hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Today I’m very excited to talk with you about the Geekvape Aegis Boost Pro. I was fortunate enough to receive one of the Limited Edition Aegis Boost Pro kits in the signature metal carrying case with all of the accessories. I will do my best to cover the features of the complete kit that I received but as far as I know, the limited edition kit is not available for sale and is only sent to reviewers and perhaps a contest winner here or there. I will first cover what will be received in the standard kit and then cover the accessories that are available. I’ll show some pictures from the website along with some that I have taken of the kit that I received. Without further ado, let’s take a look.
    aegis-boost-pro-album-02.jpg

aegis-boost-pro-02.gif

aegis-boost-pro-04.gif

Presentation1.jpg

Geek-Vape-Aegis-Boost-Pro-Kit-USB-C-Cable.jpg

Geek-Vape-Aegis-Boost-Pro-Kit-Gen-2-airflow-control.jpg

What was included in the case is the Boost Pro kit along with the available accessories that can be purchased separately. The Boost Pro will include the following:

IMG-3883.jpg

What’s in the box?

1* Aegis Boost Pro Kit
    1* GeekVape P 0.2ohm Coil (Pre-installed)
    1* GeekVape P 0.4ohm Coil
    1* Coil Tool
    1* USB-C Cable
    1* Drip Tip
    1* User Manual

Specifications:

Output Power: 5-100W
    Input Voltage: 3.2-4.25V
    Output Voltage: 0.1-6.5V(Max7.V)
    Minimum Voltage: 3.3V+-0.1V
    Resistance Range: 0.1ohm-3.0ohm
    Longest Output/vaping Time: 10s
    Temperature Control: 200F-600F
    Battery Specification: 18650 (Single Battery)
    Charger Voltage: USB-C 5V/2A
    Display Screen: 0.96-inch (TFT Color Screen)
    E-juice Capacity: 6ml
    Dimension: 50.15*28.6*113.04mm
    Shell Materia: Plastic+Silicone+Leather+Zine Alloy

First Impressions:

I knew that the Boost Pro was being sent for review but had no idea that I would be receiving one of the Limited Edition brief cases along with all of the accessory items. I was simply blown away when I opened the box and saw the case. Unfortunately, as far as I know, the limited edition kit is not for sale. However, you can still get the Boost Plus with the larger pod and new coils then add the other items if you would like them.

IMG-3834.jpg

The Mod:

At first glance, the new Aegis Boost Pro appears to be the same as the Aegis Boost Plus. This is however not the case. Both devices use a single 18650 battery but the Pro has a maximum output of 100 watts where the Plus is limited to 40 watts. Also the Pro uses a USB C type charging port where the Plus uses a micro USB port. The Pro has a color display which I like very much and the user can choose between five color schemes. The Pro is very similar in appearance to the Plus but due to the extra contact points on the Pro, it is able to use the new style pod with the P series coils. The menu operation for the Pro is as follows:

1. Five clicks of the fire button turn the device on and off.
    2. Three clicks of the fire button will highlight the mode and the + and – buttons can be used to scroll through the different modes which are Power, TC, TCR, VPC, and Bypass.
    3. Pressing the + and – buttons at the same time will lock the adjustment buttons but the mod will still fire.
    4. Pressing the fire button and the + or – buttons at the same time will adjust the screen brightness.
    5. After pressing the fire button three times to highlight the mode, press the fire button once to move down the menu each position to adjust the options for that mode which includes resetting the puff counter.
    6. After pressing the fire button three times to highlight the mode, pressing the + and – buttons at the same time will change the screen color.

The Pro Pod

The new Pro pod is very similar in appearance to the Boost Plus pod as far as physical appearance goes. The new pod holds 6ml instead of 5.5ml which is a nice improvement. The opening on the bottom is larger to accommodate the new larger P series coils. Just like on the Plus there are flats on the bottom of the pod to align the coil with to keep it from rotating. The fill plug and hole appear to be the same. I did have a few times where I closed the plug and it popped back open on me. Not a big deal but worth double checking when you refill.

One of the biggest differences in the new Pro pod is the airflow control. It’s open on top in the front which is adjustable but there are two airflow slots in the wheel on the bottom to allow even more airflow. I believe this is to accommodate the higher wattages required for the new coils.

The Pro comes with two new P series coils which are .2 and .4 ohm mesh coils and are quite a bit larger than the Plus style coils. I tried both coils and both give very good flavor but I found myself liking the .2 coil with the airflow about 1/3 open and the wattage set to 50 watts. Yes I know this is below the recommended 60-70 watts of that coil but that’s where I preferred it. I ended up with a similar situation with the .4 coil. It is recommended at 50-60 watts and I liked it best around 40 watts. Both coils seemed to perform very well even at the lower settings which makes them even more versatile in my opinion which is a good thing to fit the style of more users. One thing I didn’t really care for is how the fill port plug has to be grabbed from the side closest to the drip tip to open it but do like that the plug is easy to rotate out of the way for filling. I have not experienced any leaking of any type with either coil in the Pro pod.

presentation2.jpg

IMG-3842.jpg

Above you can see the difference between the new P series coils and the coils used in the Boost Plus pod.

Accessories:

Below is a picture of the Boost Pro rdta. The deck is very easy to build on and has a liquid capacity of 4ml. It has honeycomb style airflow which I am kind of partial to and the top cap can be rotated to open or close as few or as many holes as you would like. One thing I did not care for much was that the front airflow opening on the rdta is not adjustable. I found it to be very airy for my tastes and found myself having either one or no airflow holes open on the side so that I could get a little better flavor and more of a restricted direct lung. I used one of my favorite coils which is a 316ss flat braided coil that is 3mm id. I normally run this coil around 30 watts and was able to do that and get good flavor with the side air closed and only drawing air through the front opening. I so far have not experienced any problems with the fill plug popping back up like I did on the pod. When wicking, I thinned the ends out but cut them a little long so that they stuck down inside a little way. At first it wasn’t wicking well and found that I had not thinned the wick ends enough. If the holes are plugged tight with cotton then a vacuum effect can happen and it won’t wick correctly.
    IMG-3863.jpg

Included in the kit I received was also a 510 adapter for the Boost Pro. There’s not really much to say about it besides it will allow you to put whichever tank you might desire in order to use it like a standard mod such as the Aegis Solo. I found that I liked the Zeus Nano and the original Zeus single coil rta on the Pro. However, there is enough output to operate most tanks or rdas.

One other thing that was included in my kit was the original Boost Plus pod and three coils. There is a newer third coil that I believe is rated up to 38 watts. I have covered the other coils in prior reviews and won’t bore you with covering them again.

Compatibility:

OK, here’s what you need to know about what will work or not work with this and prior devices.

1. The Boost Pro can use the Pro pod with the new P series coils, the RDTA pod, the 510 adapter, and also the older style boost plus pod and coils.

2. The Boost Plus can use the RDTA pod, the 510 adapter, and the Plus pod and coils

3. The Boost Plus can’t use the Pro pod with the new P series coils

One thing to remember when using the RDTA pod with the Boost Plus is that you are only going to have 40 watts available so keep that in mind when choosing what type of coil to install.

IMG-3851.jpg

Final Thoughts:

I very much enjoyed testing the new Aegis Boost Pro. I found both of the new P series coils to be very good flavor producers but in the end preferred the .2 coil. I did have a slight problem with the fill plug on the Pro pod popping back up on me after filling but it wasn’t a big deal.

It is nice having the 100 watt range available but I really don’t see anyone getting that much out of an 18650 battery but the Pro has plenty of power to run the included coils and the available accessories. I also think it is nice that all the prior coils and pods from the Plus will work on the Pro.

The RDTA is a nice accessory to have available for those that either don’t want to buy coils or prefer the flavor they get from their own coils. Just don’t over stuff the wick holes with cotton and it will wick fine. I did find it to be overly airy for my tastes and really wish they had made the front airflow adjustable as well as the side airflow from the barrel.

Over all I found the Boost Pro to be an excellent and versatile device. With so many options available to one device it’s hard to not find something to please most people. I would very much like to see Geekvape offer different kits with different accessories or even a kit with all of the accessories that I received for testing. So, would I recommend the Aegis Boost Pro? Absolutely! Even if you’re not a high wattage user then you can run the included coils at somewhat lower settings or use the pods and coils from your Plus for even lower settings. To me it’s hard to go wrong with this one. I would like to say a big THANK YOU! to Elliot and Geekvape for sending the Limited Edition Aegis Boost Pro kit for this review. Also, as always, Thank you to you the readers that make it possible for me to write these reviews.

Aegis Boost Pro

Geekvape Aegis Boost Pro Pod Mod Kit 100W Geek Vape Online Store

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Nice review Hitt, this is the best version in the Boost series in my opinion and the P-series coils are really done well. As far as the fill port giving you trouble staying plugged in try not only pushing down but also outward towards the connection clip of the Pod when plugging it back in. As SP said I also prefer the P-series coils over the RDTA finding to airy for my taste.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review Hitt, this is the best version in the Boost series in my opinion and the P-series coils are really done well. As far as the fill port giving you trouble staying plugged in try not only pushing down but also outward towards the connection clip of the Pod when plugging it back in. As SP said I also prefer the P-series coils over the RDTA finding to airy for my taste.

I too preferred the coils. I don’t really understand why they didn’t make the front airflow adjustable. That would have made the difference. I’ll try your suggestion on the fill port. I wouldn’t have mentioned it if it hadn’t happened multiple times.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review, hitt.:)

Thanks Fran!

Nice review, and here I sit with the original boost, feeling left out.

There is a 510 adapter and an rdta for the original boost. I have them and have had a boost in rotation with the adapter for a while now. I see your point though that it would be nice to have the higher output. Maybe there will be a good sale on them around Xmas time.

SP013

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    Nice review, and here I sit with the original boost, feeling left out.
    These days it seems better to wait several months before buying something entirely new, companies are releasing so many 'upgraded' versions of their original device.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    These days it seems better to wait several months before buying something entirely new, companies are releasing so many 'upgraded' versions of their original device.

You are correct. We have seen it with the entire Aegis line of products. They aren't the only ones. It seems like as soon as you buy the latest and greatest one, there is a better one released a month later. I guess it's good marketing but not as good for the consumer.

SP013

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    You are correct. We have seen it with the entire Aegis line of products. They aren't the only ones. It seems like as soon as you buy the latest and greatest one, there is a better one released a month later. I guess it's good marketing but not as good for the consumer.
    Geekvape and smok are very good at it :) Take the Smok Nord, there is a 4th version released now already while I reviewed the third version like 1 month ago. It goes so fast.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Geekvape and smok are very good at it :) Take the Smok Nord, there is a 4th version released now already while I reviewed the third version like 1 month ago. It goes so fast.

I don't really keep up that much on Smok products but I did a comparison review on the pm40 and the nord 2 not long ago.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread