Geekvape on their thread if there are different coils, and they say: "The material for the coil are different. Frenzy 1.2 is made by SS316L, but Flint 1.2 is by N80."

Anyway, there ya go. I don't notice much of a difference using both, but now I'm gonna be on the lookout.

• Informative
Reactions: gerrymi

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Well, mine should be here today. I'm very anxious to see if the MTL performance is any better than the abysmal Orion GO. I know that the Flint is pretty popular with the MTL crowd and since the Frenzy uses the same coils, I am expecting (hoping) it gives a true MTL hit with high nic liquid. I will know this afternoon. :)

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Well, mine should be here today. I'm very anxious to see if the MTL performance is any better than the abysmal Orion GO. I know that the Flint is pretty popular with the MTL crowd and since the Frenzy uses the same coils, I am expecting (hoping) it gives a true MTL hit with high nic liquid. I will know this afternoon. :)
In my opinion, this is the best MTL device of any of this style. They nailed it with this one.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
this pod rocks! i will be comparing it soon with a true mtl rta + temp control o a mod, gonna be builing as close as 1.20ohm coil to be fair on review, but i like a lot this true mtl pod, im not using 0.7 coil, since i like it for salt, a friend is using this babe with salt and 0.7 coil, had a few hits, confirmed bit warm vapor, not as flavor full as TC with SS, but still rocks,

i hate pods came with darken tanks... something i wish changes on future, maybe darken colored tanks help liquid to be preserved and away from sun lights or light at all, filling ports arent that easy to use, but totally leakproof, something really important on most pods, since most of them condense or leak...

Great device, like a lot design and feel on hands, wish they will put a locking fire mechanism, to prevent 100% missfire, but anyway a great product to use, and most to review!

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
this pod rocks! i will be comparing it soon with a true mtl rta + temp control o a mod, gonna be builing as close as 1.20ohm coil to be fair on review, but i like a lot this true mtl pod, im not using 0.7 coil, since i like it for salt, a friend is using this babe with salt and 0.7 coil, had a few hits, confirmed bit warm vapor, not as flavor full as TC with SS, but still rocks,

i hate pods came with darken tanks... something i wish changes on future, maybe darken colored tanks help liquid to be preserved and away from sun lights or light at all, filling ports arent that easy to use, but totally leakproof, something really important on most pods, since most of them condense or leak...

Great device, like a lot design and feel on hands, wish they will put a locking fire mechanism, to prevent 100% missfire, but anyway a great product to use, and most to review!
Interested to hear what you think - I use the True as well, and love it. I won the Frenzy, but not sure when I'm going to get it.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
i was meaning a true "true" mtl rta, ammit mtl rta will be used for this comparison, sadly i sold 3 weeks ago my "True MTL RTA"
guess my writing was bad there!
Regards,
No, your writing was perfect. I just didn't realize how aptly named the EhPro True MTL is named!

• Useful
Reactions: P3ch3

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
Got it this morning, and finally have a Pod system I can use :)

After my experience with the Wocket (I think it’s a defective pod) this was the last shot for these types of vape products. I like the look, top fill, screen, and 3ml capacity of the Wocket better. But the only thing that really matters is how it vapes. The frenzy is great!

I got the 1.6 ohm coils, and run it at the lowest power setting. I vape unflavored nicsalts (DIY) and am very pleased. I don’t normally do this but I just ordered another one, an extra pod, and another 5 pack of 1.6 coils. I mean I really like this :)

The Frenzy will join my Simple EX as my all day vape. With the Minifit doing short trips out of the house duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread