hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thanks for joining me for yet another review. If you have followed my reviews over time you will know that I have written reviews for Geekvape for a few years now. It’s been several months since I have reviewed for them since the representative I was dealing with has disappeared and I have been unable to get in contact with a new person at Geekvape. However, Sourcemore has come to the rescue and provided me with the Geekvape Max 100 kit for this review. A big thanks to Sourcemore. The Max 100 is the latest version of the Max mod with aesthetic changes that make it similar in appearance to the M100, S100, and L200. It’s IP68 rated and has the A-Lock function that I personally like very much. It can use 18650/ 20700/21700 batteries and has a maximum output of 100 watts. It also has a new 1.08” display screen. It is paired with the 2021 Z sub ohm tank that I have gotten with a couple other kits that I have reviewed. It’s nothing new but definitely a good tank with well performing coils. Let’s take a look at the contents and some promotional images and I’ll give my opinion on the Geekvape Max 100 kit sent to me by SOURCEMORE.

Fzl4rGx.jpg

p4mEKJ3.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* GeekVape Max100 Mod
    1* GeekVape Z Sub Ohm 2021 Tank (5.5ml)
    1* GeekVape Z 0.2ohm Coil (Pre-installed, 70-80W)
    1* GeekVape Z 0.25ohm Coil (Spare, 45-57W)
    1* Coil Tool
    1* Spare Parts Pack
    1* Spare Glass Tube (5.5ml)
    1* USB Type-C Cable
    1* 18650 Battery Adapter

upload_2022-5-6_21-22-34.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

Output Power: 5W-100W

Input Voltage: 3.2V-4.25V

Output Voltage: 0-8.5V (max 8.5V)

Minimum Voltage: 3.2V±0.1V

Resistance Range: 0.1ohm-3.0ohm

Longest Output/Vaping Time: 10s

Temperature Control: 100℃-315℃(1℃ step-by-step), 200℉-600℉(5℉ step-by-step)

Battery: 21700/18650 (single battery, not included, replaceable)

Charging: Type-C 5V/2A

Display Screen: 1.1 inch TFT color screen

E-juice Capacity: 5.5ml

Dimension: 42.06*31.5*143.8mm

Color: Silver, Red, Blue, Rainbow, Black

FEATURES:

1. 2nd Gen of Geekvape tri-proof tech

2. 100W max output, new Aegis Max

3. New 1.1 inch full screen

4. Single 21700/18650 battery

5. Paired with 5.5ml Z Sub Ohm 2021 Tank

6. Type-C charging port with flip cover on the top

7. IP68-rating water & dust resistance, shock resistance

8. A-lock function design

9. Leak-proof top airflow system

10. Enlarged filling hole & airflow for larger air inflow

11. Adopts Z0.15, Z0.2, Z0.25DC and Z0.4 ohm coil

fEo5s4N.jpg

bPc0L8o.jpg

N05mnh0.jpg

ckao7x9.jpg

mx1RwNf.jpg

60wP0gD.jpg

u3tyyrM.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Max 100 is the usual orange and black box from Geekvape with a picture of the device on the front of the outer sleeve while the back side has a list of features, package contents, authenticity code, and company information.

Once the outer sleeve and box top are removed then the Max 100 mod is visible in a foam insert. After removing that insert the tank can be seen sitting inside another smaller insert and a box containing the spare coil, extra glass, USB-C charging cable, spare o rings, user manual, 18650 battery adapter, and coil tool.

upload_2022-5-6_21-29-30.png

upload_2022-5-6_21-29-46.png

upload_2022-5-6_21-30-3.png

upload_2022-5-6_21-30-17.png

The 510 connection plate on top is held in place by three torx head screws and has a gold plated spring loaded center pin. The base of the Z tank is tapered at the bottom and there is still a couple millimeters of space left where you could use a slightly larger tank.

The Max 100 uses the same type of screw in battery cap with the flip up lever like is used on previous versions of mods in the Aegis line of devices. I know there have been some complaints of the threads stripping but I personally have not had an issue with it and have used mods of other brands that use the same type of battery cap. The bottom side of the cap is marked with a negative sign and the inside of the mod has a large red + sign to mark battery polarity.

upload_2022-5-6_21-30-53.png

upload_2022-5-6_21-31-8.png

upload_2022-5-6_21-31-27.png

The display for the Max 100 is the same as what I’ve seen on previous Aegis mods. The display shows the following information.

- Mode of operation

- Battery level indicator

- Set wattage and lock/unlock

- Coil resistance

- Current draw in amps while under load

- Voltage output under load

- Puff counter/ length of current puff

The button/menu operation of the Max 100 is the same as what we’ve seen in the past. Nothing new there but I’ll go ahead and list out the operation for those that aren’t familiar with it.

- Press the fire button five times to turn the device on or off

- Press the fire button three times to highlight the mode of operation and use the + and – buttons to scroll through the modes which are Power, Bypass, VPC, TC-NI, TC-TI, TC-SS, and TC-TCR

- To lock resistance or reset puff counter, press the fire button three times to highlight the mode and then press the fire button to scroll to either setting

- Press the fire button and + or – button to increase or decrease the screen brightness

- To change the screen color, highlight the mode and then press the + and – buttons at the same time

- To view the software information, turn the device off and then press the + and – buttons

- To do a factory data reset, once the software information is viewable, press the fire, + and – buttons at the same time

upload_2022-5-6_21-32-20.png

The Max 100 is IP68 rated and has a new 1.1” display screen. The body of the mod is made of zinc alloy, rubber, and leather. The right side of the frame has the Geekvape name stamped into it. The left side has the star of the show in my opinion. The left side has the A-Lock slide switch. By simply sliding the switch down you easily lock the device. No button presses to memorize to lock it out.

On the back of the mod I received is a slightly padded black leather with two horizontal orange stitches running across it. There are also three horizontal rectangles indented in the leather. I guess this is some kind of design or something that I’m not aware of.

upload_2022-5-6_21-33-16.png

ce46U4P.jpg

The tank included in the kit is the Geekvape Z Subohm 2021 tank that has been included in other previous kits and is not new. However it really is a good tank that I’ve tested and used a few times now. It comes with two coils. One is .25 ohm and rated at 45-57 watts while the other is .2 ohm rated at 70-80 watts. The difference being besides the resistance is that one is a single coil and the other is a dual coil. I feel like both coils produce very good flavor and vapor production. I guess I’ve been using too many rdas because I just didn’t remember this tank being slightly restrictive even with the airflow open all the way. At least that was my experience using the .25 ohm coil. However, it has been a while since I’ve tested this tank.

The top cap is a bayonet style and just takes a small turn to open it to expose the very large fill ports. I can’t think of a bottle that is normally used that couldn’t fit in these ports. The coils are push in style and there is a tool included for removing the coils if your fingers aren’t strong enough to pull them out. The center chamber has a hand holding a lightning bolt on it. I personally like the old Zeus logo better. The base of the tank has the name of the tank along with what I believe is a serial number and of course “Designed by Geekvape” on the lower edge.

dMCuAKA.jpg

oMub8pT.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have enjoyed testing the Geekvape Max 100 Kit that was sent to me by Sourcemore. The Max 100 mod in my mind is just a larger version of the S100 (Solo 2) despite a few changes like the larger display screen. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. I liked the S100 and like that I can have a mod with similar operation with the advantage of longer battery life using a 21700 battery. The A-Lock is probably my favorite feature on this series of Aegis mods. I like to vape while driving and like that the A-Lock is large enough and textured that I can move the slide switch without looking if I have forgotten to unlock it before leaving. The mod in my opinion is really a nice size and comfortable to hold. I felt like I got good battery life like I normally do with most Geekvape mods.

The Z Subohm 2021 Tank is a solid tank in my opinion. The large fill ports make it easy to fill with no mess and the top airflow design makes it almost impossible to have a leak. I have never had any leaking with this tank after testing it for review multiple times. The redesigned base makes sure you get a good connection with the bottom of the coil. The Z series coils that are used with this tank provide very good flavor in my opinion. I do tend to run them a little on the low end as far as wattage. The .25 ohm coil was no problem and found I liked it at 47 watts with the airflow completely open. I did find it odd that with this one I felt like the airflow was slightly restricted. The .2 ohm coil was a little different story. I am not comfortable running this coil in the 70-80 watt range so ended up around 60 watts. It’s not that the coil can’t handle it but I don’t like a really warm vapor most of the time.

So, would I recommend the Geekvape Max 100 Kit for you? If you like 21700 mods that extend your battery life over an 18650 and want something that is dust, shock, and water proof then yes I would. Most people I think are somewhat familiar with the Aegis line of mods and to me this one is a welcome addition. I’d like to thank Sourcemore and Joyi for sending this kit for my review. Also, thanks to the readers. Without you I wouldn’t be doing this. Below is a link and a coupon code if you are interested in picking up one for yourself.

COUPON CODE: A100K for $45.99

GeekVape Max100 Kit 100W 5.5ml (sourcemore.com)

Q7yDWEE.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Great review as always hittman. I’d be curious on your thoughts on how it compares to the original version ?

I actually like this one better since it has a larger screen and the lock switch. Both are good though. This may be my last Geekvape review for some time since they have decided to ignore all of the reviewers here on ECF that have been writing for them for years. If that’s how they choose to treat us then I see no reason to promote their products in the future. It’s just not right to treat people like that. I did get this one from Sourcemore and not Geekvape but will probably stop requesting Geekvape products.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread