Geekvape Griffin RTA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
Found a few images of this think and have to admit it seems to have potential. Velocity posts seem to finally be becoming mainstream (rightfully so), and this one seems to have a large build deck to accommodate some fancier builds. Top fill, lots of airflow, and what seems to be a ton of parts/orings for spares. Only found a preorder so far at efun.com for 44.95. Preorder ends December 10th.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    16.6 KB · Views: 691
Reactions: Cirkulis

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
It looks interesting. Kind of like the MT, but with a velocity deck. I'll wait to see where it shows up, and the prices before buying.
Yeah, I'm interested in this one. I just got the OBS Crius which I like but the ceramic insulator was cracked on arrival. I wonder if the deck on this one is truly bigger?? Also it looks like they made the velocity posts the right way by not drilling the holes all the way through the side. I will wait for other beta testers though, I've been burnt too many times with this sort of thing.

Reactions: Cirkulis

arh32

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
Destin FL
Yeah, I'm interested in this one. I just got the OBS Crius which I like but the ceramic insulator was cracked on arrival. I wonder if the deck on this one is truly bigger?? Also it looks like they made the velocity posts the right way by not drilling the holes all the way through the side. I will wait for other beta testers though, I've been burnt too many times with this sort of thing.
Ill be your beta tester on this one. Order placed!!! It looks great just hope they are using peek on this one.

Reactions: melody19316

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
I agree that it is very similar to the Crius, and actually posted in the Crius thread that if OBS doesn't get their QC straightened out that this could be a contender. While being very similar, there are still a few differences. It comes with a larger proprietary drip tip as well as a 510 adapter, and what they are claiming to be a larger build deck, and as previously stated the posts are actually solid on the sides. I do agree that the top (side) fill on the Crius is better though. Let's just hope for PEEK insulators.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Except we don't know what the QC will be like on this either until people start getting them. I'll let others do that :D For $45 I would like to hope pretty darn good. Had it been an MT with a V deck it would've been a no brainer for me. I just really like the MT.

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
Except we don't know what the QC will be like on this either until people start getting them. I'll let others do that :D For $45 I would like to hope pretty darn good. Had it been an MT with a V deck it would've been a no brainer for me. I just really like the MT.
I totally agree, it could turn out to be worse than the Crius. I definitely won't be the first to test it out since this seems to be the first tank manufactured by this company. If it turns out to be a good one I will probably buy one, I do think it looks nice. I'm content with collection for now, should stay that way atleast for a few more days ;)

arh32

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
Destin FL
I have a good feeling about this tank.....lol When the crius is not leaking it seems that people are loving it. I see this being better being that the deck is bigger. Like i said before i just hope they use peek on this one. For $45 you would think they would. My crius will be here this week and i hope its not broken like lots are. I rolled the dice on this one and i hope it works out for us all. Will post pics and all when it gets here but that will be sometime in January I guess. Oh loving my MT also use it every day and for sure velocity deck would rock on it....someday i hope.

arh32

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
Destin FL
You may have it before January, I saw a post somewhere earlier stating Efun ships 1 to 2 days after preorder and that it takes 1 to 2 weeks be delivered I think. If your lucky it might be a nice early Christmas present.
I hope so ...but they changed the end of the preorder date to Dec 20 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread