Geekvape Griffin RTA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I've found myself having to fiddle with it every other minute because of another dry hit. I'm not sure what the deal is. The 22 was so flawlessly easy, this has been entirely different. The fit of everything has also been questionable. I'm getting juice slowly seeping out from the knurled base ring and the top airflow control. Perhaps I got a lemon, but I've been really surprised compared to the 22. Let us know how yours turns out.

Edit:
I've been running it in single coil mode, haven't tried dual coils to see if that for some reason has any positive effect on overall wicking.
How's the vape in single coil mod? I hope you get the issues worked out.

add44

Mar 29, 2016
How's the vape in single coil mod? I hope you get the issues worked out.
Hate to really pro or con it because of the wicking issues, but so far very muted and unsatisfying. Great after I've manually wet my wick to get her going, but then it slows down in the performance department.

I've noticed it seems to wick better with the top cap loosened to maybe 0.5mm gap. Even with space made in the wicking slots in the deck, I'm wondering if the vacuum is somehow too strong in the tank.

melody19316

Multiple ID Suspension
May 21, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
I've been preferring the Billow V3 and Plus over my Griffins. I get a little less seepage, and wicking is a little simpler on the Billows.

The Griffin looks better (IMO), and the post holes are better. The Billow's positive post holes aren't flat, so it's really easy to cut the leads when tightening down. I always have to tighten very carefully to the point where the wire is secure, but doesn't snap. However, the 510 on the Griffins don't always make a solid connection; I've had them give me "no atomizer" or "atomizer short" a few times on both the Rx200 and Asmodus Minikin.

For filling, I prefer the Griffin, for airflow, I prefer the Billow. The amount of airflow between the two is about the same, and flavor is about the same. However, the airflow on the Billow is quieter than the Griffin.

If there were some way to combine them both, I'd be golden.

BOOM!

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I have had my Griffin 25 for a week now and so far I am loving it. I have the TF RDTA also and I find myself using the Griffin 25 more. I have had a little leaking but I believe that is my wicking. I find it to work better for me with the juice flow opened just under 1/2. When filling I close both top and bottom airflow as well as the juice flow and I get no leaks. It only seems to leak if I open the juice flow all the way open. Compared to the Griffin, I get 0 leaks from the TF RDTA but the airflow is more restricted. I have dual Claptons in both and they both have great flavor. The Griffin seemed muted at 1st, but now that the coils are a week old, I am getting tons of flavor. Between these 2 tanks, I would buy another Griffin 25. I have a Boreas on the way and will post a comparison when I get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heartsdelight

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I've been preferring the Billow V3 and Plus over my Griffins. I get a little less seepage, and wicking is a little simpler on the Billows.

The Griffin looks better (IMO), and the post holes are better. The Billow's positive post holes aren't flat, so it's really easy to cut the leads when tightening down. I always have to tighten very carefully to the point where the wire is secure, but doesn't snap. However, the 510 on the Griffins don't always make a solid connection; I've had them give me "no atomizer" or "atomizer short" a few times on both the Rx200 and Asmodus Minikin.

For filling, I prefer the Griffin, for airflow, I prefer the Billow. The amount of airflow between the two is about the same, and flavor is about the same. However, the airflow on the Billow is quieter than the Griffin.

If there were some way to combine them both, I'd be golden.

BOOM!
The 510 pin on the Griffin is adjustable, but with the short 510 connection on the RX200, more than likely the Griffin is pushing the connection down and reading it as a short. I don't know how the Minikin 510 connection is but adjusting the pin on the Griffin down or up may help.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I have had my Griffin 25 for a week now and so far I am loving it. I have the TF RDTA also and I find myself using the Griffin 25 more. I have had a little leaking but I believe that is my wicking. I find it to work better for me with the juice flow opened just under 1/2. When filling I close both top and bottom airflow as well as the juice flow and I get no leaks. It only seems to leak if I open the juice flow all the way open. Compared to the Griffin, I get 0 leaks from the TFV4 but the airflow is more restricted. I have dual Claptons in both and they both have great flavor. The Griffin seemed muted at 1st, but now that the coils are a week old, I am getting tons of flavor. Between these 2 tanks, I would buy another Griffin 25. I have a Boreas on the way and will post a comparison when I get it.
Thanks for the feedback! Can't wait for your thoughts on the Boreas!

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Thanks for the feedback! Can't wait for your thoughts on the Boreas!
I should have it by Wednesday. I had thought how much better the Griffin would be if the airflow and juice control were one in the same and how that would affect the tank's vacuum. The Boreas has done that so I am anxious to see how they work together. I also love the 2 build decks as I can keep the extra deck built and at the ready. The new Merlin has also caught my eye as a single coil or stacked coil option. I may decide on this instead of the Serpent Mini once more reviews are out on it.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
I succumbed into my Shinyitis and I now have the Avocado 22 and 24, Griffin 22 amd 25, Aromamizer V1 and Supreme, and Boreas. I am still playing around and testing them out, but I reckon they are all good tanks.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I know I saw this posted, but searching this thread is leading me in opposite directions..

My Griffin 25 (black if that matters?) seems to be leaking or weeping from the notched ring just above the AFC.

It's not much, but it's obviously coming from there. AFAIK everything is tightened, seated, etc. Wicking dual Coils no problem, in fact performing relatively well, if not a tad muted from all the air.

But it's absolutely leaking, juice seeping, eliquid weeping (call it whatever you like) from the notch ring. Or above it? Or below it? I'm not sure.

Any advice would be appreciated.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
I know I saw this posted, but searching this thread is leading me in opposite directions..

My Griffin 25 (black if that matters?) seems to be leaking or weeping from the notched ring just above the AFC.

It's not much, but it's obviously coming from there. AFAIK everything is tightened, seated, etc. Wicking dual Coils no problem, in fact performing relatively well, if not a tad muted from all the air.

But it's absolutely leaking, juice seeping, eliquid weeping (call it whatever you like) from the notch ring. Or above it? Or below it? I'm not sure.

Is it a only a tiny amount? I get that too and I call it condensation. The first time I set up my Griff 25 it was wicking extremely well; however, after I noticed the condensation I rewicked it with a little extra cotton and ended up choking the wicking. I have now rewicked it again with less cotton and I do notice the little pools of juice around the AFC ring.

That being said, I have noticed similar issues with all my tanks. I have tried playing around with the wicking. Sometimes it does the trick, at other times no. I have grown to accept it now.

add44

Mar 29, 2016

Mine is most certainly seeping liquid. From the top AFC ring, the top AFC holes, and the knurled base. It can be quite the mess.

Reactions: Phone Guy

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA

My black one does this as well. My SS does not.
Is it a only a tiny amount? I get that too and I call it condensation. The first time I set up my Griff 25 it was wicking extremely well; however, after I noticed the condensation I rewicked it with a little extra cotton and ended up choking the wicking. I have now rewicked it again with less cotton and I do notice the little pools of juice around the AFC ring.

That being said, I have noticed similar issues with all my tanks. I have tried playing around with the wicking. Sometimes it does the trick, at other times no. I have grown to accept it now.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Phone Guy

add44

Mar 29, 2016
To follow up: fixed my wicking issue...sorta. I decided to give the 25 a nice long bubble bath, let it air out for two days, and replaced every o-ring I could get to (couldn't get the top AFC apart), and suddenly, it works fine. Don't know how or why. But I did notice the o-ring on the top cap and deck there a bit janky - a noticeable slice missing on both.

Last edited:

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Well I got my Boreas a few days ago and I have to say that I much prefer the Griffin 25 over the Boreas. The lack of a separate Juice Flow control allows juice to flood the coil which in turn spills out of the airflow when you open it and is one large hot boiling Drop. I don't notice much difference in flavor or vapor but the machining on the Griffin 25 I find to be smoother. I also notice the airflow is more restricted on the Boreas. My Griffin25 has top airflow but even with the top AF closed, the Griffin25 seems less restricted.

Mikedin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
western new york
The 510 pin on the Griffin is adjustable, but with the short 510 connection on the RX200, more than likely the Griffin is pushing the connection down and reading it as a short. I don't know how the Minikin 510 connection is but adjusting the pin on the Griffin down or up may help.
I am running the griffon 25 on my rx200 I got 2 days ago and it sits flush on the mod and no problems. Is it a known problem running on the rx200?

I just got the griffon yesterday and went through about 2 and a half tanks on it already it's about half full right now sittin at home I'll check it after work and see if I notice any leaking in it after sitting all day

Reactions: gofishtx

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I am running the griffon 25 on my rx200 I got 2 days ago and it sits flush on the mod and no problems. Is it a known problem running on the rx200?

I just got the griffon yesterday and went through about 2 and a half tanks on it already it's about half full right now sittin at home I'll check it after work and see if I notice any leaking in it after sitting all day
If the 510 pin is screwed out, it may push the center pin down or if it is tightened up it may not be making contact, I was addressing Frocket's issue with his tank, if yours is working fine then your 510 pin on your tank is probably adjusted correctly, but should be one of the 1st things checked if you start to have problems.
Yes the shallow 510 on the RX200 and the Cuboid is a known issue. Wismec even states that using a tank such as the TFV4 on the RX200 will void the warranty. According to what is stated on their website, using any non Joyetech/Eleaf/Wismec tank or RDA will void your warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread