Geekvape Griffin 25MM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

newphreak

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2014
Cold north, NORWAY
zapete: I also suspected this to be the issue for my initial leaking. So i threw on one of the black o-rings for the drip tip onto the chimney piece, as they seem slightly thicker then the blank o-rings. After this it stopped leaking like crazy.

But on another note, the chimney/top-airflow seems to really dislike condensation. I get a small film that blocks the chimney right below my drip tip, easily spotted every time i fill the tank. And the top airflow in general seems to start to gurgle slightly after a while. And closing it does not remedy the issue, as it's not fully being fully closed, letting a little air through making the "gurgle" even worse. Is there somewhere I can buy the non-top-airflow chimney piece and top cap? I don't like the top airflow much.

newphreak

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2014
Cold north, NORWAY
Desert Fox: Have you tried contacting customer support? If it's leaking like crazy it's most likely the bottom base that leaks between the juice flow control ring and the base itself. If the juice flow control ring is really wobbly, the space between the base and the juice flow control ring is too big, and there is no o-ring inbetween here, so juice can just flow through if it's not a tight "pressfit".

newphreak

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2014
Cold north, NORWAY
So, here it is. There is a ring that's pressfitted tight as .... right below the deck keeping the juice flow control and airflow control in place. What surprised me also was that there is an o-ring both on the bottom of the juice flow control, AND on top of the airflow control ring.

So if you drop your mod you might loosen up the inner pressfitted ring enough to get it apart, but i had to RUIN my deck to get it apart. Luckily it was already ruined so this was just for the science of it.
PS: This is the deck of the regular 22mm griffin.

EDIT:
Sigh, I give up posting the pictures here, it doesn't work. They can be found here:
https://owncloud.hwat.be/index.php/s/xSKdDspzdMy1juL

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
hahaha that's a sure way to BREAK the deck/base. "Just slap it back in there" *bang bang bang bang*. And my juice flow control ring did not just pop off, I've tried. But I have a new deck so I might as well pry my broken deck apart and see what's down there. Will provide some pictures once it's apart.

Yeah, it made me cringe watching him "slap it back in there" while nailing it with a pair of channel lock pliers.

Desert Fox

May 9, 2016
Desert Fox: Have you tried contacting customer support? If it's leaking like crazy it's most likely the bottom base that leaks between the juice flow control ring and the base itself. If the juice flow control ring is really wobbly, the space between the base and the juice flow control ring is too big, and there is no o-ring inbetween here, so juice can just flow through if it's not a tight "pressfit".

Customer support gave me the run around. Anyways, I got my Aromamizer Supreme yesterday and it works like a charm. Then my friend who was trying to fix the Griffins for me gave me his authentic Kayfun v4, since he will be getting his v5 soon, the Kayfun v4 also works like a charm. No leakings for both of them. So, now I'm happy with 2 excellent RTAs. I'll just chalk up the Griffins as a lost and I'm not going to mess with them anymore.

Desert Fox

May 9, 2016
Well now that i know how it's put together, all you need to do is take the deck out and get the ring pressed in tight again. But I guess this is hard to do properly in the average garage or with kitchen supply's. *hides*

Even if I have the proper tools, I still wouldn't bother to take them apart. Too much time already spent on a defective product. Time is a valuable resource for many people, I don't want to waste it trying to get a defective product to work.

newphreak

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2014
Cold north, NORWAY
Well, that's your decision. You've spent money on it. I just rewicked my griffin 25 after making sure everything was tight and like it should be, and used the method with poking airchannels in the wick close to the posts. This looks like a good trick so far. And clipping the wicks with the scissors at the "lip" right behind the "wick ring" was also easy. Can't wait to see how long this lasts now. Tearing the deck apart helped me understand how it's built, so now I'm more hopeful then ever. So far the 25mm is leak proof. It gushed before, but i think that was due to poor wicking.

kushpancake

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2015
LA
stephen-daniels.com
Black 25 from MVS. No issues here so far been about 50ml of juice so far. Running duel 7 wraps 24g 316ss .21ohms.

99dca0e227d04df1e8c14a48ad99b1a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are your coils fighting one another???

Reactions: Coolloser

PhilBrown123

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2016
vermont
www.youtube.com
mine has started seeping juice for some reason. when I flip it upside down to rewick or something it seeps all over the tank almost like the tank orings are leaking.its not on the top or driptip so it cant be the to airflow orings but it's causing vaccum issues and leaking when I have it full of juice. anyone else getting this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread