hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m back at it again today with yet another review. Today I’ll be talking about a little beast of a pod mod called the Geekvape Nano. I thought it was going to be called the aegis nano but obviously it’s not since it’s not listed that way on their website. I was sent the Nano by Geekvape in order to provide a fair and honest review and to help you decide if it’s a device you might like to add to your collection. When I saw it, I just thought it was a mini Aegis in pod form and didn’t expect a lot. I was pleasantly surprised by it. Before I get too far into it let’s take a look and see what is in the kit and see some pictures.

Geekvape-Aegis-Nano-Kit-description.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Aegis Nano Kit (2ml, Pre-installed : 0.6Ω 20~25W)
    1* Aegis Nano Pod (2ml, 1.2Ω 11~14W)
    1* Lanyard
    1* Spare Parts Pack
    1* USB Cable (Type-C)

Geekvape-Aegis-Nano-Kit-package.jpg

upload_2021-6-7_19-26-15.png

PARAMETERS:

Dimension

86.0*33.0*24.0mm

Capacity

2ml

Output Power

5-30W

Input Voltage

4.5–5.5V

Input Current

1A (Max)

Resistance Range

0.2Ω-3.0Ω

Vaping Time

10S

Temperature Control

100℃–315℃/200℉–600℉

Battery

800mAh

Charging Port

Type C

Display Screen

0.69 Inch (OLED Black and White Screen)

Color

Light Blue, Red, Yellow, Camo Green, Camo Silver, Camo Blue

FEATURES:

• 1. Industry-leading Aegis Tri-proof Technology
    • 2. Long battery life, all-day long enjoyment
    • 3. Top filling port, fuel at ease
    • 4. Stylish neck chain, Nano got style
    • 5. 30W output, adjustable airflow switch
    • 6. Auto output adjustment, magnetic click
    • 7. Multiple protections: splash & water resistance, dust resistance, shock resistance

Geekvape-Aegis-Nano-Kit-feature1.jpg

Geekvape-Aegis-Nano-Kit-feature2.jpg

Geekvape-Aegis-Nano-Kit-feature3.jpg

Geekvape-Aegis-Nano-Kit-feature4.jpg

Geekvape-Aegis-Nano-Kit-feature5.jpg

Geekvape-Aegis-Nano-Kit-feature6.jpg

Geekvape-Aegis-Nano-Kit-feature7.jpg

Geekvape-Aegis-Nano-Kit-feature8.jpg

Geekvape-Aegis-Nano-Kit-feature9.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

Once again I received the reviewer’s sample which comes in a nice box with an orange flap that flips up to expose the contents inside. I received the green camo version. I’ve never really been a fan of different colored camo patterns but this one looks pretty decent.

upload_2021-6-7_19-36-35.png

upload_2021-6-7_19-36-58.png

upload_2021-6-7_19-37-21.png

upload_2021-6-7_19-37-45.png

upload_2021-6-7_19-38-7.png

upload_2021-6-7_19-38-36.png

The Nano battery portion has two magnets and two gold plated contacts inside the top where the pod sits and makes connection. Toward the front top there are two rectangular cut outs that are for attaching the lanyard neck chain. I’m not a fan and will never use a lanyard but you don’t have to because it is optional. Below the cut outs is the display screen. The screen shows a battery indicator, wattage in a good sized font, followed by coil resistance, voltage, and puff counter. For me, everything besides the battery indicator and wattage are too small and very difficult to read. If you are holding the device with the screen facing you then on the right side is the fire button which is the only button on the Nano. On the opposite side of the fire button stamped into the rubber exterior is the word Aegis. On the rear of the unit at the top is a sliding airflow control which I greatly appreciated. Airflow control is an important feature for me. On the bottom of the unit is a rubber flip open cover that exposes the USB-C charging port for the 800mah internal battery.

upload_2021-6-7_19-39-50.png

The Nano is a very simplistic device to operate since there is only one button on it. The only thing the operator can change is the number of times they press the fire button so in fact this is how you operate the Nano. The operation is as follows:

- Press the fire button five times to turn the device on and off

- Press the fire button four times and the puff counter will flash. Press it once more and the puff counter will be reset

- Press the fire button three times and the wattage will flash. Either press the button once at a time or hold down for faster scrolling. Once it hits the top of the range then press again to start at the lowest setting.

- Press the fire button two times to lock the device. The display will say Fire Locked.

The kit comes with two pods. The pods for the Nano do not have replaceable coils so when the pod goes bad then you have to throw out the entire thing. I am very happy to report that the pods are indeed top fill. I can’t tell you how glad I am that they are not bottom or side fill. The pods are in fact clear also but most of the pod is covered by the tip. If you push on one side of the tip then it will come off to expose a black rubber gasket. You have to lift the gasket to fill. I kind of wish that this gasket could have been incorporated into the tip so you could just pop the tip off and fill without the extra step. On the side of the tip there are three marks on each side to let you know where to press to remove the tip and fill. At first I experienced a little difficulty removing the pod from the battery until I realized that if I just press upward on the side of the tip above where the airflow control is then it will pop right out. On the bottom of the pod are the two matching contacts and magnets.

The .6 pod comes preinstalled on the Nano but has a safety seal on the bottom that must be removed before the first use. I liked the .6 pod at 20 watts with the airflow completely open even though the mod defaults to 23 when the pod is installed. The operating range for the .6 pod is 5-30 watts. The device restricts the output from 5-14 watts for the 1.2 pod. The default is 12 watts and I liked that very much once again with the airflow open. The flavor production with both pods was very good in my opinion and the amount of vapor produced was very generous for such a small device.

upload_2021-6-7_19-41-0.png

upload_2021-6-7_19-41-34.png

IMG-5235.jpg

IMG-5238.jpg

IMG-5240.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Once again Geekvape has put out what I consider to be a very good product. I very much enjoyed testing the Nano. I liked both of the pods. The .6 pod was good for me as an RDL and the 1.2 pod I liked as an airy MTL. I feel like because of the mouthpiece that those that like a really tight MTL may not like it so much.

I thought the Nano was very comfortable to hold and liked the positioning of the fire button. It looks quite a bit like the Aegis Solo and is IP67 rated. It is small enough to easily fit in a pocket but vapes like a much bigger device. I felt like I got good battery life with the two different pods and was very happy with the flavor and vapor production.

So would I recommend it? Yes if you would like a small pocket friendly pod device that is water, shock, and dust resistant and gives good flavor and a decent amount of vapor. I would like to thank Monica and Geekvape for sending the Nano for this review. You might be tired of hearing it but thanks goes out to the readers. Below is a link to the Nano if you would like to take a look for yourself.

Geekvape Nano | Aegis | Geekvape – Pursue a Healthy Vaping Experience.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread