Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
At present, I've used the Geekvape Tsunami, and the Geekvape 521 Tab. The Griffin and the Avocado are both on my list, but haven't quite made it there, yet.

Of course, now that I have those on my list, I see this one pop up!

Griffin 25 RTA Tank By GeekVape

25 mm, a bigger build deck, mare juice capacity, and the same airflow options as the original.

Any thoughts from the anyone else?

Reactions: Steven Pye

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
85c50daf-7647-4202-9514-4985df1e6985.png
324f6d9e-fe0c-41d3-9691-0035ce09c5e7.png

Reactions: Steven Pye

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I like the top airflow idea I think its a good way to go. I am very interested in how it would vape with only that option open.
As I understand it, the airflow is directed back to the coil to increase the flavor and airflow without killing the flavor the way that airflow drip tips do. I don't know if it would provide any cooling...

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Single or dual coil, pick one vendors

I shall not insert thy silicon gasket of indecision/hedging-thy-bets/covering thy bases

Build me a decent single coil only RTA, someone, my Lemo 2 still craps on anything made after it that ive tried.
Build a single, transverse coil between the posts. V decks a incredibly versatile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
At present, I've used the Geekvape Tsunami, and the Geekvape 521 Tab. The Griffin and the Avocado are both on my list, but haven't quite made it there, yet.

Of course, now that I have those on my list, I see this one pop up!

Griffin 25 RTA Tank By GeekVape

25 mm, a bigger build deck, mare juice capacity, and the same airflow options as the original.

Any thoughts from the anyone else?
How u liking the tsunami

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
You, sir, have good taste.

I have the exact same set up on order, anxiously awaiting my vapemail.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
I swapped out the Griffin 25 on that mod and it's now topped with a black Aromamizer Supreme... I need another decent black mod for the Griffin. Woe is me...

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I received my Griffin 25 with top air flow from MVS yesterday, and it's all I was hoping for. Well machined and great looking. Easy to build on and wick, as I expected. Makes my RX200 look small. LOL

I have only recently started to enjoy direct-to-lung vaping, so I don't have a lot of high airflow RTA's to compare it to, but in terms of flavor, I'm very satisfied with it.

No crazy build in it for me. I'm not a big fan of clapton coils due to their constant spitting and long ramp up time. Instead I put in dual coils, 8 spaced wraps, 27ga kanthal at 3mm.

Even with this modest build, running at 60 Watts, you can plow through some liquid. Nice that it holds 6mls of it.

I had a couple of question I hoped someone might be able to help with:

What should I be turning to operate the juice control?

I was surprised it came with no basic setup instructions. I have been holding the base and turning the tank from the top to open and close it, ala The Bachelor. That seems to be working just fine.....

Second question: I'd like to get another wide bore drip tip for it and I'm wondering if the included one only fits the Griffin, or if there are generic wide bore drip tips that I could be looking at. I'm not real hip on the included 510 drip tip adaptor, although I appreciate that they included it.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I received my Griffin 25 with top air flow from MVS yesterday, and it's all I was hoping for. Well machined and great looking. Easy to build on and wick, as I expected. Makes my RX200 look small. LOL

I have only recently started to enjoy direct-to-lung vaping, so I don't have a lot of high airflow RTA's to compare it to, but in terms of flavor, I'm very satisfied with it.

No crazy build in it for me. I'm not a big fan of clapton coils due to their constant spitting and long ramp up time. Instead I put in dual coils, 8 spaced wraps, 27ga kanthal at 3mm.

Even with this modest build, running at 60 Watts, you can plow through some liquid. Nice that it holds 6mls of it.

I had a couple of question I hoped someone might be able to help with:

What should I be turning to operate the juice control?

I was surprised it came with no basic setup instructions. I have been holding the base and turning the tank from the top to open and close it, ala The Bachelor. That seems to be working just fine.....

Second question: I'd like to get another wide bore drip tip for it and I'm wondering if the included one only fits the Griffin, or if there are generic wide bore drip tips that I could be looking at. I'm not real hip on the included 510 drip tip adaptor, although I appreciate that they included it.

You're doing the juice control right. Not sure on the drip tip...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: VaPreis

Bakseated1

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2012
Pa
Alrighty need some help. Running single coil 24 g ss twisted with 32 guage kanthal wicked with kjd. About 6 wraps coming out at .39 ohm.

First wick went heavy and rested in top of juice channel. Burnt hit at 35 watts.

Second wick thinner and resting in juice channel. Lost half the juice. Just leaked out after hitting well at 35 watts.

Third wick thinner but pulled some through so it peaked out below the ring. Burnt hit at 35.

What's next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread