The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Geekvape Frenzy

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by ArminF, Apr 12, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. gerrymi

gerrymi Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    If I used TC to shut off the battery when the Pod was empty...how many Pods would I go through before the battery would need recharging???

• Like Like x 1
  2. RayofLight62

RayofLight62 Super Member ECF Veteran

Vape style has a strong influence on battery duration.
    With my style, battery lasted for two full pods with the Frenzy.
    I do carry a small power bank with me most of the times, to counter low energy situations...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. gerrymi

gerrymi Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Just ran across PBusardo's Review...he says the TC "adjusts the temperature but does NOT control it"...meaning the cotton/coil can burn when the tank goes empty...:shock:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Figs

Figs Senior Member ECF Veteran

I ran mine dry (easy to do since I cannot see fill level) and had to replace the coil. Could not get rid of the burnt taste.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Poeia

Poeia Bird Brain Verified Member ECF Veteran

I haven't had a problem with dry hits or burnt coils, but trying to figure out if I need to fill it is a royal pain. I'm getting a little better with practice but it shouldn't be so difficult. It's a flaw in the design.

ETA: The best way is to hold it upside down, directly in front of a light bulb. Then tilt it once or twice from side to side.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Vapemesilly

Vapemesilly Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    I've been using the Frenzy for a couple of weeks now. I like it. For me, the 1.2 coil didn't last long. It started tasting burnt after just a few days. The .7 mesh coil has been going strong for over a week and still tastes great. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the 1.2 coil using temp control causing it to burn out quicker.

Anyhoo...that's my take on the Frenzy. Gonna buy some .7 coils for it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member

Jan 31, 2019
    San Jose Costa Rica
    actually temp control makes coils last longer for ones, and for others like me on some RTA's they last a ridiculous time... 1 week or so, with the Frenzy pod i have experienced this: 1st coil the one that cames with the kit: 1.2 ohm was strong for 1 week, then had to replace... the new one have 2 weeks rocking flavor has decreased a bit, lets see if this one takes the 3 weeks mark....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maziyar

Maziyar New Member

Jul 23, 2019
    I use frenzy by 1.6 coils but after maximum 10 ml of salt juice the burning smell coming and with other sweat juice after 3 ml same, it's horrible. I don't check yet 1.2 and 0.7.
    Maybe coil life in other coil is ok?
    Please share your experience regarding coil life,.

9. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    The problem is probably the sweat juice. Eeeww.
    JK. Sorry, but I'm still on my second fill, so I can't help with life yet. Sweet juice certainly shortens life, but should last longer than 3 ml. I'm assuming you're priming sufficiently.

With these tiny pod coils that have very tight wicking in them, I prime for well over an hour, start on the lowest setting, and go very easy on them for a while, to let the wick break in. So if you're priming right, I'd have to guess that it has to do with using high setting maybe, and just hitting it harder, maybe chain vaping more than the wicking can keep up with.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Figs

Figs Senior Member ECF Veteran

Good advice Brewdawg.

I would add that for me as an unflavored juice user, I am used to very long coil life. I have had my Minifit for two months, and am still using the pod that came with it. The problem with the Frenzy for me is the extreme darkness of the pod. I am visually impaired and simply cannot see the level of my clear, unflavored juice. I went through 4 coils quickly because I would vape it dry, and thus it would have a burnt taste. I now at the first sign of a change in flavor, immediately refill. Now on my 4th refill and all is good. I just had to adapt myself to the situation.

I have 3 packs of the 1.2ss coils and 3 packs of the 1.6. I am using the 1.6 at this point without issue. The Frenzy would be perfect for me with a less tinted pod and top fill.

Also, I use 50/50 pg/veg mix as I have for years. That ratio seems to work well in Pod systems as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Agreed. I mean, I get why they do it (the tinted plastic). It just looks better:
    upload_2019-7-23_13-35-49.png
    But it sure doesn't do anything to make it user friendly, though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Maziyar

Maziyar New Member

Jul 23, 2019
    I do that , prime, low setting but i use chain vaping. Not too much but i can say soft chain vapin.
    And try by vgod dry toobaco (switener is zreo) maximum 12 ml is ok after that burn flavor coming. I hope if i use 0.7 ohm or 1.2 ohm coil this will be ok.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. RayofLight62

RayofLight62 Super Member ECF Veteran

The Frenzy remain one of the best pod systems on the market, notwithstanding a couple of design limitations.
    First the pod is too dark and this is no good for the obvious reasons you mentioned.

Second, and this is a problem with ALL pods systems that employ TC, the circuit is not a full blown temperature controlled design, but a primeval temperature limiter, for obvious cost motives, with the exception of the Orion DNA.

When you fire the Frenzy in TC mode with the SS coil, the circuit initially apply full power for 250 mS, then reduce the power as the resistance of the coil gets higher.

This means that a dry coil, fired many times in sequence, do burn the wick inesorably.

In any case, when asked, I suggest the Frenzy to every Vaper, since it is robust, has a quality battery inside, the airflow is precise and just what is needed for true MTL vaping.

One mention about the coils. One of the coils included in the kit was a dud, while the two packets of spares, 1.2 and 1.6 Ohm, were all OK.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.