GeekVape GBox 200 Squonk Kit Review - A new DUAL battery option for squonking

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapingWithVic

ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2016
    Scotland
    www.vapingwithvic.co.uk
    In today's review, we are having a look at the GeekVape GBox 200 Squonk Kit. The GBox is the second in the series of GBox squonkers to be released from Geek Vape and is going up against the likes of the Kanger DripBox and the older dual battery squonk offering from Lost Vape.

At 200 watts, using a modified board based on the Aegis, and with the RADAR BF rda, the GBox 200 is a big hefty squonk mod...how does it perform though? Let's find out...

As always with a vaping With Vic review, you know that I have tested this item for at least a week, instead of reviewing it the day after it comes in...this channel always tests items first before reviewing.

═╣ GeekVape GBox 200 Squonk Kit ╠═

1:33 ◄ Unboxing
    2:32 ◄ Close Look
    6:57 ◄ Controls and Screen
    10:00 ◄ RADAR rda
    11:26 ◄ Temp Control
    14:38 ◄ Wattage Vape
    17:38 ◄ Thoughts

XRec C

ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2017
    Florida
    IMORTANT -
    Mine arrived Monday. Initially I was thrilled cuz I've been waiting for this mod(or any other that accomplishes the same). However when taking apart to clean it I found the 510 connect is loose. It could be a quality control issue or could be from shipping mishandling. I'm waiting for response from Geekvape as to how to proceed but I thought I should give ppl a heads up for anyone considering the purchase. I will say I have total faith in Geekvape and as they have have always been very accommodating in past interactions.

I've been using it for 2 weeks+ now and most of the time I'm using TC mode and as far I can say for the TC part are quite accurate and the coil ohms does not fluctuate on TC mode, the only downside was during liquid refilling, the batteries will fall of when the back cover are open and for me happens to me few times ended up my batteries scattered around the floor, and quite huge(not pocket friendly) but ergonomically comfortable in hand. It's not a bring about everyday mod for everyone but for me it's still a everyday bring about mod and hand carried most of the time.

XRec C

ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2017
    Florida
    IMORTANT -
    Mine arrived Monday. Initially I was thrilled cuz I've been waiting for this mod(or any other that accomplishes the same). However when taking apart to clean it I found the 510 connect is loose. It could be a quality control issue or could be from shipping mishandling. I'm waiting for response from Geekvape as to how to proceed but I thought I should give ppl a heads up for anyone considering the purchase. I will say I have total faith in Geekvape and as they have have always been very accommodating in past interactions.
    UPDATE:
    The manufacturer and retailer were both VERY accommodating! A simple return and replace. For what it's worth, upon closer inspection I believe the unit was dropped during shipping leading to the breakage. No probs what-so-ever with the current device!

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2016
    UPDATE:
    The manufacturer and retailer were both VERY accommodating! A simple return and replace. For what it's worth, upon closer inspection I believe the unit was dropped during shipping leading to the breakage. No probs what-so-ever with the current device!
    Where was your 510 loose? I jus got mine today and its having issues. It keeps asking me if its a new coil, sometimes says no coil. I have yet to try it with the radar it came with, im using my hadaly which hasnt had any issues on any other device

XRec C

ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2017
    Florida
    My 510 would spin in the mod. I contacted my retailer immediately and it was covered under their 72 hour DOA warranty
    Where was your 510 loose? I jus got mine today and its having issues. It keeps asking me if its a new coil, sometimes says no coil. I have yet to try it with the radar it came with, im using my hadaly which hasnt had any issues on any other device

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2016
    I wouldn't think so....the Gbox has a spring loaded 510 as best I remember but don't quote me on that. Is that the only atty it having a problem with?
    I havent tried it with any other one yet. I did lower the pin on the hadaly and it didn't do it again, but i didnt really use it much today. I probably only took 5-10 pulls on it today.

Reactions: XRec C

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2016
    I put my pulse 24 on it and its working flawlessly. Weird that its not working well with my Hadaly. The peak insolator got a little melted awhile ago, but there is no contact with anything that shouldnt be. I did order some extras a couple weeks ago so well see what happens when it gets replaced. I dont think that has anything to do with it though. That shouldnt make it say no coil.

Reactions: XRec C
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread