The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GeekVape G18 Starter Kit Vape Pen

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette APV Reviews' started by Frenkyou, Jul 16, 2021.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Frenkyou

Frenkyou Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    GeekVape G18 Starter Pen Kit 1.JPG
    GeekVape G18 Starter Kit Vape Pen
    Thanks to Geekvape for sending me the product for free in exchange for my honest evaluation.

G18 Starter Pen Kit

Main features:
    • Vape Pen style body in steel
    • Output power adjustable on 3 levels
    • 1300 mAh internal battery
    • Adjustable air flow
    • Transparent tank for internal e-liquid visibility
    • Leak proof tank with top refill
    • Coil of the Geekvape G series for MTL vaping

Enjoy the reading.

There is little to say about the immense packaging (for reviewers) with which the product arrives, also because this will not be the definitive packaging.
    On the back of the box we find listed; the technical characteristics, the manufacturer's address, the color indication of the Sample.

Inside the box welcomes us the letter of thanks from GeeKvape. The product is arranged on two shelves, on the first floor you will find the device and the tank, in the lower shelf there are the spare part's.

GeekVape G18 Starter Pen Kit 2.jpg

GeekVape G18 Starter Pen Kit 3.jpg

Packing List:
    • 1 * G18 Mod
    • 1 * Atomizer (2ml)
    • 1 * Geekvape G series Ka1 wire MTL coil (pre-installed) 1.2Ω
    • 1 * Geekvape G series Ka1 wire (spare) 1.8Ω MTL coil
    • 1 * USB Type-C Cable
    • 1 * User Manual

GeekVape G18 Starter Pen Kit 4.jpg

Technical data:
    • Material: Steel + PC
    • Battery: Integrated 1300 mAh
    • Dimensions: diameter 18mm, height 137.5mm, weight 72g.
    • Charging voltage: 5V / 0.7A
    • Charging current: 700mA 士 50mA
    • Charging port: TYPE-C
    • Stand-by current: ≤15uA
    • Operating temperature: 0-45 ℃
    • Tank capacity: 2ml
    • Refil: Aall'alto
    • Resistance Range: 1.2Ω (8-12W) 1.8Ω (7-9W)

GeekVape G18 Starter Pen Kit 5.JPG

Available colours:
    • SS, Black, Wood, Royal Blue, Malachite, Aqua, Scarlet, Rainbow

GeekVape G18 Starter Pen Kit 6.jpg

GeekVape G18 First Impressions:
    A definitely inconspicuous Vape Pen Kit with a tube having a diameter reduced to 18mm and a 510 type tank (with replaceable coils) equipped with AFC adjustment with 3 calibrated holes and refill from the top.
    G18 immediately appears as a device dedicated to MTL vaping both for the type of coil supplied and for the small size of the tank and the drip-tip.

The operation of G18 is of the By-pass type with 3 selectable power steps and with the color of the combined LED (3.1V Red, 3.4V Blue, 3.7V Green), naturally the power will drop as the battery drops, so we can use the maximum energy available only with the battery charged, below 3.4V the "low power" mode will be automatically performed by the bypass circuit.

Reading the technical characteristics I did not expect such a well-sized battery (1300mAh) they are not few. So also for this reason I was very curious to try GeekVape's G18.

In the image below we see the new Vape Pen G18 together with the Aegis nano 30W pod and the Wenax K1 pod the Bypass type operation is common to all three devices, however G18 can count on greater autonomy thanks to a much longer internal battery.

GeekVape G18 Starter Pen Kit 7.jpg

GeekVape G18 Feeling:
    It could not be otherwise, G18 is extremely comfortable to hold and is well finished. The Gunmetal paint (in my case) appears robust and very shiny perhaps too shiny, this fact favors the inevitable appearance of the dreaded fingerprints.

GeekVape G18 Starter Pen Kit 8.jpg

The main body bears the writing Geekvape arranged vertically and upwards is the round-shaped power button with integrated 3-color notification LED.

Fire Button, Led Lights:
    • Power off: Press the fire button 5 times to turn off the device, the button flashes 2 times with green color.
    • Power on: Press the fire button 5 times to turn on the device, the button flashes 2 times with blue color.
    • Power Adjustment: Press the button 3 times within 2 seconds to change the power (Low Red Light, Medium Blue Light, High Green Light). The power setting is relative to that supported by the battery and its current charge.
    • Cell voltage less than 3.7V, exit from the High setting
    • Cell voltage below 3.4V, exit from Average setting
    • Cell voltage 3.1V or less operating at Low setting

Led light during use and while charging:
    • When the cell voltage is less than 3.5V the red light flashes 3 times
    • When the cell voltage is between 3.5 and 3.9V, the blue light flashes 3 times
    • When the cell voltage is between 3.9 and 4.05V, the green light flashes 3 times
    • When charging is complete, the green light stays steady

Protections:
    • Low battery protection
    • Cut Off 10s protection
    • Short circuit protection: Red light flashes 8 times within 3 seconds.
    • Open circuit protection: The red light flashes 2 times.

GeekVape G18 Starter Pen Kit 9.jpg

510 thread has sliding, pin is gold plated floating type. On G18 it is possible to install (without protrusion) various tanks with a maximum diameter of 18mm.

GeekVape G18 Starter Pen Kit 10.jpg

2. Frenkyou

Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    On the bottom there is the Type-C 5V-0.7A charging port surrounded by identification writings, numerical codes, logo and C E trademark.

GeekVape G18 Starter Pen Kit 11.jpg

G18 Tank:
    As for the two lower decomposable bases of the tank, they are made of steel, while the transparent material is made of plastic. The refill takes place from the top by unscrewing the top cap which is directly screwed to the top of the very small chimney. The two slots are small round holes that make it mandatory to use a thin-tipped dispenser for filling.

GeekVape G18 Starter Pen Kit 12.jpg

The air regulation takes place through three holes which can be selected individually and precisely. The smallest of the three holes guarantees, when combined with the 1.8 coil, an excellent narrow type MTL performance.

GeekVape G18 Starter Pen Kit 13.jpg

GeekVape G18 Starter Pen Kit 14.jpg

The base of the Tank and the AFC ring nut are screwed together, so to replace the resistance they must be separated, the resistance is inserted into the tank by pressing and extracted by pulling.

GeekVape G18 Starter Pen Kit 15.jpg

GeekVape G18 Starter Pen Kit 16.jpg

The image below shows the 2 coils present in the Kit and a table indicating other optional coils and information for their applications.

GeekVape G18 Starter Pen Kit 17.jpg

Final conclusions:
    The Tank is well made and very comfortable to use, the coils are very aromatic. The performance is also good in terms of the dense clouds of vapor that can be generated. However, despite myself, I must report a slight malfunction with the 0.8Ω coil installed and I think I understand why. The chimney hole has an undersized internal diameter which creates a bottleneck, occasionally favoring the formation of "spitting". The 1.8Ω Coil, on the other hand, works in an excellent way, I find it aromatically very satisfying especially if combined with the narrower AFC adjustment, that is the one with the smallest hole of the 3 present on the ring nut.

GeekVape G18 Starter Pen Kit 18.jpg

The Vape Pen-style device is aesthetically pleasing, manages the battery well and is comfortable to carry, moreover it will certainly have an affordable price. I think that G18 could come in handy for the possibility of installing small Tanks with excellent visual results, but also for the good capacity of the internal battery that guarantees a good autonomy.
    A full charge cycle takes approximately 90 minutes.
    Thanks for reading.

GeekVape G18 Starter Pen Kit 19.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Great review! I don't think I'm getting this one for review so was interested in what you thought of it. I'm always looking for a pocket friendly device for carrying at work.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frenkyou

Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    Thanks Hitt.
    I liked the Starter Kit G18 with the 1.8 coil and with synthetic tobacco liquids or creamy liquids. In this way he manages to emulate a cigarette in a satisfactory way.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I got some homemade Nets recently that would probably work well in it. I usually run them in a zenith or zlide with a .8 coil.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frenkyou

Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    Yes, with Zenith and Zlide you have more airflow and better sub-ohm operation. I recommend G18 for an MTL-only use with the 1.8 coil.

• Like Like x 1