Geekvape Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
No, your writing was perfect. I just didn't realize how aptly named the EhPro True MTL is named!
i had one, then sold it, im sat down on ammit having just but great results, thats why i gonna i plan to put them against each other to endure performance, cloud and the most important 3 things on TC: Dry hits, low liquid consumption and battery life, somthing i have been noticing that is a bit different with some geekvape mods and chips, so will be using 2 mods for TC,

Regards,

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Hi - does anyone know if the Frenzy will work with the 1.6 ohm coils that the Flint can use? It's just that the TC mode for the 1.2 seems quite warm.

According to the web page for the Flint, it looks as though the 1.2 and 1.6 coils both use Nichrome, which isn't for TC - or so I thought. So if I were to use the Flint's 1.2 coil, would the Frenzy try to use it in TC?

I'm sorry, I'm confused. Yet again.

Thanks.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Hi - does anyone know if the Frenzy will work with the 1.6 ohm coils that the Flint can use?
yes, since that coil is kanthal or ni80 would be switched to wattage, but would work!

It's just that the TC mode for the 1.2 seems quite warm.
TC would only work with 1.2 ohm SS coil head, other wise device will be switched to wattage.

So if I were to use the Flint's 1.2 coil, would the Frenzy try to use it in TC?
TC would only work with SS on this mod, and general temp control is only capable with nickel 2000, Ti and SS, other metals will be on wattage....

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
No, your writing was perfect. I just didn't realize how aptly named the EhPro True MTL is named!
i had one, then sold it, im sat down on ammit having just but great results, thats why i gonna i plan to put them against each other to endure performance, cloud and the most important 3 things on TC: Dry hits, low liquid consumption and battery life, somthing i have been noticing that is a bit different with some geekvape mods and chips, so will be using 2 mods for Temp and comparison, i will be using 2 zeus single to match the review! same coil, same cotton, same liquid!

Regards,

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
My Frenzy is in the mais mail as I write this.

I appreciate the Frenzy is fully regulated when compared to the Flint, where the power decreases with the battery voltage.

I have a question for the Frenzy and Flint owners: what happens to the Frenzy if I install a 1.6 Ohm Flint coil?

The website and reviews only make the case for 0.7 Ohm mesh coils and 1.2 Ohm SS coils, no mention about the more common 1.6 Ohm Flint coils...

Edit.
I posted from the second page without scrolling to the end of the thread. I see now my same question had been already asked and answered, so please disregard.
I have two boxes of 1.6 Ohm coils which I plan to use with my latest acquisition. The Flint coils are uber-efficient and long lasting, second only to the Z-coils.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: gerrymi

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Definitely liking the MTL vape on the Frenzy much more than the Orion GO. It's a lot less harsh and seems to be more of a true MTL device rather than a one-size-fits-all-dial-down-the airflow-for-MTL hitter like the Orion. I can dial down the airflow on a Recurve RDA and get a restrictive hit but it still isn't suitable for MTL. The Frenzy is more of a kit designed with MTL in mind and it does it pretty well, IMO.

My only real gripe is the magnetic pod attachment. I had the mod in the pocket of my Carhart shorts - it's like a narrow ruler pocket on the side - and had to grab the mod with just a thumb and index finger. The pod came loose just as the mod cleared the pocket and crashed onto the concrete driveway. Bad news - it now has a few minor battle scars. Good news - it still works and I only paid 25 bucks for it.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
WARNING about using non-TC 1.6 Ohm coils with the Frenzy.
Frenzy device arrived today.
The device works as described with 0.7 and 1.2 Ohm SS coils.
But. When I install the 1.6 Ohm non-TC coil from the Flint, the Frenzy - up to its name - attempts to do temperature control with the Kanthal wire.
In practice, it feeds the same max power on all three settings.
This device has no brain, can't distinguish a TC wire from a non-TC wire, it uses the resistance value of the coil to change from power mode to TC mode.
Me upset.

EDIT :
I wish to recall the warning I posted above.

The Frenzy device that I used for the test is defective.

As soon I tested the 1.6 Ohm coil on a different new Frenzy device, the system behaved as expected, not blasting full power on all settings.

I apologise for the incorrect indication above.

Could be age, lack of luck, or simply, too many pods.

Last edited:

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
WARNING about using non-TC 1.6 Ohm coils with the Frenzy.
Frenzy device arrived today.
The device works as described with 0.7 and 1.2 Ohm SS coils.
But. When I install the 1.6 Ohm non-TC coil from the Flint, the Frenzy - up to its name - attempts to do temperature control with the Kanthal wire.
In practice, it feeds the same max power on all three settings.
This device has no brain, can't distinguish a TC wire from a non-TC wire, it uses the resistance value of the coil to change from power mode to TC mode.
Me upset.
Really sorry to hear about that, but thanks for the useful feedback. I think I'll sit this one out.

Reactions: RayofLight62

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
I think you may have a defective Frenzy, or your older coil may be different than the ones I got when ordering ny two Frenzy’s (my second one came yesterday:) )

I have used nothing but the 1.6 coil now for 5 pod fills. I vape on the lowest power setting, but have played around with all three. When I change the power, the light Changes color, and the vape is hotter and much more vapor. In other words what I would expect. The difference is very pronounced, and I always go back to the lowest setting.

EDIT- on the Geekvape store/site NS Coil - Parts & Accessories Geek Vape Online Store it does state the 1.6 is compatible with the Frenzy. Surely they wold not state that, if it would not work properly. At least I hope not....

Last edited:

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
That behavior is for sure different from mine. Even in the red power setting I even is not “high” output by any means. It’s just various stages of mello for me, what I would expect from a 1.6 ohm coil.

How do the .7 and 1.2 work in yours? I have not even tried them in mine, keeping them as backups.

Reactions: RayofLight62

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
It may be my old age.

I drove to the vape shop and bought a second, Azure Frenzy pod system at almost double the price I paid for the first Lava red from online.

I need to apologise, as the azure one behaves correctly (with a tiny vape generation) with the same 1.6 Ohm coil.

Thanks for the opportunity you gave me for returning your experience, otherwise I would have put aside the Frenzy, which now will replace the Orchid as my companion daily pod.

I'm going to edit the post above and ask for the red lava Frenzy to be replaced.
Again, thanks...

Last edited:

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Using the Frenzy esclusively with the 1.6 Ohm coils now, I also received three spare pods which are good to avoid refilling during the day.
The only downside, the drip tip can become scorching hot at times, due to my style of vaping: multiple puffs while continously firing.
I don't know if I want to try the Wocket too. The Flint coils, for flavor, efficiency and lifetime are way superior to the rest of the pack.
The Frenzy has that feeling of solidity in the hand that the others don't.
The fact that the vaping power can't be continously adjusted bothers me greatly, and it is why I'm still in search mode. If only pod systems had a common interface instead of a zillion of similar but different connections, I would be setting with a Frenzy pod and an Orchid body device.

• Useful
Reactions: gerrymi

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I think I like my Frenzy (need to get my hands on some more pods to test different flavors before I'm sure) but there's one thing I HATE. That's the ultra-dark plastic on the pod. Even backlighting it with a flashlight, I'm never sure if it needs a refill or not.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
I think I like my Frenzy (need to get my hands on some more pods to test different flavors before I'm sure) but there's one thing I HATE. That's the ultra-dark plastic on the pod. Even backlighting it with a flashlight, I'm never sure if it needs a refill or not.
Agree, although this seems to be a thing with most pod systems. Sure is annoying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread