Status
Not open for further replies.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I hope this is in the right section. I am purely a tank vaper at this point, but this RDTA holds 3 mls of juice, so...

For all you Geekvape people, what are your thoughts on the Medusa? If I were to grab an RDTA because FDA, vapeocalypse, or any other event that might affect me being able to purchase premade coils, would this one be a good option? I'm looking at that very short drip tip and thinking my lips may not like that very much, but maybe heat isn't an issue with these?
I saw both Vapesourcing and Heaven Gifts has them on pre-order, so I understand that they are not available yet, but I need to know if I should keep my eye on this one or not. Thoughts??

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I love the look of it. Unfortunately - and I like Geekvape products A LOT so don't get me wrong - I think they stopped short or having a winner, here.

1. There's nothing new with the deck... this velocity-style deck can be had in just about any size tank at this point in time.

2. The capacity is kinda piddly. 3 ml isn't much more than a deep-welled RDA can hold.

3. It's vape to taste as there's no way of checking to see how much eLiquid is left in the reservoir.

I feel like the closest analogue to this tank is the Pharoah. That tank has a very innovative deck. Comparing it to another 25 mm velocity-decked RDTA... well, the obvious choice, here, is the Limitless Plus or Combo/Classic. Those tanks have a great deal more capacity, and glass to check level.

That said, I'll likely end up owning one at some point because it's gorgeous!

Medusa RDTA | GeekVape

85897d33ad049b2b8b5a014e0a9dda58.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
It's neat looking, but not really practical for my use. I like being able to easily see how much juice I have left in my tanks.

Not because I'm afraid of burnt hits (I use TC) but I like knowing if I have enough juice inside when I go out and about. With this, it would be hard to know.

I'm also really bored of the same old velocity style deck. Clamps are where it's at, especially with regards to TC (imo). Velocity decks always cause my resistance to fluctuate a little, where as with clamps, my resistance is dang near rock solid with no fluctuation. In my experience.

I might buy one tho, if the price is right, just because it's pretty. Lol

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I like the idea of a 25 mm build deck. I think the biggest deck I ever built on was 22mm, and my coils kept touching the sides so I got frustrated and gave up, lol. I did wonder about the lack of a window to check juice level. I vape in power mode so a dry hit could happen. Blech. I also wonder about that short drip tip! Is that standard?

louiesquared

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2015
Los Angeles
It looks cool but I would consider this an RDA with a large juice well. The fact that you cant see the liquid is a deal breaker for me. On the other hand, I love the Velocity deck. I have had many different tanks and rda's and the Velocity post style is the best design in my opinion.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I like the idea of a 25 mm build deck. I think the biggest deck I ever built on was 22mm, and my coils kept touching the sides so I got frustrated and gave up, lol. I did wonder about the lack of a window to check juice level. I vape in power mode so a dry hit could happen. Blech. I also wonder about that short drip tip! Is that standard?

If you want a larger deck with an RDTA, look at the Limitless series. I have an L+, but there's also the Combo and Classic, which also offer interchangeable decks for all sorts of builds as well as the stock velocity deck. 25 mm, 6 ml in the glass bottom but boy, does that blow through juice fast.

Otherwise I pretty much agree this is an RDA with a deep well. Oh, and the large chuff cap is consistent with the RDA thing to drip into.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I wonder if the bore of the drip tip is 510 drip tip compatible. That would be nice... The more I look at this, the more I like it as an RDA... not an RDTA, to be sure...

And the price looks to be right!

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/GeekVape-Medusa-RDTA-SS.html

Think I'll have to grab one in SS...

johnnyelevator

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
long beach, ca
I'd disagree a bit...

Lower capacity, larger post holes, different fill method...

The avocado is not sexy at all. Just a plain looking tank. But it holds 4ml vs 3ml for the medusa. Filling it can be difficult as there's no dedicated fill hole.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I wonder if the bore of the drip tip is 510 drip tip compatible. That would be nice... The more I look at this, the more I like it as an RDA... not an RDTA, to be sure...

And the price looks to be right!

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/GeekVape-Medusa-RDTA-SS.html

Think I'll have to grab one in SS...

I wondered about that, too. It looks like one of those ones that covers the outside of the chimney but it also looks like it has a 510 center which, I'm assuming goes down into the chimney. I would love to see one torn apart.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I wondered about that, too. It looks like one of those ones that covers the outside of the chimney but it also looks like it has a 510 center which, I'm assuming goes down into the chimney. I would love to see one torn apart.
I've got one inbound...

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
The avocado is not sexy at all. Just a plain looking tank. But it holds 4ml vs 3ml for the medusa. Filling it can be difficult as there's no dedicated fill hole.

The Avocado 24 has a hinged cover that opens to expose two holes on the top of the tank to fill it up. I'd call that dedicated :)

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
The Medusa is being touted by Geekvape as an RDTA/RDA, so if you run out of juice you can just drip into it or refill.

And if you think 3ml is too small, pity those in the EU as they impose a 2ml limit on all tanks - which is why more and more products are being released with a 2ml limit. Unfortunate that it may impact all markets.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Initial thoughts...

1. It's not an RDTA. It's an RDA with a ginormous juice well under a raised deck... it's kinda like the love child of a Pharaoh and a Tsunami...

2. Built in ultem chuff looks cool, but is too short. Fortunately, it is 510 compat.

3. Deck is big and easy to build and wick.

4. Air is pretty good. It's split direct to coil.

5. Ain't running this in single coil...

6. It is VERY nice looking

7. Flavor is good thanks to a domed top

8. Top cap clips on and rotates to lock, but is not indexed when locked... the top cap spins when air is adjusted if not held

9. The package I got was a prerelease sample... the packaging has a cutout for a second chuff... maybe bigger?

So far, I'm liking it...

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Initial thoughts...

1. It's not an RDTA. It's an RDA with a ginormous juice well under a raised deck... it's kinda like the love child of a Pharaoh and a Tsunami...

2. Built in ultem chuff looks cool, but is too short. Fortunately, it is 510 compat.

3. Deck is big and easy to build and wick.

4. Air is pretty good. It's split direct to coil.

5. Ain't running this in single coil...

6. It is VERY nice looking

7. Flavor is good thanks to a domed top

8. Top cap clips on and rotates to lock, but is not indexed when locked... the top cap spins when air is adjusted if not held

9. The package I got was a prerelease sample... the packaging has a cutout for a second chuff... maybe bigger?

So far, I'm liking it...

Wow, it really is pretty! I like the tip you replaced on yours. I wonder why the chuff cap that comes with it is so danged short. Weird. Does it get hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread